the world through my lenses

Hi guys! Name's shaymin. I never thought I'd find anything artistic about myself to post here, but lately I've had the motivation to get into photography more and more, so I figured, "why not?". I've taken a tooooooooooon of pictures already, so I have a lot to show you guys! Without further ado, I hope you enjoy what I have to show. :o

I do want to advise the the images are pretty huge...so I'll be linking them instead of using image tags and whatnot. ;_;

Pinecones - Took this one today! I'm pleased with how it turned out...it's supposed to look like little life-forms on the ground roaming about in their giant nest. :P Fun stuff, huh?

The Moon - Took this one at the crack of dawn. My mother woke me up and told me that I had to take a picture of the moon, and hey, she wasn't wrong! It's one of the prettiest things out there in nature, so why not?

The Moon 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - These are essentially all different angles of the moon. I hope you guys like them! I apologize if the images are kinda grainy...it's what happens when your camera has a high ISO (light sensitivity) so it can shoot this kinda stuff better. I really think #5 was my best shot of it lol. #6 is also pretty good imo...provides a really interesting viewpoint of it.

Paintings - Here, I was testing the camera's zoom feature. I was in a hotel near me, all the way up the fifth floor, and these paintings were on the first floor. Pretty impressive stuff, isn't it? :o

Hotel view from the 5th floor - I find this one to be particularly impressive...never imagined it would be this pretty.

Flower 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - All of these are using special camera effects, or "filters" if you want to refer to them by that, LOL. Really pleased with how these came out. The only thing I really don't like is how there's bits and pieces of color everywhere, but eh. I guess you can say that kind of adds to how bleak and "color-drained" the environment looks, which is what I was going for, anyway.

So! I don't want to overwhelm you guys with too much on the OP. ^_^ What do you think! I'm really surprised given this is my first camera (It's a Sony HX400, by the way!), so I'm definitely going to pursue the passion of photography!

Last edited:

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As I told you before Shaymin I'm in love with the flowers pictures, but all your work is actually amazing.

There's more stuff, too!

So there's a pathway near me. I've always thought that particular area was pretty photogenic, so I took as much advantage as I can to produce the best quality photos possible!

Pathway 1, 2 - Admittedly, yeah, I know. #1 isn't really as impressive as #2 is. This is because at the time I took the first photo, I realize the lighting was pretty bad and so I fixed it and chose a different filter which resulted in #2.

Field - Just a really pretty field near me, is all. Also, in the spirit of Halloween, here's a fun version for you guys.

Some pretty flowers. Nothing too special, here.

For the following, do not click if you are afraid of bugs. Mostly because the following photos are pictures of a cicada that I somehow manage to stumble across while looking for things to take photos of. Good timing!

Cicada 1, 2, 3, 4. Neat stuff, right?

Speaking of bugs, I also managed to stumble across a dragonfly. For a beginner like myself, I had to take the chance!

Dragonfly 1, 2, 3 - I realize the background might be a bit distracting on the third photo, but thank goodness the second photo was shot with such absolute clarity and detail. n_n

Last edited:
I absolutely love your dragonfly photos, you have some really nice photography and I can't wait to see what else you have!

I'm stilll doing photography stuff! I'm just so busy (and not to mention I have to deal with sickness these days), that I don't have the time that I once did to take as many pictures. ;__; really sucks, huh? But here's one for funsies! I took this one actually quite a while ago, I just forgot to post it here, I guess. :o

Check it out! It has a pretty neat effect, and the one that I was going for was to make the building look miniature, in a way. :>

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Check it out! It has a pretty neat effect, and the one that I was going for was to make the building look miniature, in a way. :>
oh cool, I really like the tilt shift effect on photographs, can really turn certain sceneries on their heads when their implied size is essentially reversed. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Bummer ^_^! I have some more neat images to share, too!

Exhibit A - This isn't anything too special, really. Special perspective from one of the hotel floors that I was on. Took this one quite a while ago but apparently I forgot to post it...

Exhibit B - This is one of the decorations that I wanted to play around with and I figured I could get a good shot out of it. I understand the background is kinda awkward, but I'll make do with this.

Exhibit C - Hotel view from the 7th or 8th floor I think? Also did this with a special effect that made all of the chairs and stuff look like toys! :o

And here's a random picture of a leaf that I took I think when I first got my camera...

This angle is even better!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Exhibit A - This isn't anything too special, really. Special perspective from one of the hotel floors that I was on. Took this one quite a while ago but apparently I forgot to post it...
I chose to improve it a little.

But yeah, photos like that which are focused in the beginning and then fades out into an expansive background usually makes for great shots, so do continue taking 'em.

Nope nope, not letting this one die!

Here's kind of a blurry-esque picture of the moon. I know, I know, I could've done a better job...I don't own a tripod, and it's kinda hard to shot clearly when the moon is ridiculously high up in the sky (idr what time it was, but it was pretty late) and my hands keep shaking. :\

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Nope nope, not letting this one die!
My art thread is chilling on page 2 of this forum all the time, nothing to be ashamed of.

That said, that photo is clear enough to see the shading on all the craters close to its light horizon, so it's still a cool pic.

aww, thanks bummer ^_^

this is also another image that I took a while ago but somehow forgot to showcase it. it's basically the parking lot of some hotel near me, but I found a really good spot that I figure would make a good image, so there's that! :o

I have more fun stuff to show everyone! Just took a bunch of photos yesterday!

- Pink flower, with the soft light effect from the camera itself. Figured it'd be fitting so the photo would look fancier. :> Here's another version, though I don't think this one looks as good, really.

- Some big ol' vase thingies, I guess. Here's another shot of it, but it's equally as boring. :x And here's whats actually inside the giant bowls! ....Really not too exciting, right?

- Because I was super bored, I re-visited the same hotel near me that I took several shots of and took this shot and I gotta say....I'm really proud of how this turned out. This is a prettified close-up version of the painting itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)