The Workshop

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
requester: Arase (diegoblu, currently watching on my name change on forum)
for: upcoming Monotype Resource (its almost done im just getting it prepared and getting a banner for it)
name of the thread: Monotype Sets Compendium

art directory: since this is like a catalog of sets for all the viable mons we were thinking something along the lines of a dragonite looking at a catalog/piece of paper or whatever + iron valiant either behind the dragonite or in the side also looking at the thing with dragonite. the reason for these 2 mons is that they are the ones with the most sets, if they dont work together i can name other mons if needed. this is the idea but ill leave it up to the discretion of the artist in case they can think of something better or more doable
1699839850167.png

IMakeNoSense

hey it's that one guy who makes art
is a Pre-Contributor
Greetings, Workshop staff! I hope everyone is doing well in here. I'm posting to request art for Draft League's tournaments for the next calendar year as our circuit schedule just got published earlier today: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/draft-league-calendar-2024.3731066/

The dates for each tournament as well as each pokemon are listed in the OP of the thread above as well as an example of how we've gotten art to look in the past. We're hoping that an ambitious artist will want to knock out all of the art for our next calendar year in one big swipe (so that everything looks cohesive and of the same rough style) but totally understand if it's too tall a task for any one individual. Please drop me a line if there is confusion or if i can help in any way. Thank you for your time!
:cheem-pao:
Here’s what I got for the Winter Seasonal I! I didn’t really *quite* understand what was needed in the banner so I just drew Delibird and iBundle.

draftwinter.png
Untitled502_20231113083913.png

Last edited:

LpZ

capy
is a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Requester: LpZ
For: BW PU Thread
Art Direction: We would like an art with Beheeyem charging an attack in the back ready to aim on Zebstrika, Monferno and Vileplume as these 3 mons run for their life desperately, these are some of the mons that represent the tier the most. Preferably it would look even better if the background was just a grassy natural place at night.

IoSonoNeon

The Fallen King
is a Tutoris an Artistis a Tiering Contributor
Art Direction: We would like an art with Beheeyem charging an attack in the back ready to aim on Zebstrika, Monferno and Vileplume as these 3 mons run for their life desperately, these are some of the mons that represent the tier the most. Preferably it would look even better if the background was just a grassy natural place at night.
got the notif, taking this and then taking a break asap, cya :)

Reactions: LpZ

Rissoux

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributor
Draft Leader
Here’s what I got for the Winter Seasonal I! I didn’t really *quite* understand what was needed in the banner so I just drew Delibird and iBundle.
View attachment 570898
Is there any way to make the text a uniform font? It's currently a little hard to read. Should ideally say "Winter Seasonal" somewhere, preferably without the text overlapping if at all possible. Love the art itself so far, thanks a bunch!

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Heya folks! Just wanted to make a little note for Requesters (and I'll go ahead and update the op to reflect this), but going forward, when requesting, please make sure you now include a link to the thread you'd like art for before you post! This helps with keeping track of who's made what for who and helps with organization for The Workshop Archive! This can also help the artist get a general feel and mood for a thread they're making art for if they feel they could use more direction than what's immediately provided. Thank you, folks!

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
I feel it's been long enough to make this (hopefully) happen now:

Requester: Isaiah
For: Unofficial Metagames
Art Direction: basically just a banner to put in the main thread. This can go in just about any direction as long as it says "Unofficial Metagames" somewhere!

Reactions: cat
I feel it's been long enough to make this (hopefully) happen now:

Requester: Isaiah
For: Unofficial Metagames
Art Direction: basically just a banner to put in the main thread. This can go in just about any direction as long as it says "Unofficial Metagames" somewhere!
Done!
1022 sin título_20231120142449.png

For: ADV RU main thread banner
Art Direction: We want a remake of Abbey Road's album cover but instead of the guys from The Beatles crossing the road it would be Politoed, Magmar, Primeape and Banette, with "ADV RU" written on their left (behind them with our perspective), like it is part of the road.
Also finished this, but forgot to post it
1011 sin título_20231108125051.png

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Requester: a fairy
For: Draft League Hall of Fame [thread does not exist yet, waiting on the conclusion of a team tour before it gets posted]
Art Direction: If possible, a Slowking and a Galarian Slowking together holding up a trophy of some kind and looking happy or excited? Something along the lines of this Shutterstock image.

Requester: a fairy
For: Draft League Hall of Fame [thread does not exist yet, waiting on the conclusion of a team tour before it gets posted]
Art Direction: If possible, a Slowking and a Galarian Slowking together holding up a trophy of some kind and looking happy or excited? Something along the lines of this Shutterstock image.
claiming! sounds fun ^^ when does the team tour conclude so I know when to have it finished for you?

