The LC Theorymon Project (this is dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've updated the OP with our subject and some questions. I'll be participating in the discussion as well, and Sunday or Monday, I'll be accepting submissions for round 2.

Yamask @ Eviolite
Trait: Mummy
Level: 5
EVs: 132 HP / 236 Def / 76 SDef / 36 Spe
Relaxed Nature / Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Knock Off / Toxic Spikes

This set is kind of similar to the one Shaymin :D posted, except with less slashitis. I don't really think that even with this Pokemon around, stall won't be /that/ popular, since although it would help, stall would need a little more of a push than this. That's why I have Knock Off before Toxic Spikes, since I feel it would be more appreciated on balanced teams, where this thing would likely be found. Toxic Spikes would still be useable on a team where something like CM Spritzee is your sweeper, or you have a defensive team. Will-O-Wisp is obvious, neutering physical attackers. Pain Split is Yamask's best form of recovery outside of RestTalk, and works given it's low HP stat. Shadow Ball is STAB, and lets you hit Meditite after you've completely neutered it through Will-O-Wisp and Mummy. I picked a spread with more HP, since it should be maximizing its defenses first.

Yamask @ Berry juice / eviolite
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 240 SAtk / 212 HP
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

TR sweeping yamask. Seems like shitty misdreavus, but

A. it isn't weak to sucker punch (or shadow sneak) (or anything except spritzee, which lets it 1v1 dark types
(and missy)
B. walls meditite and doesn't mind knock off
C. scarfers
D. nice tr setter w/ no dark weak + offensive presence
E. Bulkier than missy
f. Can pair with dbond /trickspecs / WoW missy to remove counters (they have no shared weaknesses)

Just think about Fur Coat Goomy
  • Above Average Special Bulk
  • Acceptable SpAtt
  • Dragons are rare, Ice types are rare, Fairies have Spritzee and.....
  • No Fur Coat users in LC
  • Seriously, just think about it. Goomy with Fur :O
  • It kinda sucks :/
This is just theroymoning, and there are probably better users that also suck in the current meta, but I think that it would be a pretty good tank. What do yall guys think?

Just think about Fur Coat Goomy
  • Above Average Special Bulk
  • Acceptable SpAtt
  • Dragons are rare, Ice types are rare, Fairies have Spritzee and.....
  • No Fur Coat users in LC
  • Seriously, just think about it. Goomy with Fur :O
  • It kinda sucks :/
This is just theroymoning, and there are probably better users that also suck in the current meta, but I think that it would be a pretty good tank. What do yall guys think?
While it doesn't have 2 fit the Pokemon exactly a theorymon should have some in game reason. Fur coat should probably go to something with fur... How about venonat it make sense with all that fur and its typing and move pool would make it very usuable as an answer to physical threats.

Oh, I was confused, bc your previous post said, "I'll be accepting submissions for round 2." Sorry :c
The whole sentence says this:
I'll be participating in the discussion as well, and Sunday or Monday, I'll be accepting submissions for round 2.
Anyways, let's get on track. Yamask would certainly see use handling Fighting-types, and it can neuter their abilities through Mummy, and ALL of them rely on their abilities. Teams that are heavily reliant on physical attackers will hate to see this thing. If you use defog, you know how you have to be careful around Pawniard. If you send in Yamask to take a Knock Off or Iron ahead or something from Pawniard, you can eliminate Defiant and you can Defog all you want. This of course assumes that Mummy is kept upon switching out. And if a holder of Mummy attacks a foe with a contact move, does the foe receive Mummy?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I really, really hate to do this, but even this isn't a completely reliable counter for Meditite, as long as it's running some sort of punch and not fake out.

196+ Atk Pure Power Meditite Fire Punch vs. 52 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Yamask: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 59.1% chance to 3HKO

Dark Yamask must take at least two of these, considering its speed, before it can burn. And then, unless it's running hex, it has to at least one and possibly another two burned fire punches, because...

156 SpA Yamask Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Meditite: 14-18 (73.6 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

196+ Atk Pure Power burned Meditite Fire Punch vs. 52 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Yamask: 3-4 (14.2 - 19%)

Let's put it this way- Dark Yamask must take two minimum damage rolls from the first two fire punches in order to be guaranteed to not be KOed from Meditite's continuous fiery barrage. Also, if Dark Yamask gets burned from a punch, it's dead.

