Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2023 - Finals [Won by Team Spain]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel

Sheriff★
is a Past SCL Champion
The day has finally come, and although I wasn't part of the team this time, I can't describe how proud I am of the boys and how well deserved is this trophy for the Team Spain, especially those who have been chasing this dream for several years Malekith reiku SoulWind Trosko M Dragon Luispeikou Garay oak whom I have shared great moments, disappointments and unforgettable stories throughout the 7 years in which I was part of the team. All of you are the faithful reflection of victory for those of us who have also pursued that dream at some point and have not been able to fulfill it. I also don't want to forget the newest members of the team, who surely have provided the necessary freshness to finally reach the trophy.

VAMOS MI ESPAÑITA CAMPEONEEEESSSS LOLOLOOOOOOOOO

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
¡Enhorabuena España! Glad that you finally made it and to pass the trophy to another european country, i know how important the victory is for a nation-based team and this one was well overdue given the past success la Furia Roja had in wcop. Take the time to enjoy your victory, and congrats again !

Finally, it all came to an end.

In my country, there´s a saying, it claims that the second place is the most painfull, which I confirm as I write this post.

Fortunately, this pain is merely a necessary evil, as it does not come close to the happiness I had throughout this tournament, for being able to represent my continent and fight alongside my new friends.

To some, my dream, Team Europe´s dream, has died, but the truth is, for me, this is just the beginning, and for us, a new step forward, closer to the light at the end of the tunnel than ever before.

With that being said, there are many people I would like to congratulate and thank on this journey:

Firstly, congratulations to Team Spain, the only team responsible for my losses in this tournament, to which I bow down and thank the great experience. Their win is more than deserved and I look forward to battling them again next year.

Regarding everyone I have to thank, this list is so big, this post might not be finished today, but after all everyone has done for me, it would be disrespectful to not include these amazing people.

Ruft
I wouldn´t be here if Ruft had not invited me to the team. In a certain way, Ruft changed my life by giving me an opportunity to prove to the world that I deserve to be on this team; for that, I am eternally thankful.
He is also a great manager and a player that improved considerably throughout this journey. (even tho he choked using my team)

McMeghan
Roro is the ace of the team, he is withouth a doubt the most experienced player on our side and taught me a lot on this adventure. I am honored to be on his team and tremendously sorry for letting him down after such a great show he gave us in these later wcop rounds. I hope he can forgive me for my failure and I wish to fight alongside him again next year.

Lily
Lily is a player that surprised everyone in this tournament. She demonstrated being capable of much more than people expected from her and was clearly one of the top players from our team. I do believe pressure occasionally got to her, but she still managed to keep a great record despite a few losses in tiebreakers. She is very supportive when it comes to teambuilding and I thank her for all the advice she gave me throughout this tour.
(even tho I sometimes ignored it)

Eeveeto
Eeveeto is a heat player and an inspiration. He always managed to defy the current understanding of the metagame and build teams featuring heat mons and techs that were still incredibly successfull. I hope he keeps this element that makes him a unique presence in the team and that he can keep the heat wave coming.

Kushalos
Similarly to Eeveeto, Kush also brings creative teams and manages to show that the metagame is much deeper than it seems.
However, Kushalos´s main trait is his ability to overcome hard match-ups and hax, as demonstrated in his last game against Soulwind.
He certainly taught me to never forfeit. Good job Clutchalos.

Mana
Mana is certainly an interesting player, just like Kushalos, the ability to overcome hard match-ups was a great factor to his success.
I believe Mana could improve a lot if, just like me, he left his comfort zone more and experimented with different kinds of teams, because even tough a great skill level is demonstrated in his games, I feel like he got bad match-ups most of the time.

(Regardless, beating rain with a ceruledge team makes him the goat)

tlenit1
I honestly feel bad for tlenit. I feel like whenever he did play for us he got cteamed and didn´t get to reveal his true worth as a player.
Regardless, the teams he brought to the table generally seemed consistent and balanced when it came to teambuilding.
Very tactical and calm player.

