The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

Same yards as Chad Henne who was throwing to BRANDON FUCKING MARSHALL....Behind Shaun Hill throwing to FUCKING MEGATRON....
Bradford threw to nobodies....he actually went positive in his td-int ratio which is always impressive for a rookie. He took a lot of sacks, but still less than others...in his rookie season..on the RAMS.....
To say he's not epic is just ignorant.
He should have had the worst stats in the league...he's a ram, a rookie, and threw way too many times. But he still beasted 7 wins.
What, are you retarded? "Because they're the Rams" is not a valid argument for anything! It may surprise you, but the Rams have had some pretty great teams, and you only have to look back a few years to see that.

If you knew anything, you'd realize that Marshall barely had 1/4 of his team's reception yardage (27%). Calvin Johnson was hardly better with only 28% of his team's reception yardage. Not only that, but his 3 biggest games this past year were with Drew Stanton and Matthew Stafford as his QBs, not Shaun Hill, whom he averaged significantly less yards/game with.

As I posted before, he did not "beast to 7 wins" but rather contributed to more losses than he did wins. Certainly Bradford's receiving core is significantly weaker than other teams', but you cannot say he is a great quarterback for putting up mediocre stats with a less-than-mediocre group.

And what do you mean, "He should have the worst stats in the league." He's in the bottom half in pretty much all of them except yardage and attempts! 25th in passer rating, 20th in completion %, 30th in yards/attempt, 18th in passing TDs, tied for 9th most interceptions, tied for 5th most sacks, and 19th in yards/game. The only things Bradford has in his favor are his 18/15 TD-Int ratio (Never anything wrong with anything over 1) and the fact that he's a rookie. The only things going against him are everything else I listed and the fact that he had one of the leagues easiest schedules this year.

It "looks like" you're wrong!

Well, there's a 3rd person to throw on the ignore list till they get banned...even if it's 1 of 2 people that got banned already.

Definitely excited for the Super Bowl tomorrow, I'm actually hoping we see overtime so Papa John's can honor that free pizza :D

What, are you retarded? "Because they're the Rams" is not a valid argument for anything! It may surprise you, but the Rams have had some pretty great teams, and you only have to look back a few years to see that.

If you knew anything, you'd realize that Marshall barely had 1/4 of his team's reception yardage (27%). Calvin Johnson was hardly better with only 28% of his team's reception yardage. Not only that, but his 3 biggest games this past year were with Drew Stanton and Matthew Stafford as his QBs, not Shaun Hill, whom he averaged significantly less yards/game with.

As I posted before, he did not "beast to 7 wins" but rather contributed to more losses than he did wins. Certainly Bradford's receiving core is significantly weaker than other teams', but you cannot say he is a great quarterback for putting up mediocre stats with a less-than-mediocre group.

And what do you mean, "He should have the worst stats in the league." He's in the bottom half in pretty much all of them except yardage and attempts! 25th in passer rating, 20th in completion %, 30th in yards/attempt, 18th in passing TDs, tied for 9th most interceptions, tied for 5th most sacks, and 19th in yards/game. The only things Bradford has in his favor are his 18/15 TD-Int ratio (Never anything wrong with anything over 1) and the fact that he's a rookie. The only things going against him are everything else I listed and the fact that he had one of the leagues easiest schedules this year.

It "looks like" you're wrong!
if you think Bradford had a bad season then you're dumber than a sack of (BAN ME PLEASE)s. Seriously.
That's a cool statline you posted abut Marshall and Megatron...funny thing about them is they get double covered every game....Danny Amendola does not.
I know the Rams had good teams in the past....especially their 1-15 season last year.

And trust me, I know way more about football than you ever could...so don't even think you could compete with my superiority.

and yes..."Because they're the Rams is a valid argument." they're bad.

so it "looks like" you and Shinryu should go double suicide because you're both terrible at football ANYTHING.