And also, Will-O-Wisp only has an 85% chance of hitting. So Dark Yamask can take Meditite out, but it's not likely to survive. In addition, it has about a 8% chance of doing absolutely nothing if it goes to burn. So it works as a check, but not a counter- as it cannot switch in in the worst case scenario.

Also, if rocks are up it's even worse. 99.3% chance to 3HKO with Fire Punch and a 15% chance to do nothing if it goes for burn. And we had such high hopes for it too...

EDIT: Aaand I forgot about mummy. I'm an idiot. And thank you, Amp.

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Well, considering Pain Split's unreliability, Resttalk Yamask might as well be a thing.

Yamask
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
- Knock Off / Will-O-Wisp

EVs hit eviolite numbers.

Yamask
EVs: 212 HP / 236 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse
- Calm Mind

EVs maximize physical bulk.

Rest allows Yamask to remove any major status conditions and recover its HP, while Sleep Talk ensures Yamask isn't a completely dead weight after doing so. The former moveset acts as a general utility wall, while the latter gives Yamask the opportunity to sweep.

I am surprised that Toxic Spikes+Hex hasn't gotten more attention. If you manage to get them down, switching in to Yamask will only become more difficult, as a 130BP STAB move is nothing to laugh at despite its average Special Attack.
Pretty much the only things that would want to switch in is poison types(who would absorb T-Spikes anyway) and bulky normal types, who would get worn down quickly through poison damage. Not to mention they can't hit Yamask super effectively and would have to rely on weaker non-STAB attacks, or status of their own.

I am surprised that Toxic Spikes+Hex hasn't gotten more attention. If you manage to get them down, switching in to Yamask will only become more difficult, as a 130BP STAB move is nothing to laugh at despite its average Special Attack.
Pretty much the only things that would want to switch in is poison types(who would absorb T-Spikes anyway) and bulky normal types, who would get worn down quickly through poison damage. Not to mention they can't hit Yamask super effectively and would have to rely on weaker non-STAB attacks, or status of their own.
I thought about it, but I felt it might be a little tough to pull off. I'd enjoy testing it though.

At any rate, sadly discussion hasn't been booming, but I'm now accepting submissions. Remember to PM them, I will not accept them otherwise. Discussion on Ghost/Dark Yamask will still be open until voting begins.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well Yamask can run CM + HP Fight if it REALLY wants to get past these normals walling it. CM/TSpikes/Hex/HP Fight sounds okay or you could slash in WoW to deal with fighting switch ins?

also Trubbish is the most common grounded poison i see right now. Erm correct me if im wrong on this one.

I'd love to run TSpikes + Hex just im annoyed by faster defoggers who play games with Vullaby and faster Knock Offers who can come in an ruin me like Meinfoo.

well Yamask can run CM + HP Fight if it REALLY wants to get past these normals walling it. CM/TSpikes/Hex/HP Fight sounds okay or you could slash in WoW to deal with fighting switch ins?

also Trubbish is the most common grounded poison i see right now. Erm correct me if im wrong on this one.

I'd love to run TSpikes + Hex just im annoyed by faster defoggers who play games with Vullaby and faster Knock Offers who can come in an ruin me like Meinfoo.
I don't really think HP Fight would be necessary, nor would it do a lot of damage to the bulkier ones, which are much better than the others. Since Yamask handles Meditite so well, you can easily have another Fighting-type as a partner or Pawniard (who can deter defog as well) to Knock Off and beat bulky normal types.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just a suggestion

/shrug

also i guess... i'd love to nail a few normals on the switch :> but i guess the damage isnt worth it.

Sorry guys, I've had a busy week and not much free time to work on this. I'll compile a list tonight hopefully and start the voting!

sorry but i'd prefer if you'd pm me submissions. i didn't end up getting many submissions since i started r2, so if i dont get too many more (ill give it a day or two), i may consider closing this down. i also have to apologize for not paying much heed here :(

sorry but i'd prefer if you'd pm me submissions. i didn't end up getting many submissions since i started r2, so if i dont get too many more (ill give it a day or two), i may consider closing this down. i also have to apologize for not paying much heed here :(
Keep it up<3 I did PM that to you btw(:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)