The forgotten threat(RMT)

I feel dragonite is being hugely overlooked as a threat in DP, this team is built around a dragonite sweep.Aim is to weaken and shut down a team with status ,heatran and stealth rock, till their team cannot defend against dragonite using a DD and sweeping their team.

Gengar @ Adherence Scarf
Trait : Levitate
Nature : Modest
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis
- Destiny bond/Energy ball

I am not really sure on this pokemon but it fits the rest of the team well,stops spinners getting rid of my stealth rock,faster and ohkos starmie.Hypnosis helps disable their team so dragonite can sweep.Thunderbolt can stop gyrados from sweeping,energy ball for swampert and tyranitar.Destiny bond is a bit of a gimmick but being able to basically get rid of any pokemon in the game when i am low on health helps alot.

204 Atk / 270 Spd / 349 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Heatran@Choice Glasses

Overheat
Explosion
HP Grass/Electric
Dragon pulse

I know everyone has been running AScarf Heatran but i feel this is a bigger threat.With its typing and defences Heatran can easily switch in to a range of attacks from some of the most common pokemon then force a switch.
Once you predict the switch or if your faster predict a super effective hit or just use Overheat.
Overheat+Stab+349 special+Choice glasses does atleast minium of 40% to every single pokemon in the game except for thick fat snorlax and those with a 1/4 resistance.
Dragon pulse is for the dragons HP Grass OHKOs swampert and does around 70% to TTar,HP electric for gyarados. Explode will do 87-100% on standard blissey.
270 spd is for adament heracross and to outspeed gyrados before a DD.
1/4 resitance to ice helps dragonite and flash fire stops dusknoir WOWing dragonite.

Dragonite@Expert belt/Leftovers/Persim Berry
Lonely(+att,-def)
336hp/380 att/256spd/245 special def

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Thunderbolt

The evs allow it to survive an unstabbed ice beam from what seems to be the standard suicune and slowbro,both of which are always 2hko by a DD outrage.
Reaches 384 spd after a Dragon dance just enough to beat +spd weavile after the DD.
Thunderbolt will do about 75% to gyrados with thunderbolt and can ohko skarmory. It does more then a DD thunder punch to either of them.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 180 HP / 136 Atk / 192 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

I needed a spinner as stealth rock damages dragonite too much, decided to use this as opposed to starmie. Sets stealth rock to wear down opponents team . If i predict gengar or frosslass coming in to block the spin i just ohko them with gyro ball,if dusknoir comes in i switch out from the predictable WOW and allow heatran to fuck something up with 523 special+stab+overheat+flash fire. Earthquake for magnezone.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Ice beam/Protect
- Seismic toss

I needed a special wall and it was between this and cresselia,my team lacks any real recovery so i felt wish blissey was the best fit.Thunder wave stops azleaf from sweeping me and other faster special sweepers.

Starmie @ Life orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 116 Def / 216 Spd / 16 SAtk
- Recover
- Ice beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

This was added to cover alot of threats that rip this team apart.Bulky starmie for easier switch in whilst life orb means it can still do damage. Covers Garchomp,Gyarados,Physical Salamence/Dragonite and Infernape.

Tyranitar: Forry
Gyarados: Starmie
Infernape: Starmie
Azelf: Blissey
Rhyperior: Forry?
Electivire: Forry
Heracross: Between gengar,heatran and dragonite i think i have it covered
Salamence: Blissey if special,Starmie if physical
Togekiss: Blissey
Gengar: Blissey
Garchomp: Starmie
Raikou: Blissey
Lucario: Starmie?
Rampardos: Forry,Starmie
Tauros: Forry
Starmie: Blissey
Weavile: Heatran
Alakazam: Blissey,trick version isn't really going to stop heatran.
PorygonZ: Blissey
Medicham: Gengar+Heatran
Staraptor: Forry
Slowbro: Starmie
Jolteon: Bissey
Aerodactyl: Starmie
Sceptile:Heatran
Slaking: Gengar+Heatran
Metagross:Forry
Celebi: Dragonite,Heatran
Jirachi: Heatran
Manaphy:Blissey

You have some good ideas here, but there's a couple potential problems that ought to be addressed. One is that the major reason that people use Adherence Scarf Heatran is because of Dugtrio, otherwise Duggy traps and kills Heatran with ease while Duggy can survive most of its attacks on a switch-in. Heatran without Adherence Scarf or Beautiful Skin is massively Duggy weak, if it takes Heatran out there goes your 4x resistance to ice.

