The Red Team (OU)

Introduction:
Hey whats up guys! This is my first Smogon thread and my first Standard Overused team and so far it has been doing pretty well. To be honest I'm proud of them. Later on in the thread I will show the synergy and talk about the weakness. So without further ado I present to you the RED TEAM.

THE RED TEAM

Leviathan: The Dragon Dancer
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant with Leftovers (Intimidate)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Outrage
- Waterfall

Okay so the first thing you are going to say is why teach Gyarados outrage dude!? Well for starters OUTRAGE is BEAST. You know those lead Salamences, Flygons, and Kingdras that think they can take me down? They can't. Then of course I get walled out by some annyoing steel type as they Swords Dance or just do their thing. Thats okay though because I have a scarfed heatran and they have a fainted Salamence/Kingdra/Flygon.
So in the end I guess it all works out. But then again I love opinions.

(He has red...circles?)
Blue Bear:
The Xplosive Wall
252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy with Leftovers (Levitate)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Hypnosis

Okay Blue Bear is red. He has two red 'balls" on the very bottom of his bell. I know someone is going to say dude... Blue Bear is blue, well yes he is blue but he has some red on him. Okay your right he is kinda blue so I think just to maintain consistency with the Red Theme we should find something to replace him with.
Now for his moveset, actually its an it not a he or she sorry. Stealth Rock is always good and I'm pretty sure Blue Bear can take two or three hits from pretty much anything without Fireblast. So if blue bear is about to die I will go for the Hypnosis and or explosion. Blue Bear also has a knack for just RAPING Gengar's. Like Gengars cant do anything when it comes to Blue Bear. He also destroys anything fast. Thats why I love it. Wow I keep calling it a he or she, forgive me.
Well I might want to put earthquake in there or something but I like Gyro Ball better and most people expect the earthquake and switch out anyways so I just go for a hypnosis. Gosh I just rambled... sorry.

Big Red: The Revenge Killer/Xplosive
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive with Choice Scarf (Flash Fire)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse

Okay so Big Red is a vital part of my team for he is the DRAGON KILLER along with Levitathan except he does his job better as long as the dragon doesnt decide to Dragon Dance twice. I hate those dragon dancers :( Okay well so Heatran is a perfect counter so many things such as Breloom Scizor Tyranitar. A simple flamethrower or earthpower ususually kills them in one hit. It is also nice to switch in on fire moves and get that extra 50% boost from flashfire and then when they are expecting the flamethrower to use another moves such as dragon pulse on a salamence.

Fear: The Special Wall/Sweeper
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm with Leftovers (Levitate)
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Gosh Fear is a beast. One Pokemon that gives Fear hell is obviously Blissey. Most of the time whenever I pull Fear out they pull out their Weaville or Lucario so I just Dragon Pulse and heheh Weaville usually gets owned or I just switch out and BP that weakened Weaville. I don't know if there is anything to really change here.

Hassamu: The Bullet Sweeper
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant with Life Orb (Technician)
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Scizor is SOOOOOOOOO overused because he is so FREAKIN good. After a swords dance or two BP with Life Orb just rapes anything in its way and then there is ROOST for sustainability. Most of the time I never get to use my Scizor except for Revenge killing and sweeping at the very very very end of the match once all my opponents walls are dead and gone. To be honest we could probably take this pokemon out because he just sits until the very end of the match.

MeanGhost: Xplosive/Fighting Wall
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid with Black Sludge (Levitate)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Gosh where so I start? Someone explodes I switch to gengar. Someone machpunches/close combats I switch to Gengar. Shadow Ball is for that nasty stab, while fighting type moves practically destroy everything. T-tar, or anything that doesnt resist fighting really cannot take a 130 base special defense focus blast. Gyarados has been pretty annoying so thats why I picked thunderbolt over gengars hidden power ice. I think this set is pretty solid. I might be able to trade Black Sludge with Life Orb, but who knows?

Team Building

Okay so I wanted to base my team around Gyarados because Gyarados is such a BEAST and a great lead with access to taunt. Then after one or two DD's nobody can thunder wave/hypnosis meeee! Yippeeee! So here is Gyarados!

Of course people are going to switch in on an electric pokemon or maybe they have Jolteon or Zapdos as their lead so I need a Special wall... The choice was between Blissey and Latias... Okay so Latias can take a hit and then Counter because she is resistant to electricity and blissey is just plain gay. Plus Latias is RED. So I went with Latias.

Okay now of course people are going to try and ice me down so I can go back to gyarados and open a can of whoop ass but there is that chance that gyarados died as my lead so i needed a back up. What better wall then BRONZONG(yes I know hes blue STFU). Bronzong is fat so he doesnt move like Latias and Gyarados.

Now Bronzong pretty much rapes Weaville and all those fast counters that think they can take on my latias so I'm pretty much free to Gyro Ball for some damage/Hypnosis for some sleep/Stealth Rock for lots of damage throughout the match. Now..Bronzong gets raped by fire yes? So what other pokemon besides HEATRAN.

Okay so Heatran doesn't move either but he is fast don't get me wrong. Actually now that I think about it my heatran is a girl... okay she moves fast she just doesnt have a movie sprite thingy.
Okay I need a Sweeper/Revenge Killer.. duh Scizor plus hes red. Big fucking surprise.

Okay now..who the hell besides Latias and Gyarados is going to sheild me from those fighting Pokemon! :( DUH GENGAR OR DUSKNOIR... but who is more RED? HELL YES GENGAR.

Countering with types

Electricity: Bronzong Latias
Fire: Gyarados Latias Heatran
Fighting: Gyarados Latias Bronzong Gengar
Ground: Gyarados Bronzong Latias Gengar
Ice: Gyarados Bronzong Heatran

Gosh. Raped.

Oh I love criticism just don't criticize my pokemon colors :( :heart:
sorry for typos

Ok, after your opponent's Gyarados gets a DD, you're pretty much swept. This not only applies to Gyarados but also DDMence, who you have no way of stopping after it gets +1 speed. To remedy this, simply throw a Scarf onto Gengar or Latias. Then you have a check against Gyarados and Salamence, the two biggest threats in the Metagame.

Has your gyrados ever been locked to outrage when a skarmory, magnazone, metagross, or even bulky rotom has switched in? Ouch.

I'd drop Outrage for either Earthquake or Stone Edge. Outrage is a really bad move on Gyarados as Stone Edge can take care of Salamence and Dragonite just as easily.

-Jen

Yea... dont use outrage. Outrage and you're just inviting an opposing skarm/forretress to set up a few layers of spikes or an electric type to fry you with thunderbolt while you're trapped.

I like Stone Edge and all but I hate the accuracy. Oh and for the Skarmory I just Taunt.
But I do think your right I am going to switch Outrage for Earthquake.

Er...why? What can you kill with EQ that you can't with Waterfall? Empoleon, Magnezone, Metagross. Heatran kills Magnezone and Metagross, so Empoleon is the only thing Eq pulls its weight against. Meanwhile, Gyarados and Salamence, as well as Zapdos, completely wall you to death. Despite the inferior accuracy, Stone Edge is the better option, don't you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)