Project The Next Best Thing - ORAS RU Edition (Hitmontop Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
fran17's set is cool, i used that before and it was like actually not terrible once you get past how weak it's coverage moves are

Reactions: rau
In this tight vote, our winner is EonX!

Next Pokemon is:

Clawitzer!!!

Also, quick announcement. Since I feel like stuff can go a bit more smoothly this way, the cycle dates are changed to 7 days of nomination and 3 days of voting. This means the nomination ends on November 16.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Why does Clawitzer have such a shit movepool lol. Well, I managed to scrape up a set that could probably work, maybe.

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse / Aura Sphere / Venoshock

This set is designed to lure stuff that would normally wall Clawitzer, like Alomomola, and catch them with a Toxic. While stuff like Aromatisse and Mega Audino usually have stuff like Aromatherapy or Rest to heal up status, Toxic is still a nice surprise for the sets that don't. Venoshock is also a cool option to break down the walls even more

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Why is this set not used?

AV Tank (Clawitzer) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- U-turn / Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse / Aura Sphere

I am being completely honest this is the only Claw set I have ever used in RU. This is effective at taking a lot of hits and sometimes gaining momentum with a slow U-turn or just using its pretty great attack to dish out damage. It is a nice pivot for me.

Clawitzer @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide / Iron Tail
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer

Tbh, Swords Dance Claw is not...the best per say, but it does have one thing over normal Claw, which is that this set has the "suprise" factor. When the opponent switches into their special wall, you go for SD, thus making them switch again into their physical wall, which on that turn you can go for damage or another SD. Life Orb is suggested because Claw needs all the extra power it can get. Rock Slide and Iron Tail were the only good coverage moves it got so yh deal with it.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"Ever wondered why Clawitzer shouldn't need to run Water Pulse over Scald?"
"Well it's because even though Scald does not get the boost, the burn chance is lovely"

Well time for that to change. Introducing the cash set:

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Rain Dance let's you have Mega Launcher on Scald which hits really really hard and you'd get the chance to burn as well. Rain Dance is fairly easy to set up because Crawdaunt forces tons of switches. Ice Beam's for Grass-types while you can use either Dark Pulse to deal with Psychic-types or Aura Sphere to deal with Steel- and Dark-types.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes, because Crawdaunt is clearly UU Arifeen lol. I feel like Clawitzer has Aromatisse syndrome, but...

Clawitzer @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet
- Iron Tail / Toxic

Clawitzer's physical movepool is so piss poor that your only good physical offensive moves is compiled of Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Crabhammer, Iron Tail, and U-turn. Waterfall over Crabhammer for the reliable accuracy and cute flinch rate on slower Pokemon. U-turn hits a lot harder than normal and is able to build momentum if a physical wall comes in. Aqua Jet gives Clawitzer some strong priority to utilize. Iron Tail can catch Granbull and Togetic for some big damage, which can help a Dark-type such as Sharpedo or Absol sweep later. If that doesn't appeal to you, Toxic can be cute and catch stuff like Blastoise and Alomomola to wear them down for physical attackers. EVs are basic and Choice Band is obvious for the power boost.

Wandering Wobbuffet

formerly Based Honker
(Don't take this post seriously pls)
YO YO YO WE'RE ALL FORGETTING THE GREATEST CLAWITZER SET KNOWN TO MANKIND

Clawitzer @ Leftovers
- Swords Dance
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- ???

As can be seen from this fantastic video
courtesy of pyrotoz the sd special clawitzer can catch anyone completely off guard with no idea how to react. Sure your wasting a moveslot where you could easily run another nice coverage move but does it really matter? Isn't taking more foul play/confusion damage a good enough reason alone? If this fantastic set doesn't win this week I will be really disappointed with RU. Don't actually vote for this to win BTW this is a fucking useless set that no one should ever be using.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Clawitzer @ Custap Berry
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Endure

So the main thing that normally holds Clawitzer back is its low Speed, however this set can get a surpise kill when all hope is lost. Scarf Tyrantrum Head Smashing your team to oblivion? Endure to survive the hit and get a quick revenge kill with Ice Beam. Same can be said with other Pokemon like Virizion and Rotom-C that are naturally faster and can easily dispatch of Clawitzer with their STAB attacks.

Choice Scarf Clawitzer

Clawitzer @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Pulse/Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

With maximum Spe plus a Spe enhancing nature Clawitzer is now able to outspeed something and revenge killing some targets such as Adamant AoA Emboar/Choice Scarf Emboar surprising the opponent. This is one of the few scenarios where Water Pulse is preferred over Scald for the immediate power over the utility of burn.
It is the bottom of the barrel but is something to be considered.

Ok, guys, sorry for the torture I submitted all of you to.

Voting's up!!! You got until November 19 to vote!

BrandonBeast
(when you are able to force many switch-outs, you are more likely to cripple a previous "check/counter" to your Clawitzer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)