XY OU Tornadus-T HO team

This is a Hyper Offence team I made that is based around the somewhat uncommon threat of Tornadus-T. While usually seen in rain, Tornadus-T, has merits outside of rain, the most notable of which is being able too run heat wave. It has an offensive core of Tornadus-T, Greninja, and Breloom. this core has excellent coverage and puts IMMENSE offensive pressure on the opponent and racking up hazard damage. I also run Rotom-W, mostly to stop talonflame and DD users. I put in Mega Aggron as well. while it might me an odd choice for a speedy team, its titanic bulk and good offensive presence allow it to function well when my team is under assault by other HO teams. Finally, I run a suicide lead skarmory. I chose it because it mostly because it has access to both SR and spikes, and also has an oddly fast taunt. anyway, here it is!

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost

Yes, speedy Skarmory. Its the fastest pokemon outside of Smeargle to get both stealth rocks and spikes in OU, while it also boasts far more bulk than smeargle. Due too max speed and a positive nature, it can outspeed and taunt many slower leads such as Heatran and Ferrothorn. The Salac berry is chosen because it can usually ensure two layers of hazards. I would choose Custap but, sadly, it is unreleased.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Tornadus-T is a deceptively good mixed sweeper. In my opinion, its greatest asset is that its unexpected. I cannot say how many Tyranitar and Ferrothorn have been nailed by Tornadus' Superpower and Heat wave, respectively. Hurricane is the main attack here, as even with awful accuracy it hits like a nuke. Heat wave hits the plethora of pokemon weak to fire in OU. Superpower is mostly there for busting through TTar while giving it a shot against Heatran and the pink blobs. finally, U-turn forms a voltturn core with Rotom-W while dealing a good chunk to the lati twins

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump

Ordinarily, dark pulse or Grass Knot would be run over taunt. However, taunt stops two things my team has trouble with. A) Bulky walls; and B) setup sweepers. Anyway, the rest of the moves are standard for Greninja. Hydro Pump is a strong move with good neutral coverage, Exrtasensory is a reasonably powerful move that deals with Keldeo and mega venu, as well as having good coverage alongside hydro pump. Finally, Ice beam is there for dragons mostly, and also hits Breloom.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

This is a pretty standard Breloom. With powerful priority, good coverage, and a 100% accurate sleeping move, he serves my team as a revenge killer and a reliable way to get bast the pink blobs. Also, bullet Seed packs one heck of a punch on 4 or 5 hits.On 5 hits, It's actually able to OHKO standard Gliscor after SR! Also, Mach Punch is a powerful revenge killing tool that can do a hefty chunk too most offensive pokemon, as well as OHKOing offensive Excadrill 100% of the time

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
This is a somewhat rare Rotom-W set. it possesses just enough bulk to take the hits it needs to. it counters the omnipresent Talonflame as well as Landorus-T. It also packs a slowish Volt switch, allowing it to get a teammate in safely. It can also deter dragons from setting up with Wow. It also checks non-life orb Thunderus, a pokemon my team can have trouble with.

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
Finally, my mega pokemon. Mega Aggron may seem like a like an odd choice on an OU team, especially a HO one. however, the amount of pokemon that it can take on is ENORMOUS. Azumarril, Gengar, Lati@s, and Tyranitar are just some. Also, it can beat many walls without recovery due too Its immunity to toxic and access too rest.

Well, post what you think in the comments below. Questions, comments, criticism- but please no complaints thanks.

Last edited:
Your team is pretty weak to Mega Zard Y. And 3 life orbs? Your team will cry against stall due to half your team being on timers. Put sash on Breloom. Extrasensory also serves more purpose than Dark Pulse now for Greninja now that Aegislash is banned. And you really need to save Aggron if they have a Slyveon.

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 174-205 (58.3 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

However, megazard y will be tough to handle if they defog/spin... also, what pokemon on stall teams would give me trouble? can you please specify? thanks for the comment! changes were made to Greninja

I instantly like this team because it contains tornados-t. Too many people disregard it now that it can't spam 100% accurate hurricanes in permanent rain even thoughh tornadus-t is still decent and can still fill a niche in OU.

I disagree with the notion of tornadus being a mixed sweeper though. With its strongest and most prized move missing so much it doesn't really function well as a sweeper at all, especially considering how frail it is. I feel tornadus-t's full potential is being wasted without knock off. Knock off + speedy u-turn + regenerator can be extremely annoying to deal with. Although, I can easily see you won't want to remove any of the current moves. I would definitely suggest trying knock off instead of superpower. I used to run this guy on a team and believe me I know the amazing feeling of OHKO'ing a ttar, but other than ttar superpower isn't doing much. It's not that strong against heatran at all and it can threaten back with a burn. It hits chansey hard but you need to hit it on the switch and even then it can heal up after the attack drop. Knock off serves a much better purpose overall ruining so many strategies for so many pokemon and can ruin chansey altogether. Without eviolite chansey really isn't a problem. It's not just for item removal, a life orb boosted knock off does respectable damage to slightly frailer pokemon and hits things like the lati twins and gengar extremely hard. Your team should have no real problems with ttar anyway so why not try it out for a while instead of superpower? I would usually suggest removing heatwave but your team doesn't really have that much to hit ferrothorn and the like so heatwave should probably stay.

Knowledgeable comment! I think I'll keep superpower on him for now but will probably change it to knock off eventually. Also, my team has major trouble with the pink blobs so the shots i have at killing them, the better. thanks to everyone for the support!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)