ZoroDark
Zorodark was a very active presence in our team in the second round of the tournament and certainly contributed for our success by the way he supported us in testing and teambuilding. Unfortunately, as time went on, he became less active and was replaced by our substitute players. I hope he can come back stronger than ever next year and show more of what he has to offer.

TheFranklin
Franklin was the active team player I tested the most against, and was very supportive in the later rounds of the tournament. I thank him for his availability and for giving his best whenever he could, even tho his vacation hurt his skill level a bit judging by his last game.
He seemed very diverse in teambuilding and it was a pleasure to get to know him.

As for the Substitute Players that didn´t get to play.

Alhen
I owe you a lot in this tournament. You and Savouras were the people that supported me the most throughout Wcop in terms of testing teams and approach to battles. Withouth your support, I could never have beaten players like MichaelderBeste, I thank your incredible patience, letting me repeat 200 turn games over and over again as we explored different game paths.
The knowledge I gained testing against you will certainly stand the test of time, and so will our friendship on this website.

GoldCat
Not much to say, didn´t get to play, and never battled me, although he certainly helped other team members a lot in testing. I hope he is given a chance next year and that he can surprise us all with his quality of play.

Other Amazing Team Supporters:

Savouras
Sav was one of the first people on this website to recognise my strenght as a player. Since the beginning of this generation, he has helped me improve a ton, and I certainly wouldn´t have made it this far in the tour withouth his previously mentioned support. I hope he is allowed to play for Team Europe in the future, because once he joins, the trophy surely will be ours.

Leru
Larry did the "paperwork" for the team, but let me tell you, he did it well. All information about our opponents, meta trends, team recreations, it was all thanks to him. Even tho he did not fight in the "battlefield", he was still one of the hardest working members of the team and deserves his credit for that.

xavgb
It is funny how someone I was destined to play in a tiebreaker but never did, became one of our greatest allies after the UK´s elimination from the tournament. He is one of the best players in this tier, and his overall teambuilding contribution to the team definitively proves it. I think he shared as many pokepastes with our team as I have in my entire teambuilder, with the difference being that 2/3 of my teams are garbage and his are all high level ones. He also owned me in our mathematical competition to calculate what the odds of outplaying 8 sucker punches were. (nerd)

We Three Kings
Lasse was the funniest member of the team, he was definitively our "cheerleader" if we had to elect someone. I can´t count how many times we were 2 minutes away from playing a game and he said "Are you really sure about this team?" As if someone would change their mind 2 minutes away from a game even if someone pointed a gun at us. Seriously tho, he never missed any of our games and was constantly rooting for us.

Pohjis
Maybe I regret what I wrote about Lasse, because Pohjis sure gave him a fight in cheerleading. The big difference was that Lasse´s natural habitat is the team chat, while pohjis was the smogtours lobby room. I guess we have to count the votes from the entire team at deciding who was the best at this role. (Also we needed that "can you hurry up? I have to go walk my dog" miracle in finals).

TWiTT
1692575890258.png

Ye, uh, not much to say, Trubbish profile pick is based but Clodsire is still superior.

Other Individual Supporters

Finally, I would like to thank zReptar , MAVERICK SHOOTERS , Finchinator, El Quixana , Pinecoishot , SetsuSetsuna , Srn, Rubyblood, Storm Zone (and everyone else that supported me and I can´t remember because it´s 1 AM.)

Sincerely, thank you team for this amazing opportunity, and forgive me for roasting everyone after I just lost Wcop Finals, but let´s be real here, we have to share the pain.

I don´t really know how to conclude this post since my brain has stopped functioning properly ever since Tornadus revealed taunt, so here´s a picture of Clodsire to please Eeveeto:

1692577086445.png
The End

Last edited:

Alastor Law

The Black Parade
is a Past SPL Champion
Muchísimas felicidades a todo el equipo de España, que llevan persiguiendo este trofeo durante muchísimos años. La constancia y el esfuerzo que le habéis metido a este juego durante tantos años finalmente ha dado sus frutos, y os habéis coronado como campeones indiscutibles en el trofeo más ansiado por vosotros en particular y nuestra comunidad en general. Ahora a disfrutar del triunfo.

