The Golems Fury (Mixed Tier RMT)

Which name for Hydreigon do you prefer? Japanese or English?

• English (Hydreigon)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello everyone!Hopkinc1 here with another RMT, this one is another Mixed Tier team with some...interesting yet effective sets for Pokemon. Last team I made, I decided that I would build it around perhaps my favorite 1st Gen Pokemon, Kangaskhan. It was a great team and one I still take a lot of pride in. This time, I have decided to make a team around my favorite 5th Gen shiny Pokemon: Golurk. So, without Further Adieu, I give you:

THE
GOLEMS FURY

The Team

The Pros and The Cons

The Pros:
- Great Coverage on all Pokemon
- Plenty of Resists and Immunities
- Only One Pokemon Weak to Rocks
- Great Lead Pokemon
- "Surprise Factor" with a few sets

The Cons:
- Large Weakness to Grass, Ice, and Bug and Water
- Earth Move Repetition
- Only one move to hit defensive Poison types with-
Levitate (I'm looking at you Weezing)

The Team Building Process:

I wanted to build a team around a Pokemon that I have wanted to use since I first him, and that Pokemon was Golurk. I saw that most people were saying that Golurk in OU and anything above NU was only really viable as a support set and not really a good Pokemon for attacking, even though he has a huge Attack Stat. I wanted to test that.

For my next Pokemon, I wanted to put a slight twist on a well known lead: Aerodactyl. His time in OU has come to an end for now, but with this new set, Aerodactyl goes from a Fantastic Lead, to a Fantastic Anti-Lead and sweeper.

Now that I had my two physical attackers on my team, I wanted to put on two Special Sweepers that I thought Complimented eachother as well. Hydreigon and Raikou were the two for the job. With Raikou being able to use Extra Sensory and Hidden Power Ice, as well as Hydreigon having levitate (thus being a good switch in to earth attacks), these two compliment eachother very well.

Finally, I needed two Pokemon that would be able to wall any threat that came to it. Seismitoad and Umbreon were my two choices. Seismitoad acts as my physical wall and rock setter while Umbreon is a mixed wall, mostly focusing on special attacks.

A More In-Depth Look

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
Taunt
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Hone Claws

This set for Aerodactyl right here is the perfect example of how one simple move change can completely change how a Pokemon works. This is almost a standard set for Aerodactyl, but instead of using Stealth Rock, I've decided to put Hone Claws on him. Hone Claws makes Aerodactyl a phenomenal anti-lead, and gives Aerodactyl a 100% EdgeQuake Combination off of a 508 attack stat. Taunt allows Aerodactyl to still stop the opponents lead from setting up Stealth Rocks. With that one simple move change, Aerodactyl goes from a suicide Stealth Rock Lead to a set up sweeper and anti-lead.

Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
Shadow Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Drain Punch
For this Golurk, I decided to go for a Wall-Breaking set. This set allows for me to switch into a Pokemon such as Blissey, Cofagrigus, Clefable, and any other wall and pretty much take it out. The set is able to counter everything that threatens it barring Water Type Pokemon. Expert Belt also allows him to Bluff a Choice Band. The Extra Speed allows him to outspeed other Golurks and hit them first, or outspeed anything under a base 55 Speed (which isn't much, but it trust me, it does help.)

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
U-turn
Before I continue on, I just want to take a quick pole to see if anyone agrees with this: does ANYONE else think that Hydreigons' japanese name (Sazandora) is more badass than his english name?

Anyway, onto this Pokemon. Hydreigon is my revenge killer and my Dragon Check. He is severely underused and underappreciated in OU, which is a shame. He is by far my favorite Dragon in the Tier and in the Game. I know not many people run Scarfed Hydreigon, and they usually run a mixed set, but I went with a Choice Scarf with Draco Meteor, Focus Blast, and Fire Blast. This gives him pretty decent coverage, as well as having him check Sub/SD Chomp and the rare Choice Scarfed Haxorus. There isn't really much else to talk about with this set. Note the 0 IV in Attack. This makes sure that Foul Play will not royally screw Hydreigon, even though he doesn't physically attack other than to U-Turn out. It is a not a common move, but not one I am willing to deal with nonetheless.

Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
Wish
Curse/Toxic
Heal Bell
Foul Play
Ah, yes. Umbreon. Umbreon is by far my favorite Eevolution, and is also one of my favorite Shiny Pokemon in the game. This set focuses on Special Defense, but has the capability to go into a more physically defensive role as well with the move Curse. I also run Toxic, but I'm not sure which one I like more yet. Wish and Heal bell make Umbreon the teams Cleric, and Foul Play is to hit any physical attacker that dares come in on him to kill him. This wall has yet to disappoint me.

Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Stealth Rock
Scald
Earth Power
Knock Off
Seismitoad is my answer to the water types that come in to destroy both Golurk and Aerodactyl. This set is a fairly standard rocks set up set, with the addition of Knock Off rather than Ice Beam. This gives Seismitoad more utility than a normal Seismitoad, that usually has Ice Beam to take care of grass types. Knock Off is also a better move because if you hit a Pokemon such as Chansey or anything with Eviolite or any kind of regenerating item, then that Pokemon has lost either its bulk or its ability to constantly regain health. And both of those are a big deal. His attack IV is zero for the same reason as Hydreigon.

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
Thunderbolt
Extrasensory
Hidden Power [Ice]
Volt Switch
Raikou is my Special Sweeper. He is able to hit almost everything for at least Neutral Damage with the current moveset that he has. I originally had Zapdos here, but I found slowly that I had a problem dealing with Weezing, along with most fighting types thanks toe the lack of a flying type move; this Pokemon is able to help with that a bit thanks to using Extrasensory. Now those Pokemon are no longer a threat. HP Ice is a perfect coverage move thanks to it being able to hit the ground types he is weak to as well as hit grass types that resist its electric stabs. T-Bolt is his main attacking move while Volt Switch is to keep Momentum up. His Attack Stat is the lowest it can be for HP Ice to negate the effects of Foul Play.

CONCLUSION

This concludes my Most Recent RMT. This team on Wi-Fi has been able to do well, and thanks to the element of Surprise as well as sheer power from some of these Pokemon, it has done fairly well on Pokemon Showdown against full OU Teams (I refuse to do Tier Shift, I believe it skews results because of the increased base stats.) However, as you saw near the beginning there are some types that can be an issue and some other problems with the team. Any criticism and comments will be considered if they are helpful/constructive. If you liked it make sure that you give the team a try youself and hit the like button, wherever it may be on the page, and I hope that you all enjoy!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)