The Everything NHL Thread

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bruins steal a point out of nowhere, what a ridiculous game! Two empty net goals when the Bruins have been completely incompetent on the power play for years.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hawks are so bad at shootouts. Never confident when we are in them..
Dude why would you care? Your team is indestructible in regulation, losing those shootouts when you already get a point in the standings is a small price to pay for whatever deal the Hawks made with the gods of hockey. Meanwhile I'm stuck watching a team with less 5v5 goals than games played.:evan:

Also Ottawa is probably going to join Buffalo/Florida at the bottom of the East since their entire team is out with an Achilles.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Much as wins wise id rather be a good 5v5 team and bad on the power play, for my sanity id rather be able to at least score nearly as much on the power play as off... I dont know what it is that the bruins are so hilariously bad on the powerplay, its seriously embarassing for a good offensive team. If their penalty kill didnt make up for it, their special teams would be bad enough to pull them down a lot

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Much as wins wise id rather be a good 5v5 team and bad on the power play, for my sanity id rather be able to at least score nearly as much on the power play as off... I dont know what it is that the bruins are so hilariously bad on the powerplay, its seriously embarassing for a good offensive team. If their penalty kill didnt make up for it, their special teams would be bad enough to pull them down a lot
Didn't Boston have an 100% PK rate and 0% PP rate for the first 8 games or something?

Chicago has the best PK in the league IIRC, meanwhile they get 4 minutes of power plays in overtime and end up losing in a shootout.

what is this i dont even

I'm feeling pretty bad for Karlsson, season is done, so Ottawa's season goes down the toilet. No more Spezza and Karlsson for the season, Michalek is injured, and now Alfredsson and Gonchar have to step up for more time, and they can't do it much anymore due to their age.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Bruins have two regulation losses this season. Both have come to the Sabres, and both were third period comeback wins.

What?

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
IT'S THE TRUCULENCE DM BOSTON IS INTIMIDATED -1 ATK

But seriously, I just think the Sabres have more reason to "get up" for a game against the Bruins than Boston does for Buffalo. I didn't watch last night's game but I watched the other one and it just seems like the Sabres want to prove they can take a punch from the Bruins and deliver a blow back... on the scoreboard or otherwise.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its weird how the bruins have outscored opposition 11-1 (iirc thats what the numbers were but im not positive, it was somehting like that) in the 3rd period other than against the sabres... and the sabres have won the third solidly in both games in buffalo....

have the sabres been a good 3rd period team in general or is this just weird coincidence?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The Sabres haven't been fast starters since the President's Trophy season, back when all we did was score a shitload. Yeah, I saw the stat that the Bruins have given up 1 third period goal to teams not named the Sabres, while the Sabres have scored almost 10.

It's just supremely annoying to watch this team, because they're not like the Flames or Islanders or Wild that you just KNOW are going to be bad. This team HAS the talent, but aside from the top line, they only decide to use it every once in a while.

I know Quick is coming off of back surgery and three defensemen are injured, but that performance today was really shaky. Blackhawks are playing on another level right now, though, so I don't feel too bad about losing by one goal.

Everyone knows the Wild are a joke.
The Wild are a joke and a disgrace to the self-proclaimed "State of Hockey".

I would not be surprised if the Wild moved cities in 10-15 years when they want a replacement for the X. Then we would return to being to pro hockey what Alabama is to pro football: a talent hotbed that has no pro team. Though I didn't expect any success in the first place from this season. I actually didn't buy any of the hype.

Still holding out hope that they can at least be respectable instead of downright dreadful on the road, though. That win against the Wings tonight would've been a blowout by Detroit if it were played in Detroit.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Wild are a joke and a disgrace to the self-proclaimed "State of Hockey".

I would not be surprised if the Wild moved cities in 10-15 years when they want a replacement for the X. Then we would return to being to pro hockey what Alabama is to pro football: a talent hotbed that has no pro team. Though I didn't expect any success in the first place from this season. I actually didn't buy any of the hype.

Still holding out hope that they can at least be respectable instead of downright dreadful on the road, though. That win against the Wings tonight would've been a blowout by Detroit if it were played in Detroit.
Rofl you're fucking kidding me. The only reason why the North Stars moved was solely on the owner, not because the franchise itself was sinking. Minnesota is THE state of hockey; they're not moving any time soon.

They just play bad hockey a lot of the time.

Also love the reffing this season

RE: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Think Drouin surpasses MacKinnon in the draft this year, though behind Seth Jones who's going to be amazing in the future. Maybe the Oil tankers can hit another iceberg this season and draft the defence they've been so desperately looking for...?

Rofl you're fucking kidding me. The only reason why the North Stars moved was solely on the owner, not because the franchise itself was sinking. Minnesota is THE state of hockey; they're not moving any time soon.
Thing is, I've watched the Wild's attendance start to fall off over the past few seasons. The honeymoon for the Wild is over. We in Minnesota won't show up to support a perennial loser for long, even if it's in a sport we love. The North Stars moved due to both the ownership and poor attendance in the late '80s and early '90s due to some serious stinkers of seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)