Un beso especial a mi niño Luispeikou que ha pasado con el tiempo de sub a titular del equipo, demostrando que para llegar aquí es fundamental practicar y no rendirse. También a SoulWind por consolidar su status de GOAT con el mejor trofeo de equipo que se puede conseguir, a reiku , Malekith y M Dragon por llevar trabajándose este trophy durante más de 10 años y al fin ver su trabajo recompensado, a London Beats (miniño), Garay oak y Trosko por ser ya unos veteranos que han dado muchísima solidez y wins al team, y a toda la nueva guardia que se la ha sacado para traer el torneo a casa.

Enhorabuena y a disfrutar del tan merecido trofeo chavales

Después de tantos años lo conseguisteis, sentíos orgullosos no solo de ganarlo si no de ver que tanta gente que ha pertenecido al equipo durante los años esté feliz de que lo hayáis ganado. Es bastante melancólico ver como gente que llevaría prácticamente 10 años sin entrar a smogon os felicita, y no es para menos. Felicidades chavales, en especial a Garay, verte ganar el tiebreak definitivo de la final de una Wcop después de compartir contigo tantos games en los inicios allá por 2015 es una pasada, sientete orgulloso de todo lo que has conseguido Jon, eres grande

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Congratulations to Spain! Especially Garay Oak and Malekith who was very solid run + important for TB . Spain were a very strong team in general anyway, combining experienced veterans with good potential young players.

Good run to Europe as well, lot of good surprises. McMeghan my goat really deserved it but mons is mons.

Looking forward to next year, see you later!

Last edited:
congratulations spain. you were due a wcop win given your incredible consistency and the core of the team smoothly adapting from one generation to the next. i know you especially desired this victory for a long long time, jaime. enjoy it to the fullest. extremely deserving victory.

to europe, i'm extremely proud of where you've all taken the team after i stepped away. i definitely made the right decision, thankfully. the combination of new and experienced players coming together for yet another great run was great to see. spain finally winning theirs must mean europe will do so in time as well, right? i don't doubt it personally. continue to love the game and the game will love you back.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Ok this Sunday has been a very hectic day, can't even know where to start. First of all, ggs to Europe and every other team we have faced, very exciting series.

As Spain co-captain I think I couldn't leave the tour without giving s/os, wether the result was.

I remember back in 2019 when I first got into competitive Pokemon, getting to know what Smogon was, that people used Discord, Spanish players... basically the staples of the community. Learning that this wasn't an isolated place, that people really hosted loads of tours and all that. I was told Team Spain was full of old disgusting people who refused to give an opportunity to new people. I believed that for three years or even more. Then after some talk with Malekith a few weeks before the tour, he joined a server with many Spanish users and after weeks organizing some live tours and conversations, he asked me, probably the worst player of the whole roster, to be the captain and giving many new players like Dasmer and Javi the opportunity to show themselves. Male was way more reaching and kind than most of the Spanish people who had been shitting on the team for years and years. This is an opportunity I never thought I was ever going to be offered. Gracias de todo corazón.

Now, starting 0-4 was a big hit. Specially since we knew we were not doing things wrong. We knew what to do and how to do it, but the game didn't want us to win. I don't know if there had been a previous winner with such a bad start, but the next seven games were more than enough to show that we were serious contenders for the title. Now that I see our progress, it's hard for me to see how we didn't win the previous World Cups

Of course, thanks to all the team for completely investing your time and effort in the tour. I'm sure we couldn't have made it if we had changed any single member. Even if he hasn't been on the roster, Guille has been a great presence for the team, helpind in the way he's been able to and cheering for us since the very beginning. Gracias, Guille. Gente como tú es la que hace que haya esperanzas de crear una gran comunidad hispana. Aquí me tienes esperando al #GuilleSlam2024.

I want to give shootouts to Trosko too. He's been the team member. I can't imagine a WCoP team without Trosko. You would check any channel in the team server and there he would be, either talking about the teams or giving a motivational speech. I'm so glad to have known such as hardworking person when around people he's comfortable with, and I'm glad I've been part of this dream we've achieved together. Eres una puta bestia. Desde preps hasta jugando pocas personas elegiría por encima tuya en todo el foro. Solo falta SCL para la triple corona.

reiku Verte jugar la worcla debería ser una asignatura obligatoria en los colegios en el futuro. Siempre clean y sin errores, qué gusto joder. Una pena no poder haber jugado el tiebreak. Ojalá sigas jugando muchísimos años más.

