ORAS UU Trickroom done right: Mega-Camerupt

Trickroom done right: Mega-Camerupt

Introduction

Hello Miraklez here with a UU-Trickroom team made for the postmenceban-meta. This is a team a random user asked me to create for him built around Mega-Camerupt, before he left and presumably quit pokemon forever after I told him that the team gets 6-0d by mamo while I was still busy working on the team with him. After that I never heard from him again. Then some time passed and I decided to finish the team and discovered to my surprise I created a real gem of a team.

So I can already hear the haters asking: Miraklez for what reason is this "Trickroom done right" ? What exactly is the difference between this Trickroomteam and others? Well to answer that this is a Trickroom team that isnt 100% matchup dependant. Ofcourse that comes at the cost at not having amazing matchups versus opposing HO like regular Trick room has. And ofcourse that doesnt mean that this team doesnt have bad matchups at all, but its not to the degree regular Trickroomteams suffers from but rather to the degree normal teams suffers from.

So finally here's the team.

The Team

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Growth
- Stealth Rock

So here we have the man the myth the legend himself mega-camerupt. 2hkoing pretty much everything under trick room this thing is a monster. Using a very standard spread which I dont feel needs much explaining the only thing that you might notice is using a modest nature over a quiet one. The reason for that is for outspeeding gyroball forretress(which is every forretress lets be honest) outside of Trickroom pre-mega. It comes back to my motto, which you might hear a lot during this RMT, that the mark of a good trick room team isnt how it performs under Trick room but outside of it. Its main roll on this team is basicly being my switchin to willo, getting up rocks and getting kills during Trick room. If for some reason mence doesnt get banned run hp ice over Growth. Fire blast and Epower are the main spammable stab options. Growth is for when you encounter bliss. +1 camerupt takes no prisoners 2hkoing bliss after rocks with fire blast.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore
- Trick Room

So here we have the best Trickroom setter available to UU(I eagerly await the moment
OU screws up and lets starmie drop but till then). I can already hear you retorting that the best Trick room setter is either p2 or cress, but let me drop you the truth right now first of all TR cress is garbage, not because it cant get TR up or anything but because it is absolutely worthless in any situation that doesnt involve TR. complete setupfodder for common Trickroom 6-0ers like SD gatr, calm mind suicune etc. Now p2 is actually good but even that thing is setup fodder for stuff like calm mind sylv and bulk up conk. Whereas whimsi does not suffer from this issue and instead heavily punishes opponents that try to setup while TR is coming down, while either gaining you more TR or momentum. Besides that it is also very good at getting Trick room up versus a lot of mons in the current meta.

ANYWAY as for the EVs the defensive spread was chosen as it allows it to switchin into most crawdaunt sets once. Note that whimsi here has the full 31 speed EV's which get reset to 0 every time you click Trick Room in teambuilder (!!!) so watch out for that. 31 speed EV's are necessary so to not get 6-0d by mega swampert. Also faster U-turns are nice because those become slow u-turns in Trick Room, potentially giving a member of your team a free switchin. As for the moveset moonblast is the spammable stab of choice, u-turn for momentum, encore to punish setup and TR for TR.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Def / 232 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Trick Room

So here we have the second setter of choice. This thing pretty much gets Trick room versus everything whimsicott doesnt get Trick Room on(bar life orb hydreigon). It also doubles as a cune counter and curselax counter. max def to tank random no stab knock offs. The speed outspeeds cune and every slow rocker so you can taunt them. as for the moveset scald because scald, wisp to give crawdaunt or haxorus later in the game potential good setup oppertunities, taunt because taunt and Trick room because Trick room.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Here we have our second Trick room abuser. Very standard EV-spread with 4 speed undermax to outslow other crawdaunts. Its power and speedtier alow it to be a threat outside and inside of Trickroom. Many a florges have died thinking they outsped and revenged crawdaunt after Trick room ended. At +2 this thing doesnt have any switchins !. Crabhammer and knock off are great stab obtions with aqua jet being nice priority and SD for boosting. Huge threat.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Does your oponent have a wall that needs breaking? Do you need a wincon? Do you need a revengekiller? Well look no further than scarf mienshao! long story short adamant highjumpkick 2hkos everything after rocks that doesnt resist, even 2hkoing things that DO resist. scarf allows it to outspeed pretty much everything unboosted or nonscarfed, allowing mienshao to be a nice late game wincon. The infidels that don't believe in the power of adamant can choose to run jolly to beat stuff like darmanitan and scarfhydrei better. But I declare that the people that let stuff like haxorus get +1 without murdering it are weak! Mienshao is basicly my anwser to krook and mamo, revenging both. Edge hits crobat. U-turn for momentum in times when you doubt the power of adamant mienshao and fear to pull the mighty and hefty trigger that is highjumpkick. knock for doublade and chandy.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Now as for this slot here this used to be DD yache mence. But facing the impending ban I replaced it for something that does basicly the same but worse. Haxorus here serves as a late game wincon but more often it serves as a midgame balance breaker. whats a balance breaker you ask? Thats when you run into a team that looks unbreakable. You cant see your wincon. You cant see what on your team is getting the kos because your opponent brought a counter to everything. Thats when you bust out your trusty DD haxorus. This is a mon that will always get a kill for you. Even if it get revenged right after it will have opened a hole in your opponents team that something else can definitly abuse. it also kinda serves as a tspike detterent if you think your opponent has a tspiker that outspeeds jelli you can just lead this. Outrage hits hard. Earthquake for steels and poisons. poison jab for fairies.

Well then thats it for this RMT. Thoughts and opinions about this team(positive and negative) are greatly appriciated as that will help me on the road to become the greatest gimmick user of UU. As for big threats to this team pretty much anything faster than mienshao and infernape.

Edit:
As per Phil's suggestions I will list out the things this team struggles against. I myself peaked 1600+ elo with this team on ladder, but I feel like this team should be reaching 1700 at the least.

1) Tspikes. Also known as the bane of every Trick Room team. Having every mon taking 12% every turn exposes this team to scarfers and priority more than I would like.
2) Gyarados. This team does not take sub dd gyara on well. whenever it comes in there is always the bounce/setup mindgame that you need to win or else you lose a mon or maybe even more. Not helped by the fact that gyarados revenges m-camerupt even if trick room is up. Possible solution replacing growth with hp elec maybe.
3) Im kinda not sure about haxorus' place on this team, like I said earlier it is meant to replace mence on this team but it isnt as good at its job. Im pretty much looking for changes I could make to make it better. I am right now considering life orb over lum. Any comments about what I could do with that haxorus slot are greatly appreciated.​

Last edited:
Good team. I can't really suggest anything now in terms of team improvement, but I can suggest you put up a list of problems your team faces to help people identify solutions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)