Ban me...I'll be back. Not hurting me any. You're better off letting me stay. But oh well.
FUCK (BAN ME PLEASE)SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i'm pretty appalled that no one has brought up the point that there are literally almost zero other offensive rookies worth considering.

only two other players even earned votes. mike williams (TB WR) earned 4 votes and maurkice pouncey (the guy everyone was worried would play or not tomorrow) earned 2 votes.

looking at the RBs, mathews was injured and sucked most of the year, spiller was injured and never started, and i think best played with turf toe most of the year. he never eclipsed 80 yards rushing or 20 carries in a game and his only notable game was the philly game in week 2, where he scored a 75 yard receiving touchdown (9 catches, 154 yards total) and ran for 78 yards and 2 TDs on 17 carries. he only scored one TD the rest of the season.

none of the other QBs started the majority of their games.

dez bryant wasn't really a focal point of the cowboys passing attack all year, and he was injured for the final quarter of the year.

demaryius thomas was also injured and didn't play in 7 games.

honestly you could just look at the 2010 draft and see that there really were very few offensive skill players taken in the early rounds. a pretty weak draft in that regard.

mike williams put up some nice statistics (65 catches, 964 yards, 11 TDs) but if we are looking at him in the grander scheme of all WRs, he was probably mediocre at best and benefited from being a good QB's only decent option. on football outsiders, you can see that josh freeman ranks 9th among all quarterbacks in both DYAR and DVOA. traditional statistics also show that freeman had a great year. williams, on the other hand, had a negative DVOA and only caught 50% of his pass targets, which is not very good at all for a #1 receiver. i don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that mike williams is an average-to-decent receiver playing with a good-to-great quarterback. the rest of the receiving corp was pretty weak too.

i'm going to try not to homer about pouncey but i will say that losing him for the super bowl is a huge blow to our already below average-to-bad offensive line and could very well mean the difference between winning and losing the game. he made all the line calls, and that would have been very vital against the packers' 3-4 blitz schemes...honestly, i believe pouncey would be the offensive rookie MVP of the year, and i will probably be proven right in the super bowl, although doug legursky really isn't that bad of a replacement option...causing safeties with botched snaps notwithstanding. :pirate: pouncey was even voted into the pro bowl as the alternate behind nick mangold. i think it's very reasonable to say that pouncey was the best offensive rookie all year. part of that was pouncey panning out to be a good (and probably great, eventually) center, part of that being the rest of the class sucking ass.

but, of course, voting a center the offensive rookie of the year would have been a pretty unsexy selection, especially with the #1 draft pick being a quarterback that didn't totally suck this year.

as far as bradford goes, he did set NFL rookie records for completions and passing yards. yeah, he did it because he threw an extraordinary amount of times, but voters aren't going to ignore that kind of stuff when the rest of the rookie class is so ridiculously weak and there is basically no serious competition for the award. it's pretty obvious that bradford didn't play very well for an NFL quarterback, but as far as rookies go, he played fairly well.

anyways, this bradford argument is getting really retarded now. i think everyone can agree that bradford will probably be at least a good QB a few years from now, and that he threw the ball way too many times, and his stats are inflated because of that. it should be pretty obvious that bradford was more of a caretaker/game manager than anything. it's not like he was posting 3 TD games every other week. come on guys. get real.

just because you like the guy and think he's going to be a great one (he very well could be) doesn't mean he fucking tore the league up his rookie year. he managed to be competent in a bad offense, and that in itself is an achievement. just because the rest of the offense is bad doesn't mean bradford is AMAZING OMGWTF for not putting up <insert massive draft bust here> numbers. he played well for a rookie, but below average for an NFL starter.

anyway it's starting to become more and more apparent that whoever Cant Ban THIS or whoever is probably trolling everyone and wasting everyone's time making logical arguments/raging because of him. but whatever, it keeps this thread alive, i guess.

finally, go steelers.