SoulWind para mí el único goat que existe eres tú. El mejor jugador a la hora de gameplan y analizar games de lejos. Y ya jugando qué decir. A por el Slam cojones.

Luispeikou Qué reconfortante es saber que una partida está ganada con sólo ver quién la juega. Tranquilidad pura y dura. Espero que volvamos xogar xuntos no futuro.

Garay oak London Beats Qué cracks que sois, pura dinamita. Equipazos de ensueño, techs inimaginables y padreadas en el chat por doquier. Qué bendición haberos tenido a ambos como jugador y capitán en el equipo.

Dasmer Ado Reze menudo puto debutazo histórico os habéis marcado, sois el futuro del equipo sin dudas. A por el doblete joder.

M Dragon sé que eres top jugadores y que hayas tenido un mal torneo no dice nada. El año que viene probablemente hagas 3-0 en pools y no te la pueda pelar más. Eres más que Fernando Alonso y vas a demostrar cómo se equivocan contigo.

Javi Kefky Qué buenos memes mandáis sois lo mejor. (Gracias por estar ayudando con las preps y estar atentos cuando más lo necesitábamos, sobre todo con los equipos e ideas. En 2024 se viene Zarude win.)

También quiero dar las gracias a todos los españoles que se han manifestado en este thread y todos los otros del torneo apoyándonos. Se nota lo increíble que era la comunidad española antiguamente y que todavía guardáis las amistades. Nombres que había escuchado y otros cuantos que no, todos reunidos por España. Sé que muchos de vosotros ni sabéis quién cojones soy, pero da igual, no tenéis que saberlo si no queréis. Yo seguiré acordándome de vosotros cada vez que recuerde este torneo y los meses que hemos luchado para lograrlo. Me parece increíble cómo con lo involucrados que estabais y con lo buenos que somos que el trofeo llegue en 2023, pero ha llegado y en parte ha sido gracias a vuestro gran apoyo.

Por supuesto, gracias a las comunidades de Español y Eventos por apoyarme en todo momento durante mi estadía en el foro, Discord y PS. Os tengo en el corazón para toda la vida, que no os quepa ninguna duda. Ha nacido un nuevo campeón de vuestra mano.

PS Nerds server, you have been my non-hispanic best friends here for a whole year. Thanks for all your support in literally everything I've done during the time we've been together.

Special thanks to big supporters like Igniizard and many other Bangladesh users, who has been very vocal on supporting Spain since the very beggining. Teams like Bangladesh are what we need more in the forums, united players that get along with the whole community and support each other. The rise of Bangladesh will probably encourage more small teams to try and make it to the main stage in the future. Good luck next year, I'm sure you'll make it to main stage again.

More special thanks to people like AtraX Madara, Tricking, 3d, Perish Song, Enzonana. and a lot more who I've been friends with since relatively not long ago but have showed me how kind and trustful some people can be if you give them the chance to. I really hope we keep in touch for years and years, as it should be. This is for BOLAS.

Amaranth and all those who have been hosting. Almost flawless tour. Ignoring the Spain vs West controversy (which we still have to talk about...), everything went smoothly and I wish you are the 2024 host. Great spreadsheets overall, no complaints and I hope they keep the quality over the years. Might be improved by adding the playoffs replays to the replays spreadsheet tho. Keep it up.

LORD SAGIS you might not know this, but that Natdex World Cup we managed together was my first tour as a manager. I kinda hated the hosts for making an UK+Spain team, but I couldn't be more happy now that I look back. You made me see how cooperation takes you to places you had never dreamt of before. After that I decided I wanted to manage many more tournaments, which is what led to me being chosen as Spain co-captain. So, for me, you are part of this. The trophy is for you too, my man.

Shootouts to those who maliciously thought and publicly said we were never going to make it. We did it :). And specially to that person who personally tried that I didn't make it. You all made the trip way more exciting by giving with another reason to fight for the win. You won't be forgotten either.

