The Gauntlet IV - Round 1

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
tour dead af @_@
yeah it's really unfortunate because now people with act wins will (rather, would) be getting an inherent advantage. I talked it over with Isa and the only fair resolution here is I average which mons were lost, come up with a list of the most commonly eliminated and force the act winners to give up one of the mons on the list. It's either that or nothing which is what I've been pondering about for the past 3 days.

I'll be posting the list tmrw (in about 7-8h?) as well as tagging those to whom this applies (after I make all the act calls ;__;) in another post. The users who are tagged will have about 1 day to PM me with who they want to ban.

Round 2 will have a post after the OP and matchups showing every single entrant's personal ban list, so no one will have to do research on it.

Also really sorry that the tour is so dead, sucks for a lot of entrants :( Round 2 is always better though

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yeah it's really unfortunate because now people with act wins will (rather, would) be getting an inherent advantage. I talked it over with Isa and the only fair resolution here is I average which mons were lost, come up with a list of the most commonly eliminated and force the act winners to give up one of the mons on the list. It's either that or nothing which is what I've been pondering about for the past 3 days.

I'll be posting the list tmrw (in about 7-8h?) as well as tagging those to whom this applies (after I make all the act calls ;__;) in another post. The users who are tagged will have about 1 day to PM me with who they want to ban.

Round 2 will have a post after the OP and matchups showing every single entrant's personal ban list, so no one will have to do research on it.

Also really sorry that the tour is so dead, sucks for a lot of entrants :( Round 2 is always better though
yea id say its fair to just do a random number generator based off the ou mons and they will be the ones banned, Im fine with that

act

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
This is 2.5 days overdue, sorry. Real life has been busying than normal and didn't want to mess up any banlists for users. Stats also took quite a bit to mark down and then consequently organize, apologies again to all of my entrants.

Activity Wins

DragonGold123 > idiotfrommars (seemed to be a lot of missed times/rescheduling from the latter)
Marcop9923 > Crawling Chaos (opp is super dead)
matthewc20090 > DiEversity (opp is dead)
Sipher > dusk raimon (opp is dead)
ForgottenOnes > Marcelinho Rodrigues (the reasoning being that FO was the only one actually trying to schedule despise the latter player being 'ready to play' at seemingly random times)
Aruyre > Shocki (this was iffy, if there is a GENUINE reason I should be coinflipping this instead please notify me in the Round 2 thread Shocki.)
Drangonn. > FPB (latter never responded to former's attempts at scheduling)
Iloveleague > Void (latter never responds to VM)
Shuckleking87 > Centygon (former made far more attempts to schedule with ample time remaining to get the games done)
MONNA LUSA > BerserCar (latter ignored VM)
Arifeen > Gonz@lo (latter did not attempt to schedule)
Melle2402 > KSBK (erratic contact from the latter, no formal scheduling, missed a time; former offered numerous opportunities to play)

Coinflips (done on smogtours)
Teclis > YMAS
ninamori > Gondra
pokebasket > Phenak1sm
We Three Kings > Der Schweinsteiger

Those of you winning through activity (or coinflip) must VM me, PM me, or post in THIS thread [preferred] within the next 24 hours concerning which mons you would like to 'choose' to lose. To try and make things as fair as possible I compiled stats* from the Round. From these you will have to pick 1 mon to give up from each of the 3 lists for a total of 3 unusable mons**. I apologize for the inequality in forcing you to do this but it's as fair as it gets for those who managed to get their games done and lose mons (some losing 4 or 5).

*Ordered by # of deaths primarily and alphabetically secondarily. | I strongly recommend NOT picking base forms which have mega-forms for your personal banlist as you will automatically lose the option of using the mega as well; but it's still within your power.
**The average # of mons lost by the winning player in Round 1 is equal to 2.896 which I rounded to 3; thus determining the number I'm 'forcing' you guys to lose.

• Heatran - 11
  • Landorus-Therian - 9
  • LatiOs - 7
  • Ferrothorn - 5
  • Garchomp - 5
  • Keldeo - 5
  • Tyranitar - 5
  • Hippowdown - 4
  • Jirachi - 4
  • Rotom-Wash - 4

• 3 Deaths
    • Azumarill
    • Clefable
    • Mega-Lopunny
    • Mew
    • Thundurus-Incarnate
    • Tornadus-Therian
  • 2 Deaths
    • Azelf
    • Bisharp
    • Crawdaunt
    • Excadrill
    • Gengar
    • Kyurem-Black
    • LatiAs
    • Manaphy
    • Mega-Diancie
    • Nidoking
    • Raikou
    • Serperior
    • Slowbro
    • Starmie
    • Talonflame
The list is separated by # of deaths only for those who care about 'stats'; you still only have to pick one mon from the entire list.

• Alakazam
  • Diancie
  • Doublade
  • Espeon
  • Hydreigon
  • Klefki
  • Magnezone
  • Mamoswine
  • Mandibuzz
  • Mega-Alakazam
  • Mega-Ampharos
  • Mega-Beedrill
  • Mega-Charizard X
  • Mega-Gardevoir
  • Mega-Heracross
  • Mega-LatiAs
  • Mega-Manectric
  • Mega-Medicham
  • Mega-Pinsir
  • Mega-Scizor
  • Mega-Slowbro
  • Mega-Swampert
  • Politoed
  • Reuniclus
  • Scolipede
  • Skarmory
  • Suicune
  • Tangrowth
  • Volcanion
  • Yanmega
  • Zapdos

Note: I have the thread on watch, no need to tag me when you post here for those affected.

~~

Round 2 will be posted as soon as I have responses from the 16 users who need to respond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)