red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
The votes are in! (a little late woops) Here are the rankings:

#1: E (5 votes) :gardevoir-mega:
#2: A (4 votes) :cramorant:
#3: F (1 vote) :hawlucha:
#4: D (0 votes..) :kartana:

Builders, kindly create and post the teams by Friday, 19 January. If possible, create the teams in order. Team D does not need to be built but is always an option if anyone is free.

ENJOY!!! :D

Ineros

Time to enter new Realms and reroute!
is a Pre-Contributor
I am first! The top voted mon, Teleport Mega Gardevoir, has been built!
Idol - Mega Gardevoir balance (click on mons for paste)
:Gardevoir-Mega: :Alomomola: :Zamazenta: :Iron Crown: :Tornadus-Therian: :Garchomp:

The premise of the team, if it wasn’t obvious, is based around Mega Gardevoir. This is a mon I have wanted to build for a long time but could never quite get its teammates right, but through thinking (and a little help by our chief lunatic in the testing/initial building process) I think I came up with something pretty decent.
(A banger to listen to as you read!)

:Gardevoir-Mega: Mega Gardevoir has some neat traits over Tapu Lele that separates it from Lele. First of all, teleport is a very good tool; although it may seem weird on an offensive mon, it is good to scout switchins like Heatran, Glowking, and Garg while bringing in banded Zama and np torn safely, which are the other 2 main wincons. Second, it has a stronger fairy stab in hyper voice, which although still weaker than psychic from Tapu lele is able to hit mons like darks such as ting Lu and mtar a bit harder while just being a generally good combo with psychic stab, as psychic stab hits glowking, Volcarona, and Pecharunt for good/amazing damage. Mystical fire is another advantage, as it doesn’t need to rely on the relatively weak hp fire to do damage to Icrown and msciz and actually ohkos msciz on switchin with no chip. On this team specifically, it helps against Kommo o, Raging bolt, pecharunt, and Tapu lele (yes, mgarde can survive a 2hko from scarf moonblast) for tankchomp, zama, and np torn.
:Zamazenta: But, even so, Gardevoir isn’t a very strong answer into all darks; sure, it can deal some decent damage with hyper voice, but that’s about it, as you can’t switch in to them whatsoever. Zamazenta helps with that issue, as it can switch in on scarf hsamurott and mtar relatively easily and fire back a strong cc. Another issue with mgarde is its poor matchup into msciz and heatran. With a choice band, Msciz is cleanly 2hkod without Tera and takes advantage of heatran coming in through teleport from mgarde and breaks through said heatran. It’s the normal coverage stuff on Zama: Wild charge for moltres, Toxapex, and Slowbro, ice fang for the grounds, and heavy slam to ohko lele and ival as well as do good damage to hatterene and clefable. Tera steel is to avoid revenge killing attempts from Iron Boulder, lele, and ival and the power boost from fighting didn’t feel necessary as band Zama still 2hkos Mola and msciz with cc. Mgarde in return for what Zama does for it helps break through pex, Slowbro, Pecharunt, and glowking for Zama while teleporting it in safely vs blissey and heatran.
:Alomomola: When just looking at these mons, one thing stands out; none of the them have recovery! Alomomola fixes this, and it helps the main wallbreakers in mgarde and Zama do their jobs more consistently with its wishpassing and pivoting abilities. not only that, it also provides recovering to the defensive core in Av Icrown and tankchomp. Besides that, it forms a semi ok pivoting core with mgarde. There’s nothing else of note here, really; this is just regular Mola, and you can’t go wrong with it!
:Iron Crown: Something very apparent so far is that this team is absolutely DEMOLISHED by specs/calm mind Tapu lele and ival. Now, if we were in the Dlc1 era, We would’ve been in a tough spot, but thankfully we have Iron crown to check BOTH at once! It provides strong fsights (as if glowking fsights + cb Zama wasn’t already dangerous, these fsights are much stronger) and pivoting abilities, proving to be a very useful asset to Zamazenta and mgarde in wallbreaking. Not just that, though; its defensive traits are also fitting on this team. It checks ival and lele, which we already know, but it also does very well into offensive Zapdos, nplot tornt, mega diancie, and kyurem defensively (As a balance player, I cannot stress how good it is to check those last three here). Psychic noise is good for shutting down dondozo and garganacl shenanigans, while also helping wear down blissey for mgarde. Tera fairy removes the pursuit weakness and is just a generally good defensive type.
:Tornadus-Therian: Once again, BEST fogger right here. This thing is an absolutely stellar special breaker, but it can also defog to remove spikes for Zamazenta, icrown, and garchomp. Nplot tornt absolutely shreds unprepared balance teams and is a very good special breaker paired with mgarde. Besides that, it secures the waterpon matchup while also being an appreciated ground immunity. It gives a better matchup into kartana, Rillaboom, Ferro, and serperior as well.
:Garchomp: At the end of this, I needed to still fill some checklists. I needed a ground, a reliable heatran, yard, and Volcarona switch in while also setting hazards. Well Glisc was already off the table since it’s not very good into Volcarona and yard, and Lando wouldn’t work as well in that case either. But then I realized that garchomp literally fills these roles while still being a good defensive presence. It is the ground and hazard setter, which are pretty much essential for a team. It also secures matchups into raging bolt and gouging fire with the help of its teammates while also checking iron crown for mgarde. Dragon tail allows it to accrue chip on certain mons and phase out setup sweepers such as Garg and Volcarona. With Mola’s recovery, it will be able to stick through a game as well. It also forms a nice defensive core with icrown, as icrown deals with fairies and kyurem while chomp checks msciz and other steels like heatran and opposing icrown while being a decent switch in to fire moves as well.[SPOLIER]

