The First Wheneverual Safari Festival: Better Late Than Never

I'm in! just gotta catch a couple more! And I've officially given up on Tauros and its 2% encounter rate with no synching! >_<

lol. the first one I ever caught was Adamant with decent IVs. I'm not in this but I've folowed the whole thing. I might join the next one though.... this should make some interesting warstories

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Well, I suppose now is as good a time as any to say this... There is another, as of yet unmentioned, prize in this tourney. However, entry for a chance to win this prize will be difficult to obtain, and this is why.

In order to be eligible, you must:
1. Agree with your partner that a warstory can be written about this battle. However, warstories may NOT be posted until both participants have been eliminated from competition (both winner and loser), to avoid giving away strategies, et al.
2. Work with your partner to write the warstory. I know, this will make the battle much slower, but take note of your HP and the effects on your Pokemon (status, weather, spikes) each turn. The two sides of information will be assembled in the final warstory by the two of you for the public to know exactly what's going on, so there is no need for guesswork at percentages when the final version is submitted.
3. Post each brain's inner workings. After each round, have each player give their comments as to what they were thinking, planning, and so on. Think that bar of HP was shorter than it really was when you tried for the last bit of damage for the KO? Tell us!

Hopefully, I'll be able to make a thread in Stark, if not, it'll be in Wi-Fi, being a compendium of the First Safari Festival's Warstories, a chronicle for all to see. The winners of this prize (i.e. pair of author/battlers) will be determined in a manner I have yet to fully decide upon, whether it be personal preference or most popular story as decided by the public.

TUSKATE IS IN.

Fear me.

In response to Lorak's above post, it gonna probably take an amazing prize for me to want to put that much effort into a warstory.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
TUSKATE IS IN.

Fear me.

In response to Lorak's above post, it gonna probably take an amazing prize for me to want to put that much effort into a warstory.
Only if kalimari_chowder fails to confirm, or if we get a crapton of other entries. The second bracket is rather dying, and KC's the only not to confirm yet.

It depends on your definition of amazing, really. The other reason it isn't listed as a prize is it isn't really Safari Zone related.

What? Was I not in the first bracket?

If you look on the fourth page, the list of people who are in that you posted has me as #9 in the first bracket and #1 in the second bracket.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
What? Was I not in the first bracket?

If you look on the fourth page, the list of people who are in that you posted has me as #9 in the first bracket and #1 in the second bracket.
I think it was something along the lines of me putting all the "maybes" in one bracket and the yes-es in another... I'll double-check.

EDIT: Oh, right. I added you after not seeing you on the first bracket, then I realized I already confirmed you. Never mind. :V

If someone who is not in the tourny, has their team done and wants to battle feel free to PM me, Id love a practice match or 2..

Sooo... this means I'm not allowed to participate in the tourney?

not that it looks like the second bracket will be even half full, but you can just do a half bracket, and someone will have an extra battle..

What I would *like* to do is have an unbiased hack-checker check each of the entrants' Pokemon, but that would be horribly time-consuming, and might not even catch some hacks, as is the lovely inevitability of Wi-Fi. So, if I don't enter this, as in we have 16 contestants, I'd like the entrants to PM me their team with moves, natures, exact IVs, etc.
I can attempt to fill that in on the tourney at least.
I've got experience checking for hacks as a moderator of Wi-fi battles/trades on another forum.

I think it's safe to assume most or all of the entrants won't be douchebags and hack, and if they do, I'll whoop their ass anyways >:]

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Just a reminder: you don't have to post warstories like that, it's just a offer at another prize. Those guidelines make for what I think would be a great read.

well...
guess what...
turns out the leafgreen wasn't mine..
my mom bought my little brother a new one xD
o well i don't think id make it back in :p

good luck everyone xD

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
well...
guess what...
turns out the leafgreen wasn't mine..
my mom bought my little brother a new one xD
o well i don't think id make it back in :p

good luck everyone xD
Y... yeah... um... Ask Harro. It's their choice, being as that's who got your slot. You were the first to sign up, after all...

nah i chose to drop out
i mean i could of just caught a bunch of pokemon in pearl if i thought i still wanted too
well good luck people :p

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
nah i chose to drop out
i mean i could of just caught a bunch of pokemon in pearl if i thought i still wanted too
well good luck people :p
Guess that makes you a Sandbag of the Super Smash Safari Festival: good for everyone to practice on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)