People are making a big deal about Pouncey being out, but they have had 2 weeks to prepare without him, and the Packers have made it this far with a ton of players on IR. Good teams overcome injuries.

How does comparing Bradford to how he was as bad as other quarterbacks help? So he was only a little worse than Chad Henne and Shaun Hill, guys that the other teams are extremely unhappy to have starting? Has there ever been a worse point made in this entire thread???

No Steeler, the Bradford argument did not get retarded. Mercy trolled us with blunt ignorance (and I mean this in the "he knows he does not have facts, continues to claim he does anyway" sense, not saying he is stupid; if he were stupid he would have just said "u mad"). Killah knocked all that out of the part. Anyway, Bradford was a negative value. Surely someone was a positive value on some offense...I do not even mind if it is a kicker if there was anything like that, just not someone who was a bad influence :/ there has to be someone...

Steeler, the one rookie you forgot about is LeGarrette Blount from Tampa Bay. He went undrafted, but still eclipsed 1000 yards rushing despite not starting the first 5 games and only having 201 carries. I have little doubt that he would have won the award had he started the entire year. I've also thought that Pouncey was incredibly vital and incredibly overlooked on the Steelers this year, and probably deserved more votes than he got. Still, it's hard for the voters for RotY/MVP/any other general award not to vote for QBs these days, and they're not necessarily wrong.

Oh, I thought this was interesting too. Prior to 2003, the Offensive RotY award was given to 29 Running Backs, 7 Wide Receivers, and only 1 Quarterback. Since then, the award has gone to 2 Running Backs (Cadillac Williams and AP), 1 Wide Receiver (Percy Harvin), and 4 QBs (Big Ben, VY, Matt Ryan, and Bradford).

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
People are making a big deal about Pouncey being out, but they have had 2 weeks to prepare without him, and the Packers have made it this far with a ton of players on IR. Good teams overcome injuries.
The fat men win games. Having the best one out vastly hurts your chances of winning.

No Steeler, the Bradford argument did not get retarded. Mercy trolled us with blunt ignorance (and I mean this in the "he knows he does not have facts, continues to claim he does anyway" sense, not saying he is stupid; if he were stupid he would have just said "u mad"). Killah knocked all that out of the part. Anyway, Bradford was a negative value. Surely someone was a positive value on some offense...I do not even mind if it is a kicker if there was anything like that, just not someone who was a bad influence :/ there has to be someone...
Lol, what? I wasnt trolling, just stating my opinion. You misinterpreted my original post and thats were the arguement started. And there wasnt any facts just stats. Because the general consensus around the NFL was that Bradford had a very good rookie season and was a big part in the Rams improvement. That is all.

You replied to a bunch of statistical and fact laden posts with "statistics and facts do not matter". This is trolling. I never said it was the humorous kind.

Blount for rookie of the year, sounds great to me.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i'm liking heads for the coin flip, with the winning team electing to kick.

anyone else want to bet on stupid stuff?

edit: YEAH BITCHES HEADS AND THE PACKERS KICKED WHAT NOW

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
can the black eyed peas just fucking go away

they are really tired at this point

and haven't they done a SB before in VERY recent memory

and if fergie covers another 80s classic rock song i'm ordering a fucking hit on her

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey I'm the Steelers, I need injuries to get back into games (to pro bowlers when said team has already been raped by injuries) and I fake injuries myself to lull the defense into a false sense of security.

can the black eyed peas just fucking go away

they are really tired at this point

and haven't they done a SB before in VERY recent memory

and if fergie covers another 80s classic rock song i'm ordering a fucking hit on her
They did the Grey Cup a few years ago (Canada's football game), and I believe it was just as bad.

Punt from the 40, Steelers winning this game now.

p.s. Fergie and Slash should be exterminated so that can never happen again.

Green Bay is slowly choking away their 18 point lead, and I guess by slowly I mean extremely quickly, and now by 18 i mean 4...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)