NFE The NFE Open - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Art by MiniArchitect

Welcome to the NFE Open!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations.
  • OM Grand Slam VIII information.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the NFE ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found on Smogon's strategy dex.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • S/V cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are required.
Round 4

Quantum Tesseract  vs  abriel
Greybaum  vs  blinkboy
5Dots  vs  OranBerryBlissey10
PandaDoux  vs  Haffling
SpaceSpeakers  vs  Akashi
Shing  vs  Fc

The deadline is Sunday, April 16 @ 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Last edited:
Won in 2 against FC, ggs, and thanks for using my teams throughout this tournament
G1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9nfe-687642
G2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9nfe-687646 (Yes I lost this game if I lost that speed tie since I played Rested Drakloak pretty wrong)

https://pokepast.es/83cc3059a5f5423e G1 Team
Putting a new take on pivot teams, but this team I tried with Eel + Boots Drakloak as Drakloak can bypass Misdreavus and Gabite's Sub while having key tools to also outspeed everyone else besides Sneasel. My inspiration for making this came from Raboot and Frogadier hit and run playstyles were annoying and they were difficult to punish and their checks/counters are very obvious and easy to exploit. Also, the calcs Drakloak did on boots Frogadier are very epic.
252 SpA Drakloak Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Frogadier: 205-243 (82.3 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Copied
Sub Drakloak also is for Sucker Punch Raboot btw.
The others are rather straightforward. I don't believe in Leed Seed due to Dartrix's existence so Toxic was an easy replacement. 32 Def EVs helps you take against Body Press from Naclstack, Calc that. Eel is mostly physdef once I realized it can tank both Raboot and Frogadier's hits pretty easily at the same time. Scarf Tinkatuff is a very uncommon set where I believe I'm the only one that would use it, but I found it very detrimental to cover my holes when I was thinking about the interactions. E.G would annoy the mons that tried to sub on Eel, or setup them up and punish them really hard, which would help Drakloak clean up. I also felt a little weak against Pawn, Sneasel, and the Dragons. Tinkatuff was just perfect to cover these weaknesses.

https://pokepast.es/17183ca1e764a0d1 G2 Team
To be honest, the only reason why I decided to pull Snorunt out was that FC was the Ubers Leader and they banned Moody not too long ago. I felt like it was an appropriate time to give an Ubers player some PTSD.
I don't usually post analysis on my replay, but I have to point out I could have made some key moves that could potentially let me sweep their team. In Turn 16 using Protect there was pretty dumb because I tried to preserve health and fish for boost, but I could have simply attacked there which would give me a good spot if I screwed up later on. T17 is where I should have Protected because I could have avoided the DTail interaction and their next best move was Night Shade or hoping for me to miss the move. I genuinely think that's where I could have won my game if I didn't click like a dumbass lol.
Anyway, the goal to get Snorunt working is being hyper-focused on getting rid of Tinkatuff, and finding ways to play around Mareanie, Quaxwell, and the opposing Hazard mons. Magnemite is a mon I've spoken about before, and it applies the same thing here. What's important here is that you want to paralyze Tinkatuff, where you can pivot and clean out the hazards, and even if you're getting paralyzed by it you'll outspeed Tinkatuff unless they're really that fast lol with Dartrix. The goal in that scenario is simply to get rid of Stealth Rock and Tinkatuff at the same time. My team is extremely focused on keeping control of the hazards(only accept spikes on your field) building some defensive cores and checks against everything else that Snorunt may be unable to revenge kill or if you screw up like what I did. Tbh, I think I took the hazard aspect way too much and overextended my part. So Snorunt teams could be optimized as long you're trying to build with a straight gameplan, which I didn't do well as I tried to cover every single imaginable option, which wouldn't be good if you did that in a team tournament btw.

Huge S/O to SetsuSetsuna for Snorunt inspiration. Very glad you came and took some time to play the tier and make that Snorunt post. Wouldn't have built this without you :blobuwu:

Act
Opp missed the scheduled time 36 mins ago
im not sure how i missed the scheduled time when i was on the whole time, while you had your pms blocked and you were watching another game the entire time and didnt bother to check until i told you to? and all of a sudden you have to go to sleep? i told you my ign and i waited until you came on and there was no response until i had to @ you in oms chat to unblock them.

requesting an extension or im just calling act. complete waste of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)