This Love (Sun Balance)

Stone RG

Megas are broke
This Love: An Ubers RMT

'Sup guys its Stoned here, doing my very first Ubers RMT, something i have been wanting to do for months, but im lazy as hell so i didnt ever sit on my laptop and say ''hey ill do the ubers RMT i want to do''.

Before going into the team id like you to have some background: this team was started more less a year ago, when i was starting in the ubers environment, after unsuccesfull tests with Sand and Rain, i was realley a newbie, the kind of guy who feels simpathy for Ubers just because theyre legendaries (i was barely starting competitive pokemon at the time). I started building this team one afternoon of december, thinking about a certain girl who you dont need to know about, and it remembered me about a pokemon i have almost as much obsession for: Ho-Oh.

Well the case is that i started asking veteran uber players, maybe i bothered but i dont know now, obviously it worked best in Sun, something i know for experience i cant play for shit in OU, but it ended being my fit in Ubers. And i made it, i used it on PO and got a lot of success with it after some tests and fixes on the original team. Then BW 2 came out and the new formes and the Soul dew release made me leave Ubers for a while, until about a month ago i decided: lets make it to the top 5 in the Ubers PO ladder (sorry but Ubers in PS is a joke), i made it with only 1 change in the team, but i stopped going on PO 3 weeks ago cuz school.

So i got no proves of the my ladder rating, but anyways into the team:

FUK its hot (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Roar

Pokemon, EVs, Nature, Moves: So as i said, i wanted Ho-Oh to be the center of the team , and what is Ho-Oh without sun support? i dont wanna know honestly. Groudon functions as my premier physical wall and SR user, sort of countering almost every physical arceus and rayquaza. Thunder Wave is there to catch sweepers on the switch or even while they try to set up on me, and Roar cuz i dislike Dragon Tail. Earthquake is the necessary STAB that hits hard even without investment.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Pokemon, EVs, Nature, Moves: So Ho-Oh is not exactly a threat if its entering the field with 50% health (well Regenerator but i already said i made this team before BW 2), so i needed a spinner, Tentacruel and Excadrill seemed out of place in a sun team, plus i know for talking and reading that Spike-stalking is one of the most dangerous playstyles in Ubers, therefore i didnt have to be genius to think about Foerretress. Volt Switch is there for momentum, and Toxic, since that way it works better as EK Arceus than Groudon even with the specially defensive spread.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Pokemon, EVs, Nature, Moves: Well did you know that Kyogre is kinda a bitch for Sun teams? If you didnt then i know you havent played Ubers in life. This serves as my Kyogre counter OBVIOUSLY, and probably a pokemon that is deadweight against anything that isnt a rain team, no, im underestimating Palkia, since being my most effective revenge killer and such an incredible coverage is no little thing. I prefered the pure special set over the mixed because i sometimes find outrage every useless and the bulk loss did hurt me sometimes against Groudon (who OHKOs after SR with a Hasty nature). Spacial Rend is necessary for consistency, while FB hits Steels for ridicoulus damage in the Sun, Hydro Pump and Thunder are there for rain teams.

Threat (Kyurem-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Fusion Flare

Pokemon, EVs, Nature, Moves: My most effective wall-breaker, and a nightmare for stall teams once i have my hazards up, this place was originally taken by a Specs Reshiram in the BW 1 version of this team, so if you want to use it for BW 1 just slap Reshiram instead of Kyurem W. But without further rambling let me present you the part 1 of my Offense Core: what Kyurem W lures in, Ho-Oh can set up a sub on, and what ''counters'' Ho-Oh (though such a thing in the sun doesnt exist) gets demolished by Kyurem W, in the sand though, Arceus Rock is a problem, but the mono attacker set (which is the only one that actually gives me issues) is handled by either Foerretres or Groudon depending on it fourth move. Timid to outrun base 90s and speed tie with Rayquaza, moves are standard for maximum coverage and power.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 84 SDef / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Recover

Pokemon, EVs, Nature, Moves: The team this team was based on, and, along with the sixth poke, one of the greatest late game sweepers, and part 2 of my Offense core. A ho-Oh under sub and with permanent sun up and hazards, means gg more often than not, and there are so much things Ho-Oh can set up on its not even funny. This beast truly is more broken under sun than the entire Ubers metagame. The EVs are almost standard, 12 speed were taken from Atk just for the speed bump. Sacred Fire (which certainly is a destructive force under sun, sorry to repeat that so much) and Brave Bird for Dual STAB, while Sub for serious sweeping potential, and recover over Roost because i dont like getting hit by random Earthquakes.

