XY OU The Star of Hax [OU Team]

Hello everyone, this is my first RMT ever. Originally I made this team for the Mawile suspect reqs and I did get my 2700, but ever since the suspect test was over the team wasnt doing so well so I made a lot of changes to this updated version. And I would appreciate some help to improve upon this team. The "star" is Jirachi just saying :]
---------------------------
Team Preview

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

To start things off I bring you the star of the team :] Jirachi is my Lati and Gardevoir switch in and mostly any other fairy for this team. He also helps with Wish passing to my other team mates. The moveset is used to "hax" my opponent. And the speed investment is to outrun Adamant max speed Excadrill (275) only because I can use Body slam or Iron head as a last ditch to hax it lol. The speed is also enough to outrun Mega Heracross, Breloom, Smeargle etc.

--------------------------

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Trick Thunderbolt
- Psyshock Hidden Power [Fire]

Next is Latios. Not only is he my defogger but he also does dents teams (especially stall). I just trick the chansey, fairy, or any other special wall and it makes them pretty much useless. The scarf also prevents me from getting swept by DD Mega Zard x and possibly Dragonite. Then Psyshock doing its work to special walls, fighting types and poison types + stab. *EDIT* Added Life Orb with Thunderbolt to help beat Belly Drum Azumarill

------------------------

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

My ghost type Gengar. He prevents spins basically. I have him here basically to wall Mega Venusaur if I need to. Or shut down potential mons that could sweep me ex: Belly Drum Azumarill. I have been thinking of changing focus blast for sludge bomb however, I like doing damage to Tyranitar and Heatran, just as much to Azumarill. But like I said I could easily shut down Azumarill or anything that could sweep with Will-o-wisp. *EDIT* Added Taunt to help beat stall. I needed to change Gengar for Rotom-W. SD Mega Scizor is an issue for the team, but Rotom-W can check it. He can also cripple pokes just like Gengar and help around against Azumarill. I don't need Taunt Gengar to beat stall since Jirachi can handle a lot of pokemon that stall.

-----------------------

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire] Hidden Power [Ground]
- Taunt/Healing WIsh Calm Mind

I needed a fairy so I thought why not, I dont have a mega and this thing is op, so hey its a win win for me. I can't decide whether I should use taunt or healing wish. I mean the only purpose for healing wish would probably be to heal my Jirachi or Landorus-T. Taunt would be used to shut down stall teams. Either one would be good though. And obviously Mega Gardevoir does what it does. Basically kill anything in its path before death. *EDIT* Added Calm Mind to Gardevoir to give her the sheer force power that she needs. Also Hidden Power Ground to take care of Heatran for me or even Scarf Magnezone if I get it on the switch-in

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off U-Turn

This is my physical wall, and my Zard X initial switch in. He's got my rocks and hes used to wall, and break items. Landorus is my number one switch in for physical sweepers as this guy is a tank. If I need to restore HP, I can go back to my Jirachi to wish pass to him. Landorus is landorus and it does what it needs to for me to get my rocks up, which are pretty important for my team. *EDIT* Added U-Turn over knock off, because it helps give offensive momentum/pressure for my team

-----------------------------

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

My last pokemon is Terrakion! I put him here as my filler mon basically. He's here to kill any possible threat to my team such as Weavile or Bisharp. I use this to take care of Zard y, or sometimes Zard x as well as Tyranitar, Gyarados, Pinsir, Talonflame, Dragonite and Thundurus. I know that Terrakion cant take 'em all but it sure puts a dent through Hyper offense teams.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

dEnIsSsS

'scuse me while i kiss this guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! You have a pretty cool team, and I would like to give you some suggestions that you should try.

Gengar: You shouldn't use Gengar as a spinblocker since it can't take Iron Head or Mold Breaker Earthquake from Excadrill, and Psyshock from Starmie, and it is impossible to prevent hazard removal thanks to Defog. It can't check Belly Drum Azumarill as well (Aqua Jet OHKOs after a boost). Although Focus Blast is nice against Tyranitar and Heatran, I think Taunt is the superior choice here, since it won't allow defensive threats like Clefable, Chansey or Mega Venusaur from using healing moves or Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. Will-O-Wisp is enough for crippling Tyranitar. Landorus-T should be your main Excadrill switch in, and if your opponent decides to use Rapid Spin, Landorus-T bulk + Intimidate allows it to lay Stealth Rock over and over again.

Latios: you should run a Life Orb set with Thunderbolt, so you can check Belly Drum Azumarill (you entire team is OHKOd by +6 Aqua Jet except for Jirachi and Latios). As long as Latios manages to kill or at least force Azumarill to switch out after it already boosted, you will be fine (it is impossible to set up Belly Drum twice lol). Scarf Terrakion can still revenge kill stuff, and Jirachi and Gengar are very capable of dealing with Fairy types, so you don't have to worry so much about losing your Scarf here.

Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Thunderbolt vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 309-364 (84.8 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 191-225 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You should save your Latios for Azumarill until your opponent finally reveals his set.

Gardevoir: Did you ever tried a Calm Mind set? It acts as an amazing stall/wallbreaker, even better than the Taunt set, because it will allow Gardevoir to OHKO many threats that would be impossible to do without any boost. The extra Special Defense helps against Special attacking threats such as Keldeo or Mega Manectric trying to hurt you. Although Healing Wish is nice, Gardevoir is your mega evolution, so you should focus on her destructive capabilities.

Landorus-T: U-Turn over Knock Off would be a cool thing because Intimidate + nice defensive typing forces a lot of switches, and sometimes you can bring Gardevoir (your strongest Pokemon and your main win condition) for free.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast Taunt

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Trick Thunderbolt
- Psyshock / Surf / Recover

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off U-Turn

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Taunt/Healing Wish Calm Mind

Thanks for the suggestions, I do like the idea of putting U-turn on Landorus-T, since it gives me a lot more offensive momentum. I'll definately try out these sets!
*UPDATE*
-Added Life Orb to Latios with Thunderbolt (Helps with Belly Drum Azumarill)
-Replaced Knock Off on Landorus-T for U-Turn ( Offensive momentum is a lil bit nicer than knocking off items
-Hidden Power Ground over Fire on Mega Gardevoir to help again Heatran and possibly Scarf Magnezone (getting it on the switch)
-Taunt over Focus Blast on Gengar (It works against stall)

Last edited:

dEnIsSsS

'scuse me while i kiss this guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
oh damnit, I just noticed that you are very weak to Mega Scizor! It can use Jirachi, Landorus-T and Terrakion as set up baits. Once it gets a Swords Dance boost there is no way to stop it. Maybe you should consider Physically Defensive Rotom-w over Gengar, then you won't need to use Thunderbolt on Latios to check Belly Drum Azumarill either. Jirachi can handle threats such as Chansey, Clefable and Venusaur, so maybe you don't need Gengar that much. Rotom-w can also spread annoying burns everywhere too.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Yeah I just realized that lol, I'm going to use Rotom-W since its another pokemon that gives me offensive momentum with the volt switch!
*UPDATE*
Replaced Gengar for Rotom-W (Mega Scizor problems and basically does the same thing as Gengar by crippling my opponents pokemon)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)