The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesnt work like that when it isn't true
A) loltheirony

B) I said it after a drive where he marched down the field without throwing it deeper than nine yards and got the TD on a WR screen.

WB Edit: Did I or did I not say in big bold letters that the comments about racism were not going to be tolerated anymore?

Because Griffin doesn't routinely do the same thing. Censorship doesn't change the truth. I hope you realize how ridiculous editing my post was. Yondie said something completely ridiculous and I pointed it out.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I edited your post because you inserted yet another racism accusation where there absolutely was no cause for one. Yondie did not once in his post even hint at race being a factor in his opinion, and you blatantly ignored my warning a few pages back. You can point out the "ridiculousness" of others' posts without playing the race card.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Look at Tom Brady inflating his stats with short throws to wide open receivers. He's nothing but a game manager at this point in his career. I think he even used play action a few times this game. Jeez.
LOL

"the only thing Tom Brady does is read coverage and complete passes to wide receivers, what a terrible quarterback!"

Are you haters serious right now? bahahahahah, you know you're good when you make it look this easy.

Tom Brady #1 playoff wins leader as a QB

Your post is almost as bad as Phil Simms saying "Schaub wasn't fooled by Ninkovich, he was just deceived by the linebacker's play"

I think you don't understand how racism and racial bias work. I dont think Yondie has any malice in his heart. But the idea that the black guy is gaining some undue advantage from his athleticism that makes his accomplishments less impressive while the white guy is some kind of intellectual who shuns the less skillful style of his black counterpart and takes on the task with only his mind is clear racial bias.

@j7r Did you seriously miss the entire point of my post?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
New England, this is exactly how I wanted it. Fucking revenge time!

Honestly, I don't think Raven's have a shot if were being realistic. 90% of Flacco's yards were from heaving the ball down the field to the right sideline and hoping a reciever caught it, no way Bellicheck will let that happen again. If Ray Rice gets going though, then who knows.

But the Pats offense is just too damn good lol.

I think you don't understand how racism and racial bias work. I dont think Yondie has any malice in his heart. But the idea that the black guy is gaining some undue advantage from his athleticism that makes his accomplishments less impressive while the white guy is some kind of intellectual who shuns the less skillful style of his black counterpart and takes on the task with only his mind is clear racial bias.

@j7r Did you seriously miss the entire point of my post?
It's only like that because you're making it like that. Maybe you're the racist!

It's only like that because you're making it like that. Maybe you're the racist!
Boom!

Where are all the Falcon haters now? I always believed they were going to win. No but seriously, the Hawks need to fix that last minute defense. It happened against the Bears too. It was almost as bad as the Broncos safety.

EDIT: Can we talk about how lucky the 49ers are? Only 8 games missed by their starters. Its insane. At least Kapp isn't a limited checkdown machine stealing the defenses' credit. He actually contributes by not just keeping down the TOs. Makes them more likeable actually.

Boom!

Where are all the Falcon haters now? I always believed they were going to win. No but seriously, the Hawks need to fix that last minute defense. It happened against the Bears too. It was almost as bad as the Broncos safety.

EDIT: Can we talk about how lucky the 49ers are? Only 8 games missed by their starters. Its insane. At least Kapp isn't a limited checkdown machine stealing the defenses' credit. He actually contributes by not just keeping down the TOs. Makes them more likeable actually.
Uh yeah that and the fact that he just had one of the greatest playoff performances of all-time.

@Stone: I don't know bro, Brady looked pretty bad on some plays today. As much as I want my Patriots to win I have a bad feeling they are going to be demolished by Baltimore just like the 2009-10 playoffs. Hopefully Pats can pull through though.

I'd actually rather face Keepernick than Russell Wilson now that I think about it. Keepernick's success was mainly from designed running plays. Russell Wilson created a lot of those nice runs by himself. The real matchup problem will come with defending Vernon Davis. Hopefully Mike Nolan can scheme up something better than what we saw today.

