Signups
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

The First Smogon Doubles Tourney
Hosted by Coolking49

Rules and stuff:
Now that Pokemon Online has released, we are able to play double battles on a Smogon server. As such, a double battle tournament was of course, bound to arrive.
Rules

• Single Elimination Format
  • All matches are to be played on Pokemon Online
  • Self-KO Clause is on. If a player uses Explosion or Selfdestruct in a 1-1 situation, the player that used the move loses.
  • Evasion Clause
  • This is a 6v6 match. Not 4v4, 6v6.
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • This is a generation 4 tournament.
  • You must be playing in a 2v2 format (double battle)
The ban list is as follows:
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Lugia
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Giritina-O
Darkrai
Arceus
Manaphy
Shaymin-s

Salamence, Garchomp, Wobbufett, and Wynaut are not banned. All other gen 4 Ubers are.

Round 4 pairings (winners bolded)
If there is anything wrong with the pairings don't hesitate to tell me.

WardeN vs (Drcossack vs. Badal)
Alaka vs Eternal

The deadline is Febuary 18, 2011, at approximately 5pm at +5.5 GMT, give or take a couple hours.

Good luck

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
He isn't a real Dr., you don't have to capitalize the D :P

Sending a VM to Eternal now, want to play cossack in finals.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
We're never gonna be on at the same time due to timezone - deadline is way past, so give me the win like you did originally.

Hate to do this to badal, but I don't see another option.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've stayed up twice to extremes, yesterday you refused to give me a proper deadline to finish it, I stayed up pretty fucking late, if I got your timezone right,then it was 40 past noon. I have tried everything i can, to get this done. More than anything else i think i deserve the activity win
EDIT: I stayed up today too, I got school at like 6:10 and i need to get some sleep as I couldn't get enough yesterday, thanks to waiting for him. I waited AGAIN, its noon in his timezone and he isn't here. Don't blame me for asking for an activity win.

drcossack

I've stayed up twice to extremes, yesterday you refused to give me a proper deadline to finish it, I stayed up pretty fucking late, if I got your timezone right,then it was 40 past noon. I have tried everything i can, to get this done. More than anything else i think i deserve the activity win
EDIT: I stayed up today too, I got school at like 6:10 and i need to get some sleep as I couldn't get enough yesterday, thanks to waiting for him. I waited AGAIN, its noon in his timezone and he isn't here. Don't blame me for asking for an activity win.
I will blame you - the deadline was over a week ago. Before coolking caved into your selfish demands for ANOTHER extension (after getting another 5 days between round 4 and round 5), I got advanced, you didn't...and you appear to have a problem with that. If you can't accept the result that I got advanced over you, that isn't my problem. As I'm playing WardeN in a few hours (I had contacted him before the extension), I will not go out of my way to finish a match from the previous round after it was decided by the tournament host.

I will blame you - the deadline was over a week ago. Before coolking caved into your selfish demands for ANOTHER extension (after getting another 5 days between round 4 and round 5), I got advanced, you didn't...and you appear to have a problem with that. If you can't accept the result that I got advanced over you, that isn't my problem. As I'm playing WardeN in a few hours (I had contacted him before the extension), I will not go out of my way to finish a match from the previous round after it was decided by the tournament host.
Your post was posted at Feb 8th, 2011 12:43:41 PM

Badal was last online at: Last Activity: Feb 8th, 2011 12:02:20 PM

-------

How the hell do you guys miss each other?

drcossack

12 hour timezone difference.

Operating on the assumption that I advanced, WardeN wins since I had the wrong ability, but I can't blame anyone but myself for that.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you refuse to give me a time we can battle, I can't get it done. Even before the deadline. You made minimal effort to actually get it done. I deserve an activity win

drcossack

If you refuse to give me a time we can battle, I can't get it done. Even before the deadline. You made minimal effort to actually get it done. I deserve an activity win
You deserve nothing, you spoiled brat. The round 4 deadline was January 31st. It passed. Before your little tantrum, I got advanced. DEAL WITH IT.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I tried getting it done before it too idiot, I'm sorry you were busy watching SPL or didn't want to get it done when it was night for me. Don't fucking go rage. We got an extension, you fucking don't show up till like noon even yesterday or today. I can't do much except wake up early, you can't do it. Stay up late.. 3 FUCKING TIMES! and you don't show up. YOU ARE AT FAULT!

drcossack

You're missing the crucial part here: THE ROUND 4 DEADLINE PASSED. Coolking advanced me - why should I go out of my way to complete a match that doesn't matter?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Because he was nice enough to grant us an extension, so we CAN get it done, you don't, because you've already gotten it through a coinflip, so you avoid me, so you get the win no matter.

drcossack

Because the Tourney Director apparently said it matters?
I was advanced originally, but badal is being a gigantic crybaby, since he wanted (and got) ANOTHER extension. The 4-5 days between the round 4 deadline (where we still failed to get the match done) and the round 5 thread wasn't enough for him?

Come on guys, it´s freaking pokemon and we aren´t stupid children anymore. Same happened actually with me and Greysong. It was a coinflip after we missed each other several times and we´re both fine with it. Just keep going and forget about it guys.

Sorry Badal, but despite it looking like you were more active, coolking49's call for a coin flip wasn't an unreasonable one, especially after the extension. I know you tried hard to get the battle done and that timezones were a big issue, and I know that drcossack was not very receptive to your attempts to schedule the battle, but both of you were active for the whole time and the battle didn't get done. I don't think there has been any deliberate battle avoidance, so even though it does seem like you were the more active one, in the interest of the tournament continuing without even more delays, I will let coolking49's coin flip result stand, meaning the finals will be Alaka vs WardeN.

drcossack, please be more receptive to your opponents' attempts to schedule the battle, I saw some logs Badal showed me where you refused to give any sort of availability, which is not really acceptable, especially during an extension period.

Earthworm made the right call, but I also want to emphasize that it is unacceptable to go directly against a tournament host's ruling, drcossack. If you have issues with a host's ruling, contact a Tournament Director, don't just disregard it and play your match anyways. You have received a warning for doing so, and let this be a warning to everybody else not to do anything similar in the future.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Aww fuck, Meh its ok. Thanks for looking into it Earthworm. Thanks for hosting the tournament coolking. Good Luck Alaka and WardeN. Sorry drcossack.

drcossack

Earthworm made the right call, but I also want to emphasize that it is unacceptable to go directly against a tournament host's ruling, drcossack. If you have issues with a host's ruling, contact a Tournament Director, don't just disregard it and play your match anyways. You have received a warning for doing so, and let this be a warning to everybody else not to do anything similar in the future.
Sorry, but this is bullshit. I did not ignore the host's initial ruling, and I should not be held responsible if he backpedals on a decision so easily. If you check the time of my first post in this thread and my VM to wardeN, they were right after the other. An extension was not edited in until much later.

As for my lack of available times, there is not a hell of a lot I can do about a 12 hour timezone difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)