IoSonoNeon

The Fallen King
is a Tutoris an Artistis a Tiering Contributor
bw pu logo33-Recuperato copia6-Recuperato.png

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Requester: Merritt (Little Cup Subforum)
For: Little Cup Tournament Circuit 2024
Art Direction: This is mainly intended to be the primary piece for both the circuit as a whole but also as a tournament banner for about 3 other LC circuit tournaments. Only real request is that it features Little Cup pokemon that are around in Gen 9 (since previous gens don't feature much into the circuit) but if inspiration strikes around some old gen mons that's alright too.

Art for previous years in the hide below to give an idea of what we've had before:

credit grape tylenol

credit HotFuzzBall

credit HotFuzzBall

credit banned user

:nidoking: KB note: Please remember to provide a thread link when making a request! If the thread is not yet live, please share when you believe the thread will be made! Thank you!

Merr: thread does not exist yet, will exist after art is made (ideal date is early Jan per two post lower)

Last edited:
Requester: Merritt (Little Cup Subforum)
For: Little Cup Tournament Circuit 2024
Art Direction: This is mainly intended to be the primary piece for both the circuit as a whole but also as a tournament banner for about 3 other LC circuit tournaments. Only real request is that it features Little Cup pokemon that are around in Gen 9 (since previous gens don't feature much into the circuit) but if inspiration strikes around some old gen mons that's alright too.

Art for previous years in the hide below to give an idea of what we've had before:

credit grape tylenol

credit HotFuzzBall

credit HotFuzzBall

credit banned user
i can handle this, when does it need to be done by?

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Requester: Itchy (1v1 forum)
Tournament name: 1v1 2023 Circuit Championships
Projected Deadline (thread goes live): December 31st
Art Direction: I'd like for it to feature some DLC mons (current confirmed list) since that's the meta that's gonna be played then. Something like Primarina / Metagross + anything good in current meta would be a fine starting place (or, if you're comfortable waiting until after the DLC comes out to see what's good then, that's fine too)

Just wanted to ask for some art on an project, I was given permission by asuma to commence it.

Requester: matte (me!)
For: SV Overused, its for a secret santa project.
Art Direction: I'm pretty unsure on what I want, but I would say stick to OU tier mons, celebrating xmas around a tree (maybe its snowing too?) maybe they are having fun w each other or opening presents. Feel free to choose whatever mons, but kingambit as Santa would be cool :worrywhirl: .

I would need this done in about a week, i hope thats enough time.

I was hoping to ask IMakeNoSense to do it, i love your art style! (feel free to say no). Would you please grant my xmas wish :)

P.S. Other artists please pick it up if u want if they don't wanna :)

:nidoking: KB note: Please remember to provide a thread link when making a request! If the thread is not yet live, please share when you believe the thread will be made! Thank you!

^ The thread will be posted on 13/12.

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor
Just wanted to ask for some art on an project, I was given permission by asuma to commence it.

Art Direction: I'm pretty unsure on what I want, but I would say stick to OU tier mons, celebrating xmas around a tree (maybe its snowing too?) maybe they are having fun w each other or opening presents. Feel free to choose whatever mons, but kingambit as Santa would be cool :worrywhirl: .

I was hoping to ask IMakeNoSense to do it, i love your art style! (feel free to say no). Would you please grant my xmas wish :)

NO!!!!1! The AUDACITY to ask ME of all people. nah just kidding

Sure; I can do this!

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Requester: Kinesquared
For: Ubers UU tier resources (multiple)
Art Direction: I have a few requests, hopefully they could be completed by multiple artists if they have the time. No pressure to do more than one, just figured I'd throw them all here. All of the descriptions are just starting ideas, and you could totally throw them out if you have better ones:
1. Viability rankings - Magearna breaking the finish line of a race like this image, with stuff like spectrier and zamazenta behind it
2. Sample teams - A case with pokes engraved in stone/chiseled in wood like chess pieces, take a sample team from this thread.
3. Team bazaar- maybe something like this but with Ubers UU pokes (I'm thinking lando-I and sneasler, but could be whatever), as like a "teambuilding dating" thing.

If asking for three at a time isn't fair that's okay, I'll only request one. Ubers UU is still a new tier and we're actively building up our resources, so any contribution would be thanked and welcome!

Last edited:

IMakeNoSense

is a Pre-Contributor

^ The thread will be posted on 13/12.
Untitled551_20231211000215.png

Worked with them on getting the banner right, so even though it’s not *exactly* what they had asked it’s super similar and I’d say it’s still a job well done.

Anyway, Done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)