NOC The Mafia Invitational (Game Thread) [D2 Deadline: Friday, March 2nd, 6 PM EST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also fine with a closed setup.

Just.. kind of disappointing with how the game ended but shrug. Game was going to end in a similar way if Texas hadn't stepped in I guess (we lynch MS/Yeti then Walrein just dies to PoE at the end)

Was just really surprised that Josh had two guilties on Day 2; that should realistically never happen in a good game setup IMO.

Also ftr.... I didn't pr claim. My comment was about asek's reads and me not taking this game actively. After I posted I did realize it might have been taken tha way...and I was a pr. But by then things were moving so fast and dl was called soon after so I just went with it hoping people got the context lol

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ACtually, here, let me make it concise.

1) I told Texas as soon as I found the inferred setup. This gave him the option to sub me if needed. He chose to ignore that.
2) Texas chose a setup I've played with him before, why? I would've remembered it eventually.
3) Modgaming is not unethical, immoral, or cheating in any sense. It helps you get a better opinion of claims, and mass claim, and other things. It is a part of solving the game as town.
4) I caught scum myself. Like, sure, maybe it would have went down differently. My bottom 6 reads had Yeti / Walrein / MS consistently throughout the game. I pmd you very early that MS was scum and I was biding my time, and that I intended to check him. This is, again, not related to mechanics. I tried to wagon Walrein multiple times and was going to push them today too. Like, I'm fucking happy with my play here not related to mechanics period.
5) Again, I kept you updated on what was happening in my brain the entire time. I showed you my thoughts on the setup. You chose to keep me in, and yourself said it was "quite entertaining" up until D2... which includes my FV stuff allthewhile you could've subbed me?
6) "Josh will be removed from the game (and I'm seriously considering blacklisting you from any future games I post)" is pretty insulting, I considered us friends and I did nothing wrong or immoral or anything here. I tried to play to my wincon, and you had the option of subbing me, and I'm going to keep repeating that because it's true.
7) In reply to the below quote, your definition of OOG basically blacklists metadiving players. Sorting through prior experience. Etc. I searched mastina games to sort the Ascetic and any other claims that would have happened, because mods have preferences, and I searched your games to get a vibe for what you like. There's nothing immoral at all there dude. You are way off base attacking me as a person here.
P.S. Dear Josh. I don't give a flying fuck if you want to claim that Yeti and MS were independently scummy. This was a closed setup. You chose to spend hours digging for a setup that matched, fundamentally breaking the concept of a closed game and irrevocably changing your perception on how you read people. You directly broke the mafia team's core support mechanic through tactics directly Outside Of the Game. That is Fucking. Unacceptable.
That's all I have to say. I shouldn't have joined another smogon game. I understood force subbing me, but this is petty.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
if cop is wrong he townfirms someone

if vig is wrong he does scum's work of removing villa from the game

prolly a fair tradeoff though it depends on the rand
Vig is wank ass broken too lol

Idiot vig give scum free win, god vig give town free win. That’s no invitational that’s a solo game

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey so i'm not a moderator but

i feel like we could all stand to be a little more respectful to each other

even beyond the events of the last half hour there were multiple ingame moments where player behavior was pretty much making me not want to play the game (beyond my normal levels of wolfrand anxiety by a fair degree)

at the end of the day mafia is a game and we're all friends and we shouldn't have to toss r-slurs around to convince each other of our arguments

I feel like the problem here was re-using a (IMO townsided) setup that was in public knowledge and adapting it to this game. Which, sure, you can do that, but you have to make sure that everyone who played the previous game isn't in this game. I feel like Josh should have not been in this game at all given that he had that knowledge, and should have been subbed out D1 probably? (No offense to Josh, just my view of how this situation was handled as a whole)

This setup is distinctive enough that it can be easily searched for online as well, but I also think that it is fairly townsided? Scum have like, zero counterplay to an unlimited vig and cop besides nightkilling them (scum also don't know if there's a doctor in the game), and the Fruit Vendor is basically a french vanilla role that can be on either town or scum. And you add the tracker to that + a town ascetic that knows to claim D1 and yeah.

Feels like the solution here is to rerand with a new, lower power setup. Also why is Texas not playing?

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I feel like the problem here was re-using a (IMO townsided) setup that was in public knowledge and adapting it to this game. Which, sure, you can do that, but you have to make sure that everyone who played the previous game isn't in this game. I feel like Josh should have not been in this game at all given that he had that knowledge, and should have been subbed out D1 probably? (No offense to Josh, just my view of how this situation was handled as a whole)

This setup is distinctive enough that it can be easily searched for online as well, but I also think that it is fairly townsided? Scum have like, zero counterplay to an unlimited vig and cop besides nightkilling them (scum also don't know if there's a doctor in the game), and the Fruit Vendor is basically a french vanilla role that can be on either town or scum. And you add the tracker to that + a town ascetic that knows to claim D1 and yeah.

Feels like the solution here is to rerand with a new, lower power setup. Also why is Texas not playing?
because he has to mod and we don't have modbot

were we to run the game on MU this would no longer be an issue

shrug emoji

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Vig isn't really +town EV, it's more +swing. They can hurt town almost as much as they can help. Also, gunsmith gets a false guilty on the vig which outs itself. Ascetic isn't +town EV in any way, its neg utility (of course this changes when it becomes an IC because you know the setup), and of course Tracker is Tracker but only works on 1/3 scum until you lynch them and so on. FV is close to 0 ev either way, yea. I don't really consider it townsided, but I don't love the setup. Fun fact: scum won this setup last time. I was scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)