The Next Best Thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this but Hilarious's set is the only one that could actually work in a battle...

Vote for Hilarious ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
well i'll have to vote for myself hilarious, just for because i want to win and my posts still stand unchallenged and justified
Cause set submission has died off. And I'd probably forget tomorrow.
but mazz the reason i asked why you ended it early was because it was like you ended it just after i made my post so it didn't give people a chance to reply. that's all, i didn't mean to bother you

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Lol, I'm pretty sure we're not.

nah i read the op you're only not to vote for yourself for the battle of the week thread

there is no reason not to vote for yourself except "lets pretend to be nice and humble" which i am so far from its pointless to try and lie and pretend. because you're supposed to be voting for the set you think is best and i already outlined my reasoning.

Ok, so as Mazz asked me to take this over for him, I'm not counting pifs vote for himself because he's chinese idk if i'm actually allowed to do that

so that means our winner is dingbat. Our next victim will be Chandelure!

<---- April Fools Day Sprite cause i'm not mainstream and shit
Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 228 SAtk / 100 Spd / 176 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

When 145 Special Attack isn't enough, why not add a SpA stat booster with almost Unresisted Dual STAB with the added protection of a Substitute. Have you had enough of those Florges? Are Choiced Physical Attackers really getting you down? Give those fuckers the middle finger and set up a nice clean Calm Mind in their face. Basically, CM Chandy gives you the safety of a +1 in SpDef, the power of a god, the coverage of some sort of coverage god and yeah i don't know where i'm going with this so i'll stop, Chandy is just fucking powerful and CM makes it even stronger.

Basically the EV spread is there to get the absolute maximum out of every stat, the SpA hits the same as Modest Hydreigon or base 125s showing just how crazy powerful Chandy is even without max SpA and a modest nature. The Speed outspeeds standard Mew creeping Honch and basically everything under that. The HP not only allows it to hit a lefties number but also to live a Dark pulse AFTER rocks from Scarf Hydra at +1 and also survive a Life Orb Dark Pulse from Hydra without rocks at +1 so it gives Chandy some decent enuff bulk. It also allows Chandy to NEVER have it's sub broken by a Moonblast from Florges. But yeah, i'll provide some calcs of shit Chandy is romping at +1 or stuff that it can actually set up on/live hits from :] The speed is cause Porygon is still a total (BAN ME PLEASE) this generation and i really don't like it. Obviously stuff still walls this like Snorlax, P2 , Doomers etc but they're all weak to fighting so just pack one of those guys and you should be set to go. Hope you enjoy the set and yeah, use Sub CM chandy, it's honestly quite a big threat in this meta ;_;7

4 SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 61-72 (20 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. +1 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 186-222 (60.9 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. +1 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 242-289 (79.3 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Water Pulse vs. +1 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 242-288 (79.3 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Earth Power vs. +1 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 276-328 (90.4 - 107.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 60-71 (19.6 - 23.2%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Shaymin Earth Power vs. +1 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 120-142 (39.3 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. +1 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 128-152 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. +1 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 116-138 (38 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Thunderbolt vs. +1 176 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 141-166 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO

Keep in mind with these calcs all but the Hydreigon one, it either outspeeds and 2hits or lives a hit and OHKOes :]
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 24+ SpD Florges: 144-171 (40.1 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 127-150 (39 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blastoise: 186-219 (51.3 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 128 HP / 4 SpD Nidoqueen: 268-316 (75.9 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Jirachi: 470-554 (116.3 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin: 470-554 (137.8 - 162.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 504-594 (127.9 - 150.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 228 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Ampharos: 193-228 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Chandelure@Flame Plate/Life Orb/Leftovers
252 SpA 252 Spe 4 SpDef
Timid/Modest nature
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Haze

Everyone knows about Haze's ability to remove stat boosts. However, not everyone knows that it removes stat drops as well. Haze here isn't mainly used as a way to remove opposing stat boosts but rather to remove stat drops of your own from Overheat (and/or Sticky Web, if need be). In order to keep this element of surprise, Flame Plate is used here to fake Choice Specs and make your opponent think that you would switch out after firing off your "choiced" Overheat, although Life Orb can be used to increase overall damage output or Lefties can be used if longevity is a concern. To make things better, your opponent might seize that as a chance to setup with their sweepers so you can remove the SpA drop as well as removing their stat boosts in the process. You may also use this to check a Moxie snowballing Honchkrow with this set by playing around Sucker Punches with Haze, although this isn't recommended.