And of course, thanks to everyone who has supported us (or just individuals of the team) during these months. There are so many of you that I can't even remember each single person. Feel yourself included here if haven't tagged you luisin Livio ElTito Lets In The Sun Dybala jr Fakee pannu Ciro napoli Elian Wonter RoiDadadou and MANY MORE. VIVA ESPAÑAAAAA.

Last edited:
Bien jugado bastardos
Felicidades a mis niños Reiku y Trosko, al final , incluso en este juego, el esfuerzo acaba teniendo recompensa.
Male, conmigo fuiste un poco metemierda, pero te felicito a ti también, porq lo has buscado durante años sin rendirte y has unido a la comunidad española, tanto parece, que incluso los muertos reviven para verles.
Gary ok te has vuelto un jugador sólido, tus combates son los que mas me han gustado.
Y London , la mejor persona y mejor amigo que he conocido en esto de los pomekos, me alegro mucho por ti, aunq ya te he dicho que me pareces un poco cobarde por no jugar, estoy seguro de que has ayudado todo lo que tus estudios te lo han permitido, y ojalá verte jugar en la siguiente o en algún individual.
Y felicidades también a Dragon y a SW y al resto del equipo :tyke:
PD: soy handelsito

London Beats

is a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SCL Champion
UPL Champion
Well, what a jolly ride it has been, eh? Before we even get started on anything related to Team Spain and our escapades on this ascent, I must say, this has truly been the finest team experience I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. It's an absolute blessing that it culminated in such a jubilant ending. This lot, you see, has been nothing short of extraordinary – I mean, truly extraordinary.

Right from the moment we all gathered in our little chat corner, the camaraderie was positively effervescent. From the oldest to the youngest, our banter, chuckles, counsel, motivational remarks, and even a bit of mischief were sprinkled all across our chats. Over the years, our team has had a fair share of talent, but fate, it seems, decided that our zenith should coincide with the reign of East. But here in Spain, we have a saying: 'Where there's a will, there's a way.' And find it we did – it's sheer perseverance that defines Team Spain in all its glory.

A team that weathered the lowest of lows, evolved into the perennial challenger of the victor, endured the bitterest of losses in nail-biting tiebreakers and showdowns – a team that, thanks to these trials and tribulations, has been forged through years of steadfast toil. Sure, we've had our fair share of problems in times gone by – internal and external issues, both within the team and concerning our community. These very problems led me to step away for a good spell, a time when my faith in this tournament and Team Spain waned considerably.

But after the countless hurdles we've had to leap in preceding years, after so many players gave their all to bring us together, year after year of World Cup camaraderie, I can most certainly declare that it was all worth it. This azure trophy we now hold isn't merely a symbol of our efforts this year, but the culmination of a decade's worth of relentless toil. It represents the collective labor of all those who've stood shoulder to shoulder, contributing their energy and passion to the enduring legacy of Pokespain and Pokexperto.

Therefore, allow me to express my heartfelt gratitude to every soul that lent their support to Team Spain in any form. Whether it was cheering during our matches, rooting for our players, or employing any other means you deemed fit, I extend my sincerest thanks to you all. It's because of your unwavering backing that we stand here, victorious. I hope our endeavors have done justice to your faith, and in return, we've managed to kindle a spark of pride within each of you.

¿Que puedo decirte que no te haya dicho ya por privado? Nada. Pero quiero dejarte unas palabras que puedas leer siempre que vuelvas a este subforo y que te hagan sonreír. Nos conocemos desde hace más de 6 años, que viejos nos hemos vuelto, y al principio nos llevábamos bastante regular, pero poco a poco aprendí que eras una maravillosa persona y dejé de ser tan capullo como lo era. Siempre hemos estado ahí cuando el uno ha necesitado al otro, excepto esos años en los que desaparecí de la escena, y cuando volví la única razón que me mantuvo anclado a este juego, más que el propio cariño que le tengo a este, fuiste tú. Charlar de mons o de cualquier cosa, testear y buildear las techs locas que se nos ocurren desde Gardevoir, future sight alaska hasta magnezone-enamorus y samurott con tornadus, entre muchísimas otras que si me pusiera a escribir tendría que escribir dos posts en vez de uno. Creanme. Cuando volví te dije que lo que más me apetecía era crear nuevos recuerdos que pudiéramos rememorar cuando miráramos atrás y creo que no hay un mayor recuerdo que haber conseguido la hazaña histórica de ganar la primera wcup de España. Estoy absurdamente orgulloso de tu performance y quiero que lo sepas. Por todo esto y mucho más, enhorabuena Jon.