Also CK I told you we would be able to run the ball.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think following the interception Matt Ryan just went to shit, and so did the rest of the team, the pressure got to him. I mean look at the punt that they did after the field goal, you cannot tell me that is reminiscent of a 13-3 number 1 seed team. In short, I think it was more the occasion than either Wilson (Lynch was shit today) or the Atlanta D.

Wilson was godly today though, to think he brought back 21 points unanswered against the number 1 seed in 1 quarter as a rookie is unheard of.

If I were the Patriots I'd feel very confident. I don't really see the Ravens doing shit against them. And as long as the Niners aren't in the Super Bowl, it's all theirs.

Yeah, basically I think the Ravens are pretty screwed and then I think the Patriots win versus the Falcons and lose versus the 49ers, while I think the Falcons-49ers game will be a 49ers blowout.

So with that in mind I think it's pretty clear what I think will happen.

Pats are without Gronk the rest of the playoffs though. While their offense is still absurd without him, it definitely hurts them, and if Ravens can get hot on D it could get interesting.

Honestly I think the Falcons played very nervously today, especially Matt Ryan since it was his first playoff victory. I expect them to play much better next week against the 49ers.

Also YTP, the Falcons should focus on Crabtree rather than Vernon Davis, because if they tackle as poorly as they did today, Crabtree will have a field day.

Honestly I think the Falcons played very nervously today, especially Matt Ryan since it was his first playoff victory. I expect them to play much better next week against the 49ers.

Also YTP, the Falcons should focus on Crabtree rather than Vernon Davis, because if they tackle as poorly as they did today, Crabtree will have a field day.
I think this is fair if you only look at the second half. They were almost flawless in the first half (interception + a couple plays to Miller the TE) but played terribly in the 3rd/4th quarters. I can't imagine the feeling Tony Gonzalez must have had on the sidelines towards the end of the game.

Honestly, I don't think Raven's have a shot if were being realistic. 90% of Flacco's yards were from heaving the ball down the field to the right sideline and hoping a reciever caught it, no way Bellicheck will let that happen again. If Ray Rice gets going though, then who knows.

But the Pats offense is just too damn good lol.
You can't coach defenses to defend those kinds of passes. That second touchdown to TS, when Champ was neck and neck defending him and he just kind of stopped and caught the ball - you can't defend that! Sure, I guess you can have the safeties play extra deep, but the tight ends/Ray would probably just light them up if they did that. If this is what Flacco can do, Belichick has to make sure to get him off his rhythm early and hope that he reverts to 200 yards/game Flacco. He's got his work cut out for him.

So, is Atlanta's defense bad, or is Seattle's offense just that good?
Since I was at the game I'm not sure how much they discussed it on TV, but Abraham (the Falcons' best and only pass rusher) missed the second half and the end of the first half. This allowed Wilson to get a ton of time in the pocket (often 5-6 seconds at LEAST, several instances of 10+ seconds). The secondary, Atlanta's strength, can't cover guys for that long! There was literally one play where one of the Seahawks WR ran a go pattern 50+ yards upfield, then turned around and ran back about 20 yards and caught a pass from Wilson about 10 seconds after the play started. Whenever we blitzed, Wilson did a fantastic job of reading it and throwing it to the hot route, and usually the linebacker we sent was the guy that'd normally cover #86 Miller who proceeded to get like 150 yards on us.

Don't mean to make this sound rant-y or anything, but by the middle of the fourth quarter I was cursing Mike Nolan's name for everyone to hear. He called a fantastic first 1.5 quarters, and did terribly from then out. Atlanta's defense was definitely bad this game (as if the 500 yards didn't indicate that).

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ Stone - isn't that what everyone said pre Broncos game?

@ jrrrrrrr - right back at you man :-) always love seeing our teams go head to head, especially as we end up so evenly matched in any given year.

I wonder what Capt. Kirby will do if the Super Bowl is Falcons-Ravens. Two teams he endlessly trashed the entire season. Will he become a social recluse? Will he ever admit he's wrong? Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)