Project Threats to OU Cores v2: Round 72: Mega Charizard X + Ash-Greninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

Pretty self-explanatory. Mega Gyarados resists both of Ash-Gren's STAB attacks, especially pre-transformation, and is able to setup a DD and 2hko back. This is even easier against Mega Latios, as its current moveset is a 4hko bar crits. If Mega Gyarados is able to come in against Mega Latios, then it's easily able to setup a DD and beat both members. If you invest HP, you can even run Substitute and setup on Latios.

Calcs
4 Atk Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados-Mega: 85-100 (25.6 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 120-142 (36.2 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (if transformed)

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

specs koko as an offensive check as it ohkos both with dazzling gleam and can pivot around with volt switch. just a complete nuisance for any team based on this core. shuca w/ dazzle works as well

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock

This thing walls latios and can proceed to calm mind all over the place, eating any hit from gren in the process, and OHKO both mons with a +1 moonblast. It can set up on gren even more easily if it makes the mistake of locking itself into dark pulse, which would happen fairly often if paired with Gastrodon or some other fat water resist. Once it gets its first calm mind it can get up to +6 if it wants, at which point there's no stopping it.

+1 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios-Mega: 254-300 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 260-308 (91.2 - 108%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 220-261 (55.8 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 126-148 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Felixx

I'm back.
Lots of good posts last week. Now here’s the part where I give my thoughts on some of the submissions…

Highlights

M-Gyarados: This gets the “Threat of the Week” from me; it’s a great sweeper and stallbreaker, being able to set-up on a lot of different mons, and look at that, it’s able to do just that against Ash-Gren and M-Latios. There should honestly be more of this threat in the archives. Indigo Plateau

Megahorn AV Tapu Bulu: Definitely a cool lure, I’ve used it in on a few builds, and even though it’s very specific as it only really hits the M-Lati twins, it’s still acceptable since lack of Nature’s Madness/Wood Hammer can be circumvented though good plays/teambuilding. GekkisaiDaiNi

Gastrodon: Good fat mon that walls both members of the core really well. Also agreeing that Gastro-East is the only Gastro. Jordy

Not Archived

AV Magearna: OTR Mag I would have accepted if someone posted it, but AV Mag gets a no from me, I think Ash-Gren and M-Latios are better at breaking AV Magearna than AV Magearna is at breaking them, so unfortunately I’m not archiving this. AbzanCompanyII

Ninjask: Gang shit. stuuful12

Okay, so this is the “balance” core of the week I'll present you with, you guys have 7 days to get your submissions in, afterwards I'll be checking the thread and archiving the viable mons, and giving my thoughts on them.
Week 13 Core: Gastrodon + Tornadus-Therian

Gastrodon-East (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Defog

• Gastrodon and Tornadus form an increasingly common balance core, with Gastrodon bringing great role compression to a team, being able to take on the likes of both Greninja forms, Tapu Koko, Heatran, Zapdos, and Magearna, all mons that can check Tornadus, while Tornadus takes on Grass-types such as Kartana, and Tapu Bulu in return. Additionally, it also slowly cripples other defensive mons that Gastrodon struggles with by Knocking Off items and preventing recovery using Taunt. How will you break the core of the week? Post your submissions below!
  • Try to post only OU viable Pokémon and don't post sets specifically for this core, additionally your threat should not be complete deadweight against teams that do not feature the core of Gastrodon + Tornadus. Everyone have a good day!

Last edited:
Bloom Doom Heatran
5E8F2AB8-FC72-4CD1-B71E-6B484AB0AD8F.gif

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Solar Beam
Offensive Heatran is arguably the best Tornadus Switchin in the game thanks to resisting Flying and the fact that Z crystals can’t be knocked off. Bloom Doom Tran has been getting traction lately because it can rip apart Balanced teams that rely on Gastrodon and Gliscor to check Heatran.