¡ES COMO FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, PUM HOSTIA CHOCKAZO COÑO! Alejandro, amigo, lo hicimos. Lo poco que queda del clan marioneta lo consiguió, tras años de sufrir y tras años de muchos problemas y trifulcas lo conseguimos. Ya sabes que te respeto muchísimo como player, siendo el único player que podemos denominar nuestro propio Bro fist. El trabajo que metes cada wcup es simplemente increíble, te esfuerzas en cada wcup es simplemente una locura, de verdad parece que es tu puto trabajo. Eres un currante en este juego y un excelente amigo, sabes valorar la situación siempre tanto fuera como dentro del game y eres un líder motivando a todo el equipo cuando está en lo más bajo o en cada momento importante.Sé y he visto lo mucho que has trabajado, lo mucho que te has esforzado para que llegue este día y lo mucho que has aportado a la escena española. Por todo ello, enhorabuena Alejandro, tengo que invitarte a lo que quieras la próxima vez que nos veamos.

EL MAZA, el sheet god de este tour, tus games siempre son increíbles reikon, 0 plays malas o sin sentido solo good stuff y a dominar a quien se te ponga por delante. Sé que te hubiese gustado que nuestra primera wcup hubiese sido contra east sufriendo y dándolo todo como antes, pero esta wcup es fruto del trabajazo que has puesto durante años, mucho antes de que trosko fuese siquiera un meme con el AV hoopa. Y bueno los últimos trozos que quedan del clan marioneta, gracias por ser el clutch factor definitivo, por ser un player con el que siempre se puede contar y sobre todo por ser un buen amigo. Enhorabuena Reik, te lo mereces.

Irónico que empezáramos odiándonos tras esa fatídica wcup y años después me dejes tu sillón. De verdad, que ambos nos encontrábamos en un momento complicado, yo estaba muy irascible por cosas y tu querías resultados. Llevas años siendo un buen líder bajo mis ojos y otra cosa no puede decirse pero si antes he dicho que la perseverancia es lo que hace a España, España; tú eres el pináculo de esta. Desde 2008 dando guerra, viendo como evolucionaba y crecía un equipo a través de los años, viendo como muchos amigos y compañeros lo dejaban tras perder eso que los impulsaba a seguir adelante, al igual que nuevas figuras nacían y eventualmente estas también terminaban apagándose. Podrías haberte rendido y unirte a ellas y nadie te lo hubiese echado en cara; pero no te has rendido jamás y has seguido adelante, contra viento y marea y desechando lo que dijesen las malas lenguas de la comunidad. Siento haber sido duro de más contigo y aunque creo que en lo que respecta a los pasados años siempre tendremos diferencias, creo de corazón que Team España no sería lo que es sin tí. Has sido nuestro jugador insignia todo el torneo y un líder. Por todo esto, Jaime, eres el que más se merece el trofeo azul en este foro. Enhorabuena y gracias por no rendirte.

Borja, sé que no ha sido el tour que te hubiese gustado tener, pero sigues siendo una de las piezas claves de Team España y si hemos llegado tan lejos es por tí también. Has trabajado como un poseso todos los años desde que tengo constancia y siempre intentando ser mejor y mejor, siempre estando ahí al pie del cañón cuando se te necesitaba, eres el player en el que todo el mundo piensa cuando España sale en cualquier conversación y merecidamente. Espero que consigas igualar y superar a ABR en tu carrera personal contra él, eres el goat de este foro y estoy seguro de que lo acabarás consiguiendo. Enhorabuena por este trofeo y gracias por no rendirte nunca, por muy duras que fuesen las derrotas a las puertas de Tie breaks siempre has estado ahí con hambre de conseguir nuevos píxeles.

