The Cutest Sprites and Models

We have a worst Pokemon sprites thread, but I thought, what about those sprites or models that just get you so excited because they are so ADORABLE!

One of my favorites is probably Spheal. It's so cute! Spheal is adorable on its own, but this sprite makes it so cute! <3

Gleeb

I could, but why?
Well there are some pretty good candidates, like the Gold sprite for Marill,

the Gold sprite for Vulpix,

and pretty much every sprite for Eevee, my favorite is this one from Platinum.

But I think the one that takes the take is none other than the back sprite for Tangela from Silver. I mean look at this thing

if that's not cute, I don't know what is.

I've always loved Altaria, but Mega Altaria just made it cuter:

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also love Slakoth's Gen VI model:

It looks so peaceful and happy just lying there, the living embodiment of a lazy day.
Also, sloths are some of the cutest things in the universe, especially baby sloths.

These are some of my all-time favourite sprites of some of my all-time favourite Pokemon:

FRLG Ivysaur

DP Ivysaur
Ivysaur ranks very very high in my favourite Pokemon list. I love the colours and poses and think these two sprites do it justice.

Crystal Oddish
Oddish has special value for me. When I broke with my father, all my Pokemon cards were left at his place. I thought I didn't have any left, until my mother and I moved to a different city a few years ago, and were sorting out old drawings. In between those drawings was one Oddish Pokemon card. It's the only one I have left, and reminds me of childhood. This sprite also reminds me of childhood in that way. It's almost naïve (and I mean that in a good way) how it is wiggling its little feet back and forth like that. Unaware of the battles that await. I love it.

Platinum Psyduck
It manages to look dopey AND cute at the same time.

Crystal Poliwhirl
It has a very dynamic pose and animation. The way it blinks its eyes afterwards is incredibly cute as well.

FRLG Weepinbell
This sprite manages to capture the dopeyness of Weepinbell very well. Unlike its other sprites, this one doesn't imitate Edvard Munch's The Scream and also doesn't remind of sex-faces.

Crystal Victreebel
I like this sprite at lot for its colours and interesting pose.

Silver Farfetch'd

XY Farfetch'd
The Silver Farfetch'd has a very cool pose, while retaining the essence of Farfetch'd. The pose of the XY model perhaps looks like nothing special, but the feeling is just right for this model as well. At least, it feels like that to me. It looks determined and stubborn, but in the end it's just a bird carrying a leek stick around... and getting away with it! Farfetch'd is weird, but confident in being weird. I want to be like Farfetch'd :]

HGSS Gastly
I reaaaaaally love how the designers handled its magical gas here. Looks incredible, menacing, and still with a hint of playfulness.

Crystal Gengar
Gengar is looking incredibly dangerous and evil here. I love it :]

DP Tangela
This sprite actually gets its tangles right, the result is very cute and quirky.

XY Mr. Mime
Okay, you can say whatever you want about how creepy this is, but I think it is an incredibly effective portrayal of Mr. Mime. At first I was also creeped out, but now I like it so much I have used it in my Pokemon Y playthrough. It is certainly a very intriguing model.

Gold Gyarados
It is like it was speeding angrily through the water when suddenly noticing you and, without anything else to attack, preparing to unleash all its wrath onto you. It is very effective.

RB Ditto
This Ditto manages to look sort of slimey/gooey, which makes it more believable that it can alter its appearance. It also has a very interesting pose, which is particularly special as it is normally portrayed as just a shapeless blob.

HGSS Cyndaquil
It still has fire ;] It also looks incredibly cute with its eyes perpetually closed, and in this particular sprite they are slanted in a way that makes it seem like it is making the ^^ face.

Gold Totodile
Totodile looks playful, cool, and cute all at the same time!

Crystal Lugia

HGSS Lugia
Both have a very strong and beautiful pose. They look powerful, while still having the sort of Psychic-feeling associated with the mysterious type.

XY Ho-Oh
This model makes Ho-Oh look very majestic, and... well... Legendary. In its previous generation sprites it looked a bit too awkward and quirky for me (not really fitting for a cover legend imo), so this XY model satisfied my need for a majestic Ho-Oh very nicely. One of the few 6th Generation 'soaring'-models that I like a lot :]

Platinum Lotad
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! And quirky. Look at its eyes! It's like it doesn't really know what to do with you having been encountered unexpectedly.