Last edited:
Reserving Mega Mawile

Mega Mawile

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mawile comes in completely free on Torn, procedes to SD up, and then easily OHKO both members of the core, while really only having to fear Scald burns from Gastrodon. Torn gets completely walled by Mawile, outside of Supersonic Skystriking on the Mawile switch-in and then hoping for a Hurricane high roll, and Gastrodon gets outsped and OHKOed.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 334-394 (111.7 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 346-408 (115.7 - 136.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 140-165 (55.7 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 84-99 (33.4 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0- Atk Tornadus-Therian Knock Off vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 17-21 (6.7 - 8.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0- Atk Tornadus-Therian U-turn vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 9-11 (3.5 - 4.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 753-886 (177.1 - 208.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 376-444 (88.4 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

As we all know, Gastrodon is not exactly the epitome of physical bulk, meaning that most physical attackers that break Tornadus will break it, such as Weavile

STAB Icicle Crash is all Weavile needs to decimate the core as Tornadus folds over to Icicle Crash which also 2HKOes Gastro, and Gastro can't K.O it back. As a bonus, Weavile can even pursuit trap either if they are weakened enough

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 474-560 (158.5 - 187.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 267-315 (62.8 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind

Despite the huge dual heal Clefable wave that's ongoing rn, I still believe CM Rocks Clef is the best set. It's very effective against this core in particular, as thanks to Magic Guard, Clef comes in for free every time vs. Gastro. It can then either set up Rocks or CM, both of which annoy Torn-T - after one CM boost, Clef 2HKOs Torn-T. Not really much explaining to do since everyone already knows what CM Clef does.

Last edited:
Kartana
/

Kartana @ Steelium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Kartana @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

these are two kartana sets i've been really liking as of late with the insurgence of balance teams. kart scares out gastro as it is and if torn-t is the primary response, then it's going to take a heavy hit from either set

252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Smart Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 265-313 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Smart Strike vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 265-313 (73.4 - 86.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 276-325 (64.9 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 164-194 (54.8 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 245-289 (67.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Kartana Corkscrew Crash (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 354-417 (118.3 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Kartana Corkscrew Crash (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 354-417 (98 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

both sets are very viable in the current meta with fat torn and amoong being common. both sets have different functions but band can be a big nuisance in general coming in and knocking off other possible checks like celesteela and hitting the latis very hard as well

a replay of my teammate with the core in question vs a banded kart: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-377665

as you can see, he has a lot of trouble switching into it and kart absolutely nails his fat torn. he eventually needs to sack reun and attempt to revenge it

Last edited:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Tyranitar can easily get in on this Tornadus-T as it lacks U-turn or Superpower, though it does not like getting Knocked Off. If Tyranitar can get in safely though, it can potentially Pursuit trap Tornadus-T to effectively weaken it and limit it from coming in in the match, or it can choose to spam Crunch, which effectively 2HKOs Gastrodon.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 265-313 (88.3 - 104.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 298-352 (70.1 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer / Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer / Superpower
- Nature's Madness

AV Tapu Bulu by itself isn't great for this core - it can't directly switch in on either Gastrodon or Torn-T without fear of their coverage moves. But it can lure Torn (along with other Rock-weak mons) and blow it up after rocks damage, and it obviously beats Gastro one on one. It could try to run SD/Rock-Z to beat other members of this core (Celesteela, Zapdos, or Clefable), but AV has a lot more utility for role compression/defense and Heatran, Tyranitar, or M-Mawile can work alongside Bulu to beat Bulu checks more regularly than trying to break through a whole team by itself.

60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 250-296 (83.6 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon in Grassy Terrain: 948-1120 (223 - 263.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Roost / Whatever

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 541-637 (127.2 - 149.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 322-380 (107.6 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Much like the Weavile submission above, this core can be broken by forcefully reminding Gastrodon that it is not an Ice resist. Just keep it healthy enough to live Supersonic Skystrike (or bait that out early) and click Ice Beam once or twice to bluff a special set.

Last edited:

Tapu Koko @ Grassium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Roost / Volt switch / whatever
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass knot

Normally Koko scares quite a lot of things into switching to Gastrodon, including Tornadus, Needless to say that won't end well against this set. Unlike, say, Bloom Doom Heatran, this is one set hardly anyone's going to scout for, especially if you manage to bluff specs with Volt Switch.

252 SpA Tapu Koko Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 460-544 (108.2 - 128%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Xurkitree

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Neither Gastrodon nor Tornadus-T can't threaten Xurkitree, while they are setup fodders for this monster. Tornadus-T doesn't OHKO Xurkitree with Z-Hurricane, and Xurkitree OHKOs Tornadus-T with Thunderbolt. Gastrodon's EQ also can't OHKO Xurkitree. Xurkitree can put Gastrodon to sleep with Z-Hypnosis, setup with Tail Glow and OHKO Gastrodon with Energy Ball at +3 SpA. Xurkitree OHKOs Gastrodon with Energy Ball at +1 SpA, so if Xurkitree KOed Tornadus-T before Gastrodon, Z-Hypnosis isn't necessary.