Last edited:

Chandelure@colbur berry/leftovers
Flash Fire.
252 SAtk, 140 DEF, 116 HP
Quiet nature

Substitute
Hidden Power Fighting
Shadow ball.
Trick room.

so you switch in on one of your three immunities, set up TR, and when the sucker punch comes, you set up a sub in their face, and try to sweep.

All of chandelure´s counters are faster, and will hate a hidden power to the face, while having shadow ball for neutral coverage.

Last edited:
Moving Sprite ftw :)
Chandelure @ Life Orb
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Basically, this is a different take on the normal SubSplit set, trading Pain Split for Will-O-Wisp. We all know that with Chandelure's great defensive typing and immense power, it can have quite an easy time forcing switches. This allows it to set up a Substitute with ease, thus protecting it from other powerful attackers. The great thing about this set is that it can lure the Dark-types that like to come in on Chandelure, such as Honchkrow and Krookodile, and punishes them for coming in. It's also great for getting a surprise burn, even without using Substitute, as no one usually expects Will-O-Wisp on Chandelure. Over, Will-O-Wisp Chandelure takes a spin on SubSplit and is a great way to punish physical attackers :)

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 13820
I used Google Images, you jerks. Get at me though.

Chandelure @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Charge
- Memento

Since Lochie stole SubCM Chandelure, I'll go in with a set I used a bit last gen and this gen. Flame Charge Memento Chandelure. The idea is very simple and straightforward. So simple and easy to grasp, I think a caveman can do it. Idea is you use Flame Charge against a Pokemon you can force out (be wary of un-mega'd Houndoom though), and from there, you have two options: You either KILL THEM with one of your STAB moves, or you KILL YOURSELF with Memento, severely crippling the opposing Pokemon sent in to check Chandelure, allowing for a teammate to essentially get a free turn to set up. This set's really more for Offensive teams, as doing a surprise Memento mid-game can allow you to get in a setup sweeper for free afterwards, essentially forcing a win condition.

This Chandelure's best played mid-game when things have been weakened by hazards/partners, and Scarfers have been identified or at least out of play. I mention Scarfers because even after +1 from Flame Charge, Chandelure is outsped by every Choice Scarf user relevant in UU, due to its low base Speed. For similar reasons, Modest nature is used, as you don't outspeed anything important with Timid nature, even at +1. (Maybe CB Crobat or Mega Manectric but do you really wanna lose the power? No, no you don't.). The few unboosted offensive Pokemon who can take on Chandelure after it's used Flame Charge (Hydreigon, Honchkrow, Mega Houndoom/Absol*, etc.) are all outpaced (barring Mega Manectric/Aerodactyl) and are severely crippled by Memento. If Chandy can get another Flame Charge in, it'll be able to dispatch most Scarfers, though this won't happen too often. In a nutshell, its fully-powered STABs alone are enough to give it the coverage it needs to hand out pain to most Pokemon in the tier. Once it finishes its job or is met with a Pokemon who threatens it, it sacrifices itself to allow another Pokemon to finish the destruction Chandy has started on its own.

*I did the research. Memento still activates and successfully works through Magic Bounce, meaning Mega Absol ain't even safe. Ya bish

Calloflochie i just did a set like that on the chandy discussion thread the other day. modest and 252 evs are worth mentioning since chandy has a75% chance to ohko mega doom at +1 with fire blast with sr and one layer of spikes.

Also, chandy only needs 112 hp evs so florges moonblast never breaks the subs

Chandelure @ Air Balloon
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento
- Taunt

This Chandelure set functions as an anti-lead on offensive teams; Fire Blast is used to kill Forretress, Galvantula and generally hits harder than Shadow Ball, while the later is used to easily destroy Azelf leads. (while being immune to Explosion)

The selling point of this set is its capacity to cripple the opposite team and allow its teammates to easily pull off a sweep thanks to WoW and Memento, while Air Balloon ensures you do not get hit by Donphan and Swampert's EQ before you Taunt or burn them.

