ORAS UU The Seer & Companions [Bulky Offense]

Introduction

Hello! This will be a team built around Uxie, not used in UU often, but a very viable pokemon in the tier. I believe this team is actually relatively simple to use and hopefully people will have fun using it. =]

The Team

the seer (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Uxie is a reliable stealth rocker because of its bulk that is almost comprable to Cresselia. Some examples of Pokemon that it can reliably stealth rock on would be Mega Aggron, defensive Swampert, choice-locked Heracross and Mienshao, but you have to be wary of Knock Off and U-turn.
Psychic is Uxie's stab move. U-turn gives momentum to the team.
Thunder Wave can use used on fast threats and setup sweepers.

Some notable calcs to prove Uxie's immense bulk. Uxie can also take a hit and T-Wave scarfers if needed.
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Uxie: 204-244 (57.7 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Uxie: 266-314 (75.3 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Uxie: 230-272 (65.1 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Uxie: 204-240 (57.7 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

the maiden faye (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Florges is a good switch-in to many dark and bug that Uxie is weak against, hence it is a good partner.
The calm mind set gives the team a win condition against tankier pokemon (that is not called Suicune/Cresselia/Reuniclus) once Florges's counters have been eliminated/weakened. Aromatherapy is good for curing the team of status, especially so for this team. I'll explain this further down.

the king (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

The King. He can be switched in Steel type attacks Florges is weak to and Fairies like Sylveon (even though specs Hyper Voice will still do a lot) and proceed to cause headaches for the opposing team. Uxie is also a good Entei partner due to Levitate negating Ground type moves. Sacred Fire will 2HKO almost anything that doesn't resist it and can spread burns. Burns, along with stealth rocks up, can prove to be a massive problem even for Pokemon that resist Sacred Fire. Extreme Speed is useful for late-game cleaning against things like Mega Beedrill and weakened scarfed Pokemon.

the musketeer (Cobalion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Toxic

Another Pokemon that pairs well with Uxie due to Dark resist + Justified and also Florges for its Poison immunity. I chose a Life Orb for more firepower to possibly OHKO specs Sylveon and weakened defensive variants, otherwise Sylveon might be able to tank an Iron Head and retaliate with Hyper Voice for massive damage. With an SD boost, the musketeer will be dishing out massive damage to Foretress and even Suicune.

The 4th move, Toxic, isn't standard but I believe it's extremely good for this team.
Without Toxic, tankier pokemon such as Slowking, Alomomola, Cresselia that are good switch-ins to Cobalion will become a huge pain as the team doesn't have much for them. The same can also be said for Gyarados, as this set lacks Volt Switch/Stone Edge. The best bet is to Toxic on the predicted switch-in. As I mentioned earlier, Aromatherapy from Florges is very good as if need be, Cobalion might need to take a Thunder-Wave/Scald from Cresselia/Slowking to get a Toxic off.

the big squirt (Blastoise) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

As I have a rocks weak Pokemon in Entei, I feel a spinner would be good for this team. Blastoise also acts as a decent switch-in to Water attacks directed at Entei and has good offensive presence. Scald is primary STAB. I chose Dark Pulse over Aura Sphere because Reuniclus would be a problem for the team if it gets too many Calm Mind Boosts. Ice Beam is used over Aura Sphere since I don't have any Ice coverage, which is always good to have.

the hydra (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

The team's scarfer. Mainly used to clean late-game or pick off faster offensive threats like Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill. Can also be used to switch in on things like Chandelure which Uxie is weak to. Also has Levitate so opponents will think twice before clicking that Ground move. Be wary about using Hydreigon's STAB moves if the opponent has a Fairy type in their team as this set lacks Flash Cannon and gets completely walled by Fairies.

Threatlist

I would say that this team would be near perfect if this didn't exist in the tier. This team has nothing to hit Suicune hard bar Cobalion at +2 ATK, pray Entei gets a burn on the switch-in and that rocks are up.

Less of an issue compared to Suicune since Entei, Blastoise & Hydreigon can check it provided it doesn't obtain too many Calm Mind boosts.

Lastly, volt-turn teams can be a nuisance. If need be, have Uxie tank a hit and get up rocks to stop them since most volt-turn teams consist of rock-weak Pokemon like Rotom-Heat, Mega Beedrill, Darmanitan.

Conclusion

Despite the team's weaknesses, it has worked well for me on the UU ladder. I believe besides matchups, it also depends how you play. If anyone is interested, this is my peak, I think.

Hope you guys enjoyed this RMT! =]

Reactions: Sun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)