The Unfriendly Autumn Disconnect Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament

There has been so many DCs in the Official Autumn Friendly Competiton, so me and my mate Cybertron have decided to create a Competition to see who can get the fastest DC.

Rules:
Be honest.
If you DC, it doesn't count.
The battle timer has to start.
You must make a move before they disconnect.
Post the time the DC happened, not how many minutes it took. This means the higher the battle timer, the better.

Example: Tyler - DC at 27:00 Minutes

Leader:

~Golden Emp - 29:28

Participants
(with their best score):
Tyler -
Cybertron -
Feathers -
Superpokemon67 - 25:34
Eraddd -
Infinity.Cypher -
Showsni -
PungentFruit -
mattj -

Good tourny, will play. When I get home later tonight I expect infinite D/Cs. A lot of people D/C in the first minute when they realize my Chandy is faster than everything they have. Poor excuse for ragequit.

Had a pretty fast one, though I didn't take note of the time - got TR up turn one, I think, then turn two I KOed his double genies with Rock Slide + Heat Wave. Then the DC.

You all suck. Close Combat'd with my scarfrakion turn one, OHKOing another Terrakion.

D/C ocurred around 29:28

And that's D/C #73....AND I'M STILL AT 1500!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!

This is an amazing idea, but I think I've already won it. Which makes sense, considering the sheer, impressive number of DC's I've seen. (Tell me, is anyone as high as I am on the DC count?)

Anyway, someone DC'd the instant their Pokemon came out and they saw it wasn't a favorable matchup against my obvious incoming Trick Room. The clock read 29:57. Seriously.

Heck, I've had faster than that, if you want to count the 'pick your Pokemon' timer as a running clock! 1:28 remained on that clock when the DC happened. Heh.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
This is an amazing idea, but I think I've already won it. Which makes sense, considering the sheer, impressive number of DC's I've seen. (Tell me, is anyone as high as I am on the DC count?)

Anyway, someone DC'd the instant their Pokemon came out and they saw it wasn't a favorable matchup against my obvious incoming Trick Room. The clock read 29:57. Seriously.

Heck, I've had faster than that, if you want to count the 'pick your Pokemon' timer as a running clock! 1:28 remained on that clock when the DC happened. Heh.
Well, you didn't read the rules because you have to make a move before they DC.

Well, you didn't read the rules because you have to make a move before they DC.
Oh jeeze, you're right. I was paying most of my attention to the 'game timer has to start' rule. My bad! I know I've had more than one after-turn-one disconnect... But I didn't notice their times. So, ah well, since I don't know if I'll have any more matches today, I'll bow out of this fantastic tournament.

29:43

My archeops used F.Gem Acrobatics and killed her Jellicent in one hit. Insta ragequit

I find ragequitters funny though, Can't win, so they turn off the power and think to themselves it never happened. My autumn friendly score is 2014 right now, and the last 20 ppl i played DCd. I've been stuck on this score for like 2 hours.

And from what I hear, there are 2 problems with making a DC a loss,

1. They don't know which player disconnected
2. The servers aren't perfect. They can disconnect you IN BATTLE sometimes, and out of my 161 battles, maybe 10-15 i got DC'd before I won. You know YOU got dropped when you have to sign into wifi again.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, no. Stuff happens. It's Wi-Fi should have expected it. No more complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)