The No Johns Tournament II - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
less than a day until the deadline. if your match isn't done please please please make sure to post here explaining your activity situation or send vms to your opponent to show you're active. hopefully the last few matches can get done during the tour tomorrow because i don't want to extend the deadline into the weekend

my good friend marshall.law and i have found it difficult to get together during a weekday. it would be awesome if we could get it extended to saturday, and if so, im sure we can get it done.

Alice

The worst taste in music
Activity, still no answer from HBK (I vm'd him as soon as I saw this thread...)

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
We settled a date to play today and if one of us john's, he'll let the win to the other one !

pokebasket didn't respond to my first VM, sent another one, hopefully we can play during tour time tonight.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Wtf deadline is tonight? Okay then I will try to be online at 6pm tonight. I get off work at 5pm and have the avengers with my boyfriend at 8pm

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Well, deadline is tonight and whitequeen is once more busy, so we couldnt get this done before the deadline. Im not available this weekend, so i dont know if you're going to give an extension, but i wont be able to play.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Can you show up at 6pm est tonight? If somehow i am unable to show up, then you can take the activity win. I am free tomorrow for sure though

I still haven't received a reply from my opponent.
My VM in Limitless profile:
May 2nd, 2012 7:44:59 PM
[K-12] The Madchine
Tomorrow or Friday at my night (GMT+1).
No, no Limitless. I´m sorry, but it is a lie. I answered you two days ago.
The last night I connected to play and didn´t see you. So you don´t say it in order that they should give you default.
The true is: I have answered you, but you haven´t answered me.
Activity post. This night (MY night) I´ll see you.

One more time, I VMed Badabing when he was online, 20 min after he deconnected him, without reply.

(Btw he told me to do like it to contact him, no precise hour)

One more time, I VMed Badabing when he was online, 20 min after he deconnected him, without reply.

(Btw he told me to do like it to contact him, no precise hour)
we arranged a time to play 6 pm - 7pm est today and i expect u to be there. plz spare me this activity bs lmao..

Requesting an extension until Saturday, me and lefties have a Timezone difference and during the week I've been busy with school n shit.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Lost Game 1 to extremely bad match-up, i just forfeited turn 3. We did 2 other matchs with other teams that i have won both but finally decide to let him pass because of his FairPlay for having accepting rematches, gl!

That was interesting. I had no idea how to handle that.

Nelson and I played and I had an insanely helpful matchup. For the first time in my life (or so it felt) I was on the right side of BW's team matchup BS, to the point where he almost thought I had counterteamed. (I didn't.) So I won that one via forfeit after a bit.

To make a long story short, he asked for a rematch because of the awful matchup. I was really hesitant about taking it, because I wanted my win - but he offered that he would have to win 2 straight. Due to a Pokemon I absolutely cannot stand on one too many of my teams, he did win two straight. At the end of the second, he told me that I should probably take the win because asking for a rematch wasn't fair. This put me in a weird position. If I take the win, I feel like a jerk because I did just lose 2 of 3. If I don't take the win, I regret (for the third time) accepting rematches off of bad matchups or hax.

If he had not offered me the win at the end, I would have cleanly given it to him (with much regret in my heart) but since he offered it to me (and confirmed that in this tourney thread) I'm taking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)