Tiers page update

Hi, I'm here to suggest that the on-site tier list be updated to include the following tiers:

- BL3
- LC Uber (or equivalent)

Adding these tiers would be a way for players to quickly see which mons are banned from NU and LC respectively, and would serve to clear up confusion, especially for BL3 (demonstrating clearly that Jynx, and any mon(s) banned as a result of the current NU suspect test, are not in RU for usage reasons).

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The BL3 issue is a known one and is being worked on along with the update for BW2.

IDK if the LC Uber tier is needed, I guess people with LC experience can way in here. I don't think it's necessary, especially considering Pokemon like Scyther are firmly RU and wouldn't be listed as LC Uber anyway.

LC really shouldn't even be a "tier". It's a metagame whose banlist is completely separate from the usage tiers. I think that listing LC as a tier has resulted in some confusion, especially since not all LC-legal Pokémon are listed in the LC "tier" list (e.g. Munchlax). I'm not sure of what's being planned for listing LC Pokémon, but if LC has to continue to be listed as a tier in the same way that UU, RU, etc. are, maybe the Pokémon need to be listed in terms of whether they have an analysis for a metagame, rather than what tier they're in.

You can see that by clicking on the Metagames tab, cape. That said, yeah, LC (just like DW and VGC) are not technically tiers, rather metagames (each tier has a metagame, which is where that confusion comes from). Technically, everything listed as LC or NFE should probably either be combined into NFE, pushed into NU (technically the tier they're in), or placed in a section called Not Viable or something. Granted, that would be a lot of work, and I think only Doug or mingot could do it (both of which probably have more important things to do), so I wouldn't hold out for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)