thank you to hidin for the set you posted and for Dead by Daylight for testing!

1705715554661.png 1705715639783.png1705715698383.png1705715739710.png1705715768369.png1705715800596.png (click on the images for the paste)
I chose to build around the clear amulet Kartana set, simply because Kartana is one of my favorite ultra beasts and is also very strong.Below i will leave my thought process behind the team and how the team works.

:Kartana: Star of the team, u already know.With its giant attack, this thing is able to hit anything for a lot of damage, and can also revenge kill well even without scarf.Can also snowball into an incredible sweeper late game, or even mid game if your opponent isn't ready for it.Now, u know what this thing's biggest counter is, right? :zapdos: :moltres: so i thought, what would a good teammate for this be?Then i looked at the builder and saw her.
:Diancie: Diamond Storm and Moonblast hit everything like a truck, even neutrally.Diamond storm also has that +2 def boost to it,making u able to survive a lot of hits after just one boost.Stealth Rocks helps the team a lot, especially our sweepers in Kartana and Ogerpon Wellspring.
:Ceruledge: So i was thinking, what is kart weak to? Fire aaand Fighting.I found my guy to help with that.Ceru can sweep itself or at least deal some serious damage to ur opponent's team if positioned well enough.I also jumped at the opportunity to use it since its one of my favorite gen 9 mons by far.
:Buzzwole: It's been a while since i have seen this guy be used, and i honestly don't get why.Good bulk, good stats and has the ability to shrug hits from a lot of mons in the meta and just chip them back with rocky helmet.Things like :lopunny-mega: :scizor-mega: :Rillaboom: and many others hate the chip they take from this coming in on their u-turns/stab moves.This thing also works pretty well with diancie, as its able to take on ground types and most steel types, while diancie can help buzzwole with fire types and flying types.
:Gliscor: I needed a defog guy.Gliscor can be a defog guy, so i chose him.U already know what this guy does, i dont think there is much to be said here.
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: Same for this guy.Did that Ferrothorn use leech seed?Well i hope ferro likes using it again 2-3 times since waterpon is gonna encore him into that move.Not much to be said about ogerpon tbh, very good mon that u can slap on teams.

U struggle a bit vs :Darkrai: .Buzzwole and Diancie can somewhat handle it, as well as ogerpon if u tera, but its still a tricky matchup.
:tapu-lele: is tricky too, but u can tera dark with kart on its psyhic or tera with ogerpon to get more spdef.Outside of those two, the team is doing good.I have used it in the 1700's and it did very well.

