The Team That Started It All

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, nice team. I've got a few suggestions for you.

Roar is somewhat redundant on an offensive Heatran. Your Heatran is an offensive variant, and woul much prefer additional coverage over a support move. Besides, Snorlax is a great phazer, and you really don't need Heatran doing it as well. I suggest replacing Roar with Earth Power, which lets you hit opposing Heatran, which can pretty much switch in for free, otherwise.

On Gengar, Hypnosis really isn't needed. Its accuracy is terrible, and Amoonguss has a 100% accurate sleep move anyway, so it isn't needed. I think replacing it with Disable would really benefit you. Most Pokemon only carry one attack to hit Gengar with, and it can take advantage of that with Disable, and get a Substitute up. It also shuts down Choiced attackers, too. Try it out, you'll notice a difference. It also helps you destroy Gliscor, which walls TyraniBoah without Ice Beam, so that's a plus too.

Amoonguss is cool, but I think that if you want to use it to its best effect in OU, you should try out this Double Powder set:

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Nature: Calm
~ Spore
~ Stun Spore
~ Giga Drain
~ Hidden Power Ice

With two status moves, you can really screw over your opponent. Spore and Stun Spore will really destroy your opponent's momentum, even with things like Rotom-W / Scizor, which Amoonguss is supposed to mess up for you. With Specially Defensive EVs and its typing, Amoonguss can easily switch in on bulky Water-types, and then start doing its job. It can even live hits from things like Starmie. Hidden Power Ice hits other Grass-types, as well as Gliscor.

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped!

As always innovative team . Two Pokemon using a sleep move looks odd and i suggest you remove Gengar and change it to Latios to give you a gliscor counter . Or you may choose to run Starmie over amoongus and add Gliscor to beat Loom . These are just suggestions though

wow, I love this team.

So fun to play. I had a couple go's with it. Didn't fair too well. I than switched something up and have won 7 in a row now.
Gengar got dropped first for chandelure, worked ok, than dropped him for suicune. Gave me an ice move for dragons and gliscor, who can wreak havoc on this team(if gallade goes down). I went with a sub calm mind suicune with scald and ice beam.

I was thinking Starmie or Tentacruel for rapid spin support, with ice and water moves, but suicune seems to keep the momentum going really nicely. I could see starmie working well though :D

Also switched close combat for drain punch on Gallade, that made him pretty much the best lead I have ever used. Swept 3 times with just him so far.

Heatran got hidden power grass instead of ice, as it was silly having 3 pokes with ice attacks, he also was given earth power to help out with other heatrans who also can wreck this team if gallade dies.

Amoonguss has been amazing. I played a couple more battles still undefeated with this team btw, and made some adjustments to him. Grass Knot is so inconsistent power wise, I swapped it for giga drain. Hidden Power Ice, again was just overkill, so I figured if im gonna put someone to sleep I best take advantage, and added growth, once I use 1 of these between giga drain, and black sludge, unless someone hits me for a couple of super effectives this guy is going nowhere.

I love the t-tar.

I have yet to use the snorlax in all 7 battles, as the other pokes have wrecked everything that comes their way.

Oh so your the guy who had the heatran with the name skin cancer. Just wanted to tell u that the name kinda makes people well you know..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)