Dragonite doesn't really need Thunderbolt, as most things once +2 is reached are OHKOed by Outrage, with the sole exception being Jirachi / Skarmory / Metagross / Bronzong. If anything you should be carrying Flamethrower for them since it hits all of them for super-effective damage. That Dragonite also cannot survive Stone Edges very well given its Lonely nature and cannot 2HKO Rhyperior, so Rhyperior scares it off very well.

Forretress is not a counter to anything except DDtar, as Gyro Ball doesn't reach that magic 150BP against CBtar and doesn't do enough damage while it hammers you with STAB Stone Edge.

That Wish Blissey lacks Ice Beam, which is a big no-no since it is utterly obliterated by the ghosts of this gen.

That Starmie is better off going all-out attacking with Wisdom Glasses or Adherence Glasses, really, since you already have a spinner and two spinners is a bit much.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It just occured to me that Forretress is a pretty decent Electivire counter, so you're off the hook thinking a 270 speed Heatran can counter a faster pokemon expected to carry either Life Orb or Expert Belt and that has Earthquake in its standard set.

I guess you originally had IB on Blissey which is why you have 96 SpA EVs but you would take those off on Competitor or whatever so ok.

Also you cheated a little, your threat list is missing stuff like Suicune, Ninjask and Blissey at first glance. Suicune and Blissey probably aren't going to do all that much (thought you will probably have to sacrifice Heatran or Gengar to beat Suicune), but Ninjask might be a dick to your team if it predicts the evidently (from Jibaku and other current Wifi-ers) predictable as hell AS Gengar lead.

Just go Protect over Softboiled on Blissey, it will help immensely to scout CBers and Azelf Explosions and shit and it will still keep Blissey alive even if Wish+Protect is predictable cause what are they going to do about it

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
EVs: 204 Atk / 270 Spd / 349 SAtk
ok......
By looking at your team I find it hard for you to switch into CBStone Edges, while w/ prediction TTar can get in on Bliss and possibly Heatran

Maybe i shoud pay more attention when typing this shit blissey wasn't meant to have softboiled and electvire counter was meant to be forry even though it doesn't take thunderbolts well its the best i've got.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what can replace gengar i am really against using AS gengar.

Although he's nothing like Gengar, Swampert could work in his place.

Give him Roar to solve any problems you might encounter with Ninjask. Gives you a valuable Rock resist too. You could give him Stealth Rock, freeing up space for Spikes on Forry. Better protection against Electivire too, at least the non-HP Grass sets anyway.

Donphan would work since it won't need Rapid Spin you can give it Knock Off, which also helps with wearing stuff down for Dragonite.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm.... Forry Gyro Ball on CBTar:

If you're going to use Gyro Ball, ALWAYS use a 0 Speed IV and negative nature. This leaves Forry with 76 speed.

Gyro Ball power = Opponents speed * 25/Your Speed

CBTar usually has 221.

GBP = 221 * 25/76

GBP = 221 * 0.33

GBP = 72.

Yeah, not that great, even after STAB. Barely beats out EQ.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
More like "If you're going to use Gyro Ball, make sure you switch into a T-Wave". :]

Gyro Ball needs to be given more PP in D/P. Ex: the last time you use Trump Card in the PP alotted, the power is 150, what a rip off!

"Willis used Nasty Plot!"

"What you plottin about Willis?"

"Yo momma's horrid team on Netbattle, she gets her butt kicked!"

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
OK, the Nasty Plot joke is getting really old. I don't see why Forretress would be a Rhyperior counter because Solid Rock and high defense reduce anything Forretress throws at it to something like a crappy 5HKO while Rhyperior slays Forretress with STABed Earthquake.

Blissey isn't a Togekiss counter. If it runs 339 S.Atk+Hustle, Pulse Bomb will easily 2hko you... A lot of teams posted here are easily owned by it.. I've searched for some Togekiss counters lately, but the only thing which crossed my mind was Zapdos...

Why doesn't Hustle boost Pulse Bomb? Because Pulse Bombs ACC can't be lowered? Is any Attack that hits every time boosted by Hustle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)