The Hot Rod God Bod Squad- a Pokebank OU team

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
I decided to make a team with MegaMedicham. Why? He's really good. In reality, this team was built around a lead Exploud, but wound up being built around MegaMedicham. This team has a pretty good rating, and I've pulled off many, many comebacks with this thing. The team has lures, breakers, sweepers, and some unexpected sets. It's worked well for me, but I'd like to know how to make it better. So...
I present to you The Hot Rod God Bod Squad!

Sinbad (Medicham) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Bullet Punch
- Psycho Cut

Sinbad is my Mega Pokemon, and boy, does he hit hard. high Jump Kick pretty much OHKOs everything. Fire Punch is there is there to still get roughly the same damage output vs. Ferrothorn, and hit Scizor for insane damage, as well as hitting Grass-Types. Bullet Punch is priority and hits Fairies who think they can get in a free KO. Psycho Cut wrecks all Fighting-and-Poison types not named Gengar, and is just all-around good STAB.

Buzz Lightyear (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
Buzz Lightyear is my offensive Defogger. He has good bulk, and cane come in on numerous Pokemon and Defog. Another benefit is that he can immediately U-Turn to SandSlaughter or Magic Button, who need the bonus of no rocks or other hazards the most. Bullet Punch is STAB priority fun, and Bug Bite is Scizor's most powerful move. The reason I use Life Orb on this set is because I won't be needing to Defog multiple times, so I can use it once and hit extremely hard with my other moves.

Laundry Tiem (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
Laundry Tiem is my utility pivot of sorts, and forms part of the VoltTurn "core" that works so well. (I used the quotation marks because my team isn't centered around Buzz and LTiem.) Will-O-Wisp burns lots of threats to the team, and Pain Split is always good if you're low on HP and the opponent switches something with full HP in. Hydro Pump is classic STAB, and Volt Switch allows me to switch out while still dealing damage. (I might adjust the EVs on here, make him a little more specially bulky.)

uberBass (Exploud) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
uberBass is my attacking lead, and my special counterpart to Sinbad, in a way. Both hit ridiculously hard. But that's beside the point. Boomburst with Choice Specs and Scrappy destroys everything. +1SpD Volcarona still takes a good 68%dmg from it. Gengar gets OHKod by it when it switches in, thinking it can counter. Regice and Deoxys-D are 2HKOd by it.
Just to illustrate Boomburst's power, here are some calculations for you.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 228-268 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (so close, but still. This is Blissey here)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 153-180 (50.3 - 59.2%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 118-141 (41.5 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 138-163 (35.9 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 187-222 (51.3 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fire Blast gets Grass-types and Ferrothorn/Scizor, and Focus Blast annihilates Tyranitar. Ice Beam one-shots Garchonp, Salamence and Dragonite (if Rocks are up.) uberBass usually gets at least one KO, and dents whatever comes in next.

Magic Button (Volcarona) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
Magic Button is great. he hard-counters Special Mega Lucario, any Scizor, and even takes only 55%dmg from Rotom-W's Hydro Pump at +1 special Defense! Quiver Dance is a dangerous move when MegaLucario or scizor is out, as I get a free boost if they switch, and they get wiped off the face of the earth next turn if they don't.

SandSlaughter (Garchomp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Head​
SandSlaughter is the Stealth Rock setter. He also does a good job of sweeping. SandSlaughter can come in with sash intact, take an Outrage from a Kyurem-B, and hit right back with an Outrage of its own. It's also a good lure for Fairies. If a Fairy sponges Outrage, the whole attack gets nullified and SandSlaughter can hit it with an Iron Head. He's fast, deadly, and all-around badass. Earthquake gets rid of anything else.

Here's a couple of replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-72586658
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-72588283

The biggest threats to my team are:
-Talonflame. He beats Buzz and Sinbad so hard, and can do heavy damage to Magic button. however, if he stays in on Laundry Tiem, he's gone.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man this is a pretty cool team! Like you said, Talonflame is a meanie to your team. With priority Brave Bird it beats your sweeper, beats your defogger, and beats your back up sweeper! Constantly relying on Rotom means its easy to wear down, band variants in particular give you trouble, dealing ~30% each u turn IIRC. You desperately need better switchins.

Probably the easiest I can think of is using Tyranitar>Garchomp. Being able to have a more reliable lead is great, and Tyranitar is a better utility pokemon anyway, beating HO leads like Deoxys S with just SR up. Tyranitar also gives you that second Talonflame check, with great pursuit ability. You can also run Stone edge on it so you can beat Charizard Y better, as he gives you trouble as well. Running the SpD set gives you an excellent core in Rotom+Tyranitar. Rotom lures in things like Latias for Tyranitar to trap, so Medicham has an easier way to handle stuff.

Not really going to touch on Exploud since you said it was an original member of the team. However you might want to test out Specially Defensive Scizor. This gives you excellent bulk and repeated Defog uses, which your team needs with Volcarona. It lets be an excellent pivot as well! Also, try an EV Spread of 252 HP/ 48 Def/ 208 SpD Bold as this lets you still have nice special bulk, but helps greatly with physical attackers - namely, +2 Talonflame, as well as a little ease with Char Y (not ohkoed by Solarbeam, meaning that you can play mind games with it and Tyranitar).

Lastly, I would run Bulky Passho Berry Volcarona. It lets you beat Rotom W one on one, which is nice since some of your team hates burns. A set of Giga Drain/ Bug Buzz/ Quiver Dance/ Fiery Dance should do well. Running Passho also gives you leeway against random ass water attacks. Hope I helped your team! Good Luck!!

Tyranitar @ Leftovers/Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge/ Crunch

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
I think I'll use my bump for some reason.
Adding a new replay or two.
Also, evidently MegaPinsir and MegaCham can't OHKO each other with Quick Attack and Fire Punch, respectively.

New threat-
Sableye.
It's excellent in the current metagame, and it trolls me to death with a Sub+Knock Off+WoW+Recover set.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80288213

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)