Another thing you may notice is the ability, I put Infiltrator on it so it won't be set up bait for anything that decides to hide behind a sub since you can just surprise burn them or Memento out to your sweeper (or even Taunt them so they won't start setting up)
When playing with this set you should have only one thing in mind; to cripple the opposing team as much as possible before dying to your own Memento and allowing your set up sweeper to come in next and start doing work.

Good teammates: any set up sweeper like Slowbro, Suicune, Tyrantrum, Mega Absol, Mega Houndoom, Azelf, Cloyster will do! Bonus points if your sweeper hides behind a sub (SubSD Mienshao, SubCM Raikou...)

i'd also like to point out that when voting starts (saturday), i'll have to make a new thread because i cant get op and shit from koko

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
fuck all y'all this picture > yours

Chandelure @ Flame Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Energy Ball
- Trick
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Not as weird original as some of the other pokes in this thread, but this version of chandelure has the unique ability to cripple bulky physical attackers and walls that otherwise can take all of its hits. It was popularized last gen due to the popularity of Snorlax, but in a meta where he's less prevalent it's fallen out of popularity somewhat. That's not to say it still isn't a potent threat, though. Chandelure's damage and lack of a visible item allow it to bluff the scarf, causing many walls and physical attackers that are crippled by flame orb to feel falsely safe. Moreover, it eliminates leftovers recovery.

The ever-present Florges, for instance, is heavily threatened by this set in a way that it isn't by the standard Scarf set. Tricking away Florges' leftovers and replacing it with a Flame Orb eliminates its recovery by 18% per turn - a staggering figure that can help you easily break it, making this set a great partner for things like Hydreigon, Kyurem, or offensive Mega-Blastoise. Flame Orb also offers a burn that can't be eliminated by aromatherapy / random rawst/lum berry / natural cure (sort of) in that it constantly reapplies even if it's removed. So, if DDMence is trying to set up on you thinking that you're locked into Fire Blast (for example), you can trick it a Flame Orb, burn it guaranteed even if it was previously running Lum, and proceed from there.

tl;dr a set that was popularized due to the centralization around snorlax last generation is still effective in gen 6 uu

Kitten Milk , the only problem with that set is that megas are immune to trick. Its still effective in this meta and timid chandy trick orb is still effective on most walls, non boosted cloyster, honchkrow, metagross, snorlax, and umbreon.

But, houndoom is such a hard counter to this set, immune to fire and trick (immunity to firr before mega obviously), resist ghost and grass.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Kitten Milk , the only problem with that set is that megas are immune to trick. Its still effective in this meta and timid chandy trick orb is still effective on most walls, non boosted cloyster, honchkrow, metagross, snorlax, and umbreon.

But, houndoom is such a hard counter to this set, immune to fire and trick (immunity to firr before mega obviously), resist ghost and grass.
Houndoom is a hard counter to basically every chandelure set other than specs HP fighting, so I don't see how that's unique to trick flame orb.

Houndoom is a hard counter to basically every chandelure set other than specs HP fighting, so I don't see how that's unique to trick flame orb.
A subcm set with modest and 252 evs fire blast at +1 to mega doom has a 75% chance to ohko with sr and one layer of spikes. Choice specs hp fighting has a 25% chance to ohko with no hazards from modest 252 evs chandy. Doom is the biggest buzzkill for chandy, but a smart player can lure doom in..

Your set is more practical to shut down the usal switch ins though like florges, umbreon and snorlax.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Stall can suck on this guys knob. There are already very few switch-ins to Chandelure, especially specs and life orb sets. With taunt and pain split reliable switch ins like Umbreon, Florges, Vaporeon and Snorlax are unable to use their recovery and even if they're able to, chandy can just use their large hp stats to damage them AND get healthy. Against balance or offence, it's still able to stop slower mons from dangerous set up like Smeargle, Toxicroak and slower Kingdra variants :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)