0 Atk Gastrodon Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xurkitree: 246-290 (79.8 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 SpA Xurkitree Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 596-704 (140.2 - 165.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xurkitree: 178-210 (57.7 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tornadus-Therian: 398-470 (133.1 - 157.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Felixx

I'm back.
Here’s the part where I give my thoughts on some of the submissions…

Highlights

Weavile: Congratulations, Weavile gets “Threat of the Week”; really cool mon that I think is doing pretty well in the meta with so much Tornadus, Zapdos, and M-Latios running around, and its ability to Pursuit trap all three while checking Bulu and having a great speed tier is what separates it from its main competition in Band Tar. stuuful12
Tyranitar: Here’s Weavile's said competition lol, basically does the same thing, it Pursuits Torn and prevents it from just spamming U-turn and chipping it down, and 2HKOs Gastro using Banded Crunch. Jordy

Slightly Sub Par (But Viable) Sets

Banded Kartana: I’m not so sure of the viability of SD Z-Smart Strike, since Z-Giga does around the same thing which is breaking past M-Venu, Amoonguss, and Torn on the switch, while also letting it OHKO Zapdos after a boost, but I think Band Kart is definitely a viable option, so this threat will be archived. ayman x
Z-Grass Knot Tapu Koko: I thought about not archiving this since it seems a little too specific to the core, but then I realized Rain is still bullshit and catching M-Pert on the switch greatly improves the Rain match-up, so this threat gets archived. wadusher

Not Archived

Xurkitree: This will not be archived due to Rule number 2 of this thread, "Please only post Pokemon that are viable in OU.". Now this doesn't mean that you can't submit mons that are not on the viability rankings, I will make exceptions to certain unranked mons I deem viable enough to archive, but Xurkitree will not be getting that exception. Egor

For this week we have an SD spam core of Gliscor and M-Scizor, as usual you guys have 7 days to get your submissions in, afterwards I'll be checking the thread and archiving the viable mons, and giving my thoughts on them.

Week 14 Core: Gliscor + M-Scizor

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

• SD Gliscor is a staple on many hazard stack Balance builds, being able to reliably deal with Heatran and acting as a formidable win-condition whose potency only gets increased by the layers on Spikes and T-Spikes being set on the field. Likewise, SD M-Scizor also enjoys said hazards, and benefits from Gliscor shielding it from Heatran and Defog Zapdos, and using Toxapex as set-up fodder. These two are both deadly late-game sweepers that should be dealt with carefully, so I’m excited to see what you guys can come up with to deal with this core!
  • Try to post only OU viable Pokémon and don't post sets specifically for this core, additionally your threat should not be complete deadweight against teams that do not feature the core of Gliscor + M-Scizor. Everyone have a good day!
  • Also, I've updated the OP, everyone please check out Rule 2.1, it might be important for your future posts in this thread.

Last edited:
Waterium Z Keldeo.
291908A9-E687-4F58-8187-8E16092480B9.gif

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
Keldeo can outspeed and defeat Gliscor with Hydro Pump, while Scizor is also outsped and can be used as setup bait for Keldeo.

Last edited:
Reserving Zard Y

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
Easily beats both and can Roost off damage.
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor in Sun: 348-409 (98.8 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor in Sun: 348-409 (98.8 - 116.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor in Sun: 286-337 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 118-139 (39.7 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 16 SpD Scizor-Mega in Sun: 1012-1192 (295 - 347.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 129-153 (43.4 - 51.5%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Reserving Specs Pelipper

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn

Specs Pelipper OHKOes both M Scizor and Gliscor with rain-boosted Hydro Pump, while can survive all their attacks at +2. Badly poisoned Gliscor's unboosted Facade only 3HKOes Pelipper, so Pelipper can switch into unboosted Gliscor and OHKO it with Hydro Pump. Pelipper also can switch into M Scizor's Bullet Punch and OHKO with rain-boosted Hydro Pump. The only thing Pelipper fears is Knock Off, as without Specs Pelipper can't OHKO M Scizor. +2 Knock Off is especially threatening because it puts Pelipper into KO range of Bullet Punch.