Insignia histórica de nuestro equipo a lo largo de los años, la wcup no te ha tratado muy bien desde hace un par de años, siendo esta tu tour maldito, pero eres y siempre serás un player histórico de nuestro equipo. Codo con codo con Jaime y Borja, todos los años desde el inicio de esta larga aventura. De verdad creo que si hubiesen olds a este torneo podrías arreglar esos resultados de los últimos años; pero de momento tendrás que conformarte con intentar partir la pana la siguiente SPL en adv, gsc o en lo que te propongas, sé que puedes hacerlo. Enhorabuena por este trofeo Dragón.

Ye lo que hay, que buen rollo traes siempre y que buenas wins luis. Te has lucido este año, una pena que en la final tuvieses que perder para darle emoción. Muchas gracias por el buen rollo que le das al equipo y por tus games sin ti el chat y el equipo no sería lo que son. Enhorabuena luisinho.

Enhorabuena por ganar el trofeo en tu primer año, lucky charm ig. Has jugado muy buenos games sobretodo en fase de grupos y tu récord no refleja lo bueno que eres para nada sigue jugando así y los resultados vendrán eventualmente. Enhorabuena Dasmo, nos veremos otro año.

Otro que ha sido casi llegar y besar el santo, muy buena performance sigue así y seguro que conseguirás resultados similares, el único dondozo lover de nuestro equipo. Enhorabuena por el trofeo.

OLE OLE OLE LOS CARACOLES, buen rollo y trabajo en equipo es lo que te define javitu. Un gran compañero que espero tener en años venideros, gracias por el trabajo con los excell, los scouts y sobre todo las buenas vibes y la motivación que le has dado al equipo. Un grande donde los haya. Enhorabuena por el trofeo, te lo has ganado rey.

Mi co capi, no nos conocíamos antes del tour y la verdad una pena porque eres un tío bastante de puta madre, has trabajado mucho en la línea de combate con la comunidad española scouteando players, dando opiniones de estos, nutriendo con las traducciones, y probablemente mucho más de lo que no tengo ni idea. En el equipo otra rueda indispensable del buen rollo que se ha respirado estos 3 meses. Enhorabuena por este trophy, te lo mereces rey.

La verdad que no hemos hablado mucho pero siempre habéis estado en las horas en las que estaba bien durmiendo o ocupado, habéis aportado mucho al ambiente del equipo, sobretodo guille leakeando los equipos para que todo fuese más épico.

Dicho todo esto, tengo que agradecer a aquellos que ya no están en el equipo pero lo dieron todo en su día, espero que os vaya bien en todo lo que os propongáis y si volvéis seáis unas bestias Palmesote Rojovsred Alastor Law Jardem Poek Axel y a la comunidad de LA que convivió con nosotros tanto tiempo especialmente a Gondra y lycans.

Personal thanks to everyone who supported me privately, especially duckies, best group chat ever, Plato specially my beloved friend hyw, i really love you bro,Lunala for being there everytime i was anxious, Sylvi for being a wonderful human being, Fogbound Lake mind gaming for supporting Jon and me actively in the dex tour server, Aurella for cheerleading so much and offering your help.I hope I didn't forget to mention anyone. and if i do there are no malicious intentions. Thank you all for being there.

One of my favorite writers ever had a quote that is repeated throughout his saga, and personally i think it suits us fairly well, i did some modifications just not copy paste it all.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the SV age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose above the great Scorching land of Iberia. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

― Robert Jordan, The Path of Daggers

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations to Europe for the great tournament they did, it is very hard to lose in a tie break after such a long tournament but I am sure that if you continue the hard work you will get the reward you deserve.

For our part, we finally did it. We won the tournament that the whole Spanish community wanted all these years. Personally I have a "bittersweet" taste with this tournament because I am very happy for having finished 3-1 but without being able to bring any win in the playoffs, especially after my game with which we could have won without tie break. This last week I spent with real anxiety, especially after having lost just a few months ago the SPL final in the last game of the playoff. The thought of suffering the same outcome having lost myself was really tough, but the preparation of the rest of the team was exceptional.