XY Lombre
Lombre is perfect. Lombre doesn't care about anything. New hat? Boring. New shoes? Boring. New Pokeballs? Not interested. Specially made juice from the Juice Shoppe just for you? Well, whatever... Lombre's attitude towards life always puts a smile on my face whenever I encounter it in-game :]

XY Mega-Mawile
WOW. Before 6th Generation, I had never paid much attention to Mawile. It was just one of those Pokemon you knew existed, but you don't have any positive or negative feelings about it. It's just there. And then Mega-Mawile was introduced and I was blown away. I love this model and Mawile's Mega-design for its combination of power, wickedness, rebelliousness, and cuteness.

RS Roselia
This is perhaps the most beautiful Pokemon ever. That doesn't have to mean that I like it most, but I certainly appreciate its elegance and beauty. In this particular sprite, these features are especially well-captured. I also like its roses a lot, and the shading and colours are interesting as well.

XY Cacnea
It looks like it is dancing! By now you might know how I especially like Pokemon designs that capture a combination of cute and cool, not just one or the other. I also like quirky-looking Pokemon. This model and Pokemon have all of that, so naturally I like them quite a lot. I have also used one in my Alpha Sapphire game, but it has evolved into a Cacturne now, so the cuteness had unfortunately lessened, and it has lost its quirky crown and roundness. But I still love it of course :]

RS Chimecho
I have caught and kept a Chimecho in my Active PC Box in every game I have played so far, as a good luck charm. This sprite is the one I like best, because you can sort of see how it is a bell and how it levitates. I get a lucky feeling from this Chimecho sprite when looking at it, and it is a cute and happy design.

XY Latios
I never expected to like this new Latios model so much. The colours look calmer than in previous Generations, which suits its personality very well in my opinion. It also has a calm and natural pose, which is a nice improvement when comparing this model to other Generations' sprites as well. I have always liked Latios, and it is good to finally be able to see it presented in a way that feels fitting to me.

Platinum Chingling
Chingling looks cute and traditional. Like Chimecho, they give me a lucky and positive feeling whenever I look at them. Chingling is a bit quirkier than its evolution, which I like, and it retains much cuteness. I like it a lot, and it makes me smile :]

XY Gible
Quirky and cute! Gible looks ready to nom your head (or anything's head for that matter) at any second :]

Platinum Garchomp
"How do like them apples?!"

XY Rotom
The way it is sort of having electric spasm is a very nice addition to its design and it looks very playful and defiant here, an attitude that I like a lot.

XY Greninja
To be honest, I don't know anyone who doesn't like Greninja. Its design is cool, and Greninja's poses and animations convey the ninja-theme very well in my opinion. Also, I really like its tongue scarf, it is a very interesting touch to the design.

XY Fletchling
Best design for the early bird-catch ever! (at least to me). The colours set it apart from the other early-birds, it piqued my interest right away, from the first time it was revealed in CoroCoro. I also like its diagonal domino tail (reminding me of the Kalos hat feathers in trainer customization), and the little yellow detail next to its eyes.

XY Gogoat
Another design that was revealed very early on, and transitioned to 3D model just as well as Fletchling. I really like Gogoat, and with its dark green leaves and de-saturated browns it conveys a feeling of mountain scenery, which fits it nicely.

XY Trevenant
I have to admit that I would have liked to see a more truthful tree-bark structure on its brown-coloured tree-parts, but nonetheless, this looks awesome and spooky. Trevenant's pose, with its arms stretched out like that, looks haunting. I also like the haunted forest and living trees / Ents concept in general.

Props to you if you took the time to actually read all of that :b

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
"Play with me, or I'll hose you down with water."
Looks like it's thinking up something diabolical.

I've always thought Gible was cute in its own quirky way. Shame his sprite was butchered in Platinum

Another weird, but strangely cute Poke. Carnivine needs more love imo.

To all those who are currently catching legendaries in their games, NO RESETTIN!

Duude!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)