Luna (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar
- Recover
- Judgment
- Flamethrower

Pokemon, EVs, Nature, Moves: i dont know if i created this EV spread, but im quite sure most of you are much more familiar with the Timid 252 HP/252 Spd/4 Def, well this spread is meant to wall non-Shadow Ball Mewtwo (which incidentally gets destroyed as well), the 80 SpA EVs clean OHKO 'two after rocks, and LO even after the CM, while the rest was put in HP and Defense. The reason why i call this GhostCeus a ridicoulus late-game sweeper is because once all hard hitters are weakened enough i just pres Roar repeteadly, until i need to recover, or judgement if i dont want to give my opponent death fodder, flamethreower is there for Forretress and Ferrothorn and do decent damage to EK arceus.​

So thats the team, when it comes to dangerous threats (not one i have to keep a pokemon for, ones that my whole team is threatened or i have to work around predicting):

Darkrai: to make it clear, sub Mono-attacker darkrai 6-0s me if they get ho-Oh asleep, if it doesnt have sub then i only have to sleep fodder something lol.

Choice Specs Kyogre: of course every team has weakness to this piece of crap that 2HKOs Palkia with a WATER MOVE HELLO?! i just felt the need to mention it as every ubers RMT should unless you have Chansey, Ludicolo GrassCeus and Gaastrodon in the same team.

Shaymin S: it shouldnt be aloud that pokemon can hax its way through its hard counters, which in this team is Ho-Oh, if it dies then i have to rely on GhostCeus and Palkia to do the job.

Ho-Oh: curiously i have a weakness to my own pokemon, i usually have to work around it getting it with toxic or T-Wave on the switch, or phazing it out continuously, which generally doesnt work due to Roost and regenerator.

A FINAL LOOK:

FUK its hot (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Roar

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Atk / 84 SDef / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Recover

Luna (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar
- Recover
- Judgment
- Flamethrower

Threat (Kyurem-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Fusion Flare

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, this is a pretty cool standard sun team, however, I think Kyurem-W is fairly out of place and you need something to check the horrible Ho-Oh weakness of your own.

I recommend replacing Kyurem-W with a Heatran, which gives you something to switch into dragons when stealth rock is up, to taunt and roar out giratina, which can wall ho-oh, and to most important, check non-eq ho-oh.

Heatran
move 1: Flamethrower
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Roar
move 4: Taunt
item: Leftovers
ability: Flash Fire
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 144 Sdef / 112 Spe

The EVs outspeed 4 speed Giratina so you can taunt, toxic, and outspeed its roar / dragon tail with your own. the most important thing is that taunt prevents rest and sleep talk though. Protect can be used over roar if you feel that blaziken is troubling, as it OHKOes everything at +2 and Protect can save your ass if it chooses to HJK Heatran (not exactly a check but it's better than playing a guessing game between Palkia and Ghost arceus).

I recommend going with a Bold nature on Forretress, with 56 Defense EVs taken out of SDef, allowing it to sponge Adamant LO Ekiller and +1 Outrages from Rayquaza better (the latter doesn't 2HKO) in the case of Groudon being weakened.

Ghost Arceus should move 16 Def EVs to Speed to outspeed base 90s and use Will-O-Wisp over Roar rather than having to suffer by getting smacked around by EKiller and only roaring it out.

Palkia's Hydro Pump in the sun is kind of worthless, I recommend replacing it with Sleep Talk for Darkrai and using Draco Meteor > Spacial Rend as that OHKOes Darkrai where Rend cannot.

Looks good otherwise, good luck.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Wow, only 1 post? now that made my day, im going for a suicide after this :[

I cant believe i bypassed sleep talk as a move over hydro pump, changing it now definetly, since i dont use hdro that much either way.

I think i forgot to mention i had already tried a lot of moves in GhostCeus, starting from the CM, trying TWave and WoW as well, but EK arceus is more than managable by forretress (especially with that spread you listed, im gonna test it when i have more time).

Heatran is something im gonna test, but honestly i dont like the water weakness it brings, since i have a lot of that already, if it ends up working more than kyurem then im using it. Im gonna upload all the changes in the weekend at once.

Thanks for the spreads overall :]

it looks like this team would have a lot of trouble with heatran
the only pokes that i see can actually do something to it or vulnerable to a sun boosted lava plume or flamethrower and groudon is risking a burn if lava plume

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do you deal with Scarf Modest Kyogre? After SR everything except Palkia is 2HKOed, and Palkia is 2HKOed by Thunder. Thunder Wave Kyogre seems troubling too, as it can T-Wave your main switch-ins, and 2HKO everything else. Choice Specs just murders everything but at least you can outspeed and dent it with Kyurem-W, Palkia, and Arceus-Ghost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)