0 Atk Gliscor Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pelipper: 96-114 (36.7 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 0 Atk Gliscor Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pelipper: 192-227 (73.5 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor in Rain: 794-936 (225.5 - 265.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pelipper: 46-54 (17.6 - 20.6%) -- possible 5HKO

+2 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pelipper: 92-108 (35.2 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega in Rain: 355-418 (103.4 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover

M-Latios moveset can be tailored to deal with specifics threats, so, why not? This is fairly simple: Ice Beam OHKOes Gliscor, and HP Fire do the same with M-Scizor after rocks. M-Latios survive the +2 BP from M-Scizor all the time; Gliscor can't do that much because it gets outspeed while M-Latios is immune to its Earthquake, and unboosted Facade is a 3HKO after rocks, so, M-Latios shits on this core pretty effortlesly.

252 SpA Latios-Mega Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 508-600 (144.3 - 170.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Latios-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 304-360 (88.6 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Gliscor Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 96-114 (31.8 - 37.8%) -- 94.2% chance to 3HKO
+2 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 184-217 (61.1 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Doesn't listed Knock Off because it almost never will get a chance to hit at +2.

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Magnezone can sub up on unboosted Mega Scizor as Knock Off does 24.9%, and it has a hard time boosting because it's usually gonna be pressured super badly when Magnezone is on the opposing team. So you just sub up on Mega Scizor and beat Gliscor up with Z-Flash Cannon which does a load. If this were U-turn Mega Scizor this would be an even easier matchup as a neutral U-turn does even less and is also a free Substitute that forces Mega Scizor out, considering how this set wants to lure Gliscor that's pretty good.

0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 59-70 (20.9 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 288-340 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 318-375 (90.3 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal

I don't even use this mon because Heatran is waifu as fuck.

Last edited:

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs / Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

While gren really doesn't want to switch in on anything these two have to throw at it, when it eventually gets in safely, it will happily exploit this duo's lack of a water resist, forcing them to pick a sack as gliscor just gets OHKO'd and scizor really does not want to switch in. It will get punished heavily for missing Hydro Pump though, hence the Z move option.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 396-468 (112.5 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(unset I know, but that's not the point)
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 301-355 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 228-268 (66.4 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Good ol' Steela hard-walls this core by nature of her typing and Gliscor's lack of Substitute. The absolute best move this pair has for her is MSciz's +2 Knock Off, and even that is only a 3-4HKO while Steela 1-2HKOs back. Basically, this core's only hope is having a healthy Magnezone on their team and not switching it into Flamethrower.

+2 0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 159-188 (40 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 107-126 (26.9 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 272-324 (79.3 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

+2 0 Atk Gliscor Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 77-91 (19.3 - 22.9%) -- possible 8HKO after Leech Seed recovery (possibly the worst move ever after Leftovers recovery)
+6 0 Atk Gliscor Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 154-181 (38.7 - 45.5%) -- 88.5% chance to 3HKO after Leech Seed recovery (1.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery)
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 108-127 (30.6 - 36%) -- 48.2% chance to 3HKO after Leech Seed damage and Poison Heal (guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock)

Last edited:

Heatran (M) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk) / Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Lava Plume / Toxic / Will-O-Wisp / Stealth Rock / Hidden Power [Ice]

this core is weak to offensive tran on paper. although an aggressive play is required to eliminate the gliscor, as a battle progresses and gliscor is eventually worn down and the tran measure becomes apparent, the opportunity will strike itself. i suggest supporting tran with wish clef and a leech seeder + removal.

i'm currently a big fan of modest tran bc of the power difference (will attach calcs); you still outspeed hera and bulu as they usually run adamant. the last move is customizable depending on the team. plume can be used for reliability and burning grounds on the switch or hp ice can be used to snipe zygarde or gliscor.

252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 181-214 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal and trapping damage
252 SpA Heatran Inferno Overdrive (180 BP) vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 325-384 (92.3 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Heatran Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 292-344 (82.9 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

252+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 199-235 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal and trapping damage
252+ SpA Heatran Inferno Overdrive (180 BP) vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 357-421 (101.4 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Poison Heal
252+ SpA Heatran Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 108 SpD Gliscor: 320-380 (90.9 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal

Reserving Mega Gyarados

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Simply put thanks to Mega Gyarados's typing both mega and un-mega, it can effectively set up on this core and precede to win with little to no effort. Thanks to Intimidate pre-Mega and Taunt, you can both lower either member of the core's attack and prevent them from Swords Dancing or Roosting. Then you can just Dragon Dance and win. However, be careful to scout whether Mega Scizor is U-turn or Knock Off with regular Gyarados. That being said, Mega Gyarados has very little trouble at beating this core.

+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 244 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 368-434 (104.5 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 248 HP / 124 Def Scizor-Mega: 204-240 (59.4 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)