It was very fun to build this, hope you have fun with it!! :sphearical:

Last edited:

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor

Cramorant literally does nothing useful except do decent ship with gulp missles and (maybe) paralyze. I tried making it work on a non-cheese team structure but its literally useless so :blobshrug:. Also been havent felt like playing mons so didnt test further

:cramorant: this mon is basically cosmetic, will occaisonally find value if you manage to get it safely into <50% health and actually start throwing off paralysis Gulp Missile.
:cresselia: "speed control". scarf trick/twave allows you outs vs some slower sweepers and safely get in stuff. Lunar dance allows you to heal up low health ting-lu in an emergenancy and also safely bring in Togekiss or Jirachi.
:togekiss: 1st serene grace abuser. speed is to outspeed scarf kartana after a twave. generally annoying mon very self explanitory.
:alomomola: sometimes you just cant hax through everything + need to play a longer game so mola is pretty useful. gives big wishes off to ting-lu, cress, and togekiss or jirachi if needs be.
:jirachi: parahaxer number two. jirachi is able to clean after chip or if you are very lucky.calm mind allows you to pick up kills that shouldn't be possible.
:ting-lu: gives playable zap mu. and gets up hazards and can get chip w/ whirlwhind

not writing more b/c im tired. only bad mus are probably your own luck fucking you over

good luck to anybody who tries to use this

Dead by Daylight

rage, rage against the dying of the light
:sv/hawlucha: :sv/clodsire: :sv/tyranitar-mega: :sv/alomomola: :sv/dondozo: :sv/corviknight:
Anti-Stall Stall (90 Minutes)

This god-awful Hawlucha set (no offense, it just does nothing in this metagame) really constricted my building options, but I think this team works pretty well and it did okay in testing. The niche of this Hawlucha set has become incredibly miniscule - nowadays, I guess it can Toxic Magic Bounce users? It's dire. Anyways, this team preys on opposing stall teams with Mega T-tar's Sand + Knock Off as well as constant Toxic spreading from Clodsire and Hawlucha. Clod is also the Unaware with a decent type synergy alongside Lucha, while Mega T-tar is a decent enough Psychic immunity. Dozo is the physical Unaware, while Alomomola keeps T-tar and Lucha to an extent healthy. Tera Dragon Corv is a pretty good Ogerpon-W answer, which would otherwise be a massive threat to the team. I whipped this up like 90 minutes before the deadline, hence the team name. Cheers.

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
CYCLE 2 VOTING

Thanks everybody for submissions, Cycle 2 Voting Phase is now upon us.
Voting phase begins now! Vote for your favourite nomination with the corresponding letter, the top 3-5 (depending on builder availability) will be used in team building!

NOMINATION A

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Power-Up Punch
- Frustration
I gotta admit, this looks crazy and sooo fun. This set is by Fabriisse.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-national-dex-heat.3716576/#post-9890285
NOMINATION B
:sv/pecharunt:
Pecharunt @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Poison Puppeteer
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Malignant Chain
- Recover
i really like this take a lot (by Oculars btw)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-national-dex-heat.3716576/page-2#post-9956501
NOMINATION C
Regidrago @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Energy
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast
- Draco Meteor
By red fintans
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-national-dex-heat.3716576/post-9953433
NOMINATION D
Shamoneamola (Alomomola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 99
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Flip Turn
- Knock Off
- Mirror Coat
Set by Oculars
NOMINATION E
nominating Sputnik set
:Pelipper: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
Voting ends on Tuesday the 6th of February! Good luck everybody and have fun.

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
just a note, since there are 5 sets and >5 builders, we r basically just voting for the order in which the sets are built - most likely, all of them will get built (although anything can happen in which case we dont do the lower voted ones)

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

Hatterene (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
its real

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

Hatterene (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
its real
We are already in voting, do you mind posting these in the heat thread instead? then next round someone might nom these sets

Oculars

I CANT BE FADED
is a Tiering Contributor
VOTING RESULTS
Ok guys votes are in here's the sets that received the most votes:

Nomination C: 4 votes

:sv/regidrago:
Regidrago @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Dragon Energy- Earth Power- Tera Blast- Draco Meteor

Nomination A: 2 votes
:sv/lopunny-mega:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute- Close Combat- Power-Up Punch- Frustration

Nomination D: 1 vote
:sv/alomomola:
Shamoneamola (Alomomola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 99
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald- Flip Turn- Knock Off- Mirror Coat

Congratulations everyone we'll now get to work on building these teams

Post your teams by Wednesday Feb 14th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)