The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJ is a fine pick if they have him as the highest rated QB, because the word is that the Eagles were looking to draft him.

If Buffalo had traded down or tried to draft him with their 2nd round pick, he probably wouldn't have been there.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And of course, the Steelers take the actual stud pass rusher who actually produced in college while teams like the Browns and Dolphins take the project athletes.

Ignore the 40 times and watch the tape. Jarvis Jones was the best player in CFB. Period. And the Steelers have him to replace James Harrison. It is almost unfair how that team preys off people's inability to draft. Most of their studs come at like the 12th pick or later.

A Steel, indeed.

Also Ryan Nassib just got fucking dissed. His entire college coaching staff now is with the Bills. And they passed on him for Chocolate Blaine Gabbert.

EJ is a fine pick if they have him as the highest rated QB, because the word is that the Eagles were looking to draft him.

If Buffalo had traded down or tried to draft him with their 2nd round pick, he probably wouldn't have been there.
Agreed. The Bills are desperate for a QB and they wanted to make sure they got their guy. They would have made a big mistake if they drafted Nassib or Barkley in the 1st round who imo are 3-5th round talents.

Giants will take Floyd to replace Canty

They like snatching up players who drop, and Floyd happens to be bpa

Sleeper pick is Arthur Brown

lol, according to killah he was the best player this draft. Don't know what happened. I really can't understand how workouts affect draft stock.QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know if I ever said that.

And of course, the Steelers take the actual stud pass rusher who actually produced in college while teams like the Browns and Dolphins take the project athletes.

Ignore the 40 times and watch the tape.

A Steel, indeed.
This is why some teams are perennially successful, and some teams draft in the top 10 every year. Jarvis played (and produced!) against the best players in the country; the only knock against him is a possible injury concern, which might be a legitimate reason but is probably not the real reason this many teams have passed on him.

Ughhh terrible pick. Ends the streak of not picking OL in first round. At least Diehl can burn now. So two consecutive years taking offensive players. What happened to the defense i used to love? Plus i only saw 2 Syracuse games.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Pugh is a solid player, but I'm really disappointed. I would have liked to nab Sharrif Floyd who was falling or maybe take Tank Carradine and improve the pass rush. Hell, I'd even pick Te'o first. Ah well IN REESE WE TRUST

Pugh is a solid player, but I'm really disappointed. I would have liked to nab Sharrif Floyd who was falling or maybe take Tank Carradine and improve the pass rush. Hell, I'd even pick Te'o first. Ah well IN REESE WE TRUST
Makes sense in a way. As, offensively, RT was the Giants only need. So the offense is taken care off... NOW WE NEED DEFENSE. DT, CB, DB, DE and LB in the Giants next 5 picks.

LBs are unimportant and we could take more OLmen in the 6/7 rounds.

WE TRADED UP AHEAD OF MIN

THIS MUST MEAN MANTI

IM GONNA CRY IF ITS MANTI
Getting tired of Teo being mentioned on mah tv. Would only take him in round 3 or higher.

who are the 40+ players you would take before teo?

edit: not saying you're not entitled to opinions about how good he is, but i will never understand comments like "i'd take him at best in the 3rd (or 4th or 5th)", as i doubt you actually know anything about projections, value, that many other players

I'm sad tonight.

Trufant is a high potential player and all, but trading up to get him over Floyd or Werner or Carradine is kind of frustrating

But Manti Te'O is still on the board O:-)

I'm sad tonight.

Trufant is a high potential player and all, but trading up to get him over Floyd or Werner or Carradine is kind of frustrating

But Manti Te'O is still on the board O:-)
The Falcons need Trufant more than Floyd or a DE. They can still get a DE in round 2 and use one of their 4ths on a DT. I dont think Trufant would have been there at 30. I dont like giving up a 3rd round pick but they got the player they wanted.

who are the 40+ players you would take before teo?

edit: not saying you're not entitled to opinions about how good he is, but i will never understand comments like "i'd take him at best in the 3rd (or 4th or 5th)", as i doubt you actually know anything about projections, value, that many other players
40 players? Giants only pick once every round dude. Of course i'd take him before round 40. I'd easily take ~10 players before Teo(roughly seven rounds, if there was a round 8 like in the old days). But again, LBs are not THAT important in a 4-3 and a team can easily create a group of ok LBs with low round picks. I've been saying it for months, Teo at round 3 would the highest i would like the Giants to take him. As the third round is high enough to get a "premium" LB like Teo. 3rd round is plenty high.

Still after thinking about it Giants should just pass on him to use the picks on developmental OLmen or LBs like Sean Porter.

the way you worded it seemed like a general sense of if you had control of a team you wouldnt take teo til 3rd round no matter which team...your meaning doesn't make much sense because there's not very much of a chance he would even be available in round 3 or higher for the giants to even pick. if you're saying i wouldn't take him until the third round and you just mean the giants, then just say i hope the giants dont waste their pick on him instead of making confusing posts when responding to a fan of a different team...

That was an ongoing thing with YTP. I've been telling him round 3 since WAY before Bama-ND. I thought he was exposed against NFL caliber OL but he thinks Teo as legit(post Bama-ND). I think he sucks and is overrated. Reminding him of that.

Vikings trade for the Patriots' 1st round pick with their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th round picks. In a draft as deep as this, it's crazy to trade that many picks for one guy.

Patterson should be good in the NFL, but the Patriots will prove to get the better end of this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)