I just want to thank the rest of the team members because it was probably the team in which we have been more comfortable, both for winning and during the day to day. Commitment, seriousness and humor perfectly balanced:

Malekith : Uno de los padres de la comunidad, del equipo y por ello el principal artífice de estar hoy aquí a pesar de haber sufrido críticas por el roster año tras año. A pesar de no haber tenido grandes actuaciones en la World Cup, este año demostraste ser uno de los mejores jugadores de la historia de España, sacaste el carro, jugadas impecables y victoria tras victoria. El jugador que más merecía este trofeo. Gracias por confiar en mi otro año más a pesar de que me dijeses que me tocaba retirarme hjsajsa.

M Dragon : Otro de los padres de la comunidad. Aunque no hayas tenido el mejor año siempre es un placer tener a uno de los mejores de la historia apoyando y aportando, sin duda otro de los que merecen el trofeo como el que más y me alegro mucho de haber podido aportar mi granito de arena para que lo consigas. GJ

Trosko : Sin duda el jugador que todo equipo necesita para alcanzar el éxito. Conocimiento del juego inmenso, todos los equipos del torneo revisados de forma exhausta y juego impecable cuando hacía falta. Seguramente seas la persona que más ha trabajado y tryhardeado en esto a lo largo de los años desde que vienes convocado y al fin tienes la recompensa, solo puedo darte las gracias y la enhorabuena por ello.

reiku : No sé que hay que decir del GOAT de la World Cup. Verte jugar cada año es un espectáculo, tanto por las builds que te atreves a sacar como por lo inmaculado de las jugadas. Gracias por unirte un año más a la escuadra.

Garay oak : A pesar de ser uno de los mejores jugadores del site ya antes de la World Cup, por fin pudiste sacar lo mejor de ti mismo en este torneo dándonos la primera win en R1 con el 0-4 y la última win del torneo en el Tie Break. Jugador histórico, te lo mereces sin duda alguna.

Ado Dasmer : Hago un llamamiento a todos los jugadores de Smogon que quieran ganar un torneo de equipo próximamente. Estos dos chavales son lo que todos los equipos buscan con una New Gen de jugadores: buenos y con ganas de demostrar cosas. Enhorabuena por vuestro torneo. Siento que Dasmer no haya ganado los games que mereció, pero conseguimos el premio. Enhorabuena.

Javi Reze Kefky : Siempre es complicado ser el sub del equipo, pocas oportunidades de jugar y hacerlo bien, pero habéis aportado mucho tanto en ambiente como en ayuda de preparación. Con Ado y Dasmer el futuro de España /menos Kefka que es viejo), keep the good work.

London Beats Dorron : Los capitanes. London decidió no jugar pero su conocimiento del juego también es increíble, sus builds con Garay son siempre un soplo de aire fresco y se demostró en el último game. A Dorron no le conocía pero es buen chaval aunque malísimo en LC. Hicimos historia siendo la primera selección en la que juegan ambos capitanes también (tb de r1). Gracias por partiros la cara por el equipo y por dar la cara cuando lo necesitamos. Enorme trabajo, enhorabuena también.

SoulWind : Ya te lo dije ayer, muchas gracias por todo este camino desde que nos conocimos en aquel Regional de Pokespain en el que casi revientas el ordenador por mi culpa, hasta completarlo con la World Cup. Me alegro de que por fin el mejor jugador de Smogon haya conseguido este trofeo y de haberlo hecho junto a él. Muchas gracias y enhorabuena, padre.

I also wanted to thank all the people who have supported us, like people as Guille who helped us a lot in the chat, like people from other teams like Igniizard and the former members of the team especially those who tried for so long like Colchonero Poek Axel and many others, without them this road would not have been done.

And finally thank you very much to the friends who always supported me: Zaos Shinigami Regnite Txerogross Alastor Law Tenmaru Gene Sp Real FV13 A13X and to all of you who feel identified. If you want to be added send me a Bizum.

Oh and finally the motto that we follow to the end:

"Play a game you can look back at without regrets"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)