The Crescendolls

Hey there! Gen 6 has been out for a pretty long time now (even though it doesn’t feel like it) and I still haven’t done a RMT yet! Ofc this would have to be an OU RMT because the metagame is incredible. I love it. Building teams has never been this hard and interesting. There is a lot of room for creativity and weather is (mostly) gone, so what else do you want? Honestly, I don’t have a lot of accomplishments with this team, since it is rather bad but I like it a lot and I would really like to see it improved too! It also fits best with the title, The Crescendolls, which is an amazing song from Daft Punk. Once I was listening to One More Time (one of my all-time favorite songs) on YouTube, and was watching the amazing video like usual. But this time I did look up where the video came from, and it came from the movie Interstella 5555, which features no dialogue but only Daft Punk songs from their album Discovery. If you have an hour spare, you should watch it! If not, just listen to the first 3 songs while reading this RMT, since they’re probably the best anyway.

Pokemons are named after characters in the movie~

Beryl (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
Power Whip

The return of Ferrothorn. You barely see it on the ladder nowadays, probably due to the rain nerf. Ferrothorn remains an excellent pokemon, and one of the best spikes setters in this metagame. Ferrothorn easily puts up spikes and keeps them there. Thanks to a decent attack and 2 powerful STAB moves you’ll think twice before switching in. Even with Max Special Defensive investment it can take on Physical Dragons locked in Outrage etc. I could probably tweak on the EVs a little, but I’m generally too lazy to make up good EV spreads. The Sleep Powder nerf helps Ferrothorn out and makes it that it can just Spike in front of Mega Venu (fuck offensive HP Fire), Amoonguss,... Leech Seed is a nice way to annoy offensive pokemon and is more useful than Protect. Ferrothorn remains a great pokemon and it easily smashes the few rain teams you’ll see on ladder.
Ferro is named Beryl because their mouth kinda looks alike, and I was running out of character at this point.

Arpegius (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
U-turn

Mandatory Physical wall + SR setter for this team, otherwise I would get run over by Char X and Talonflame. Pretty Standard set, I needed all the defense I could get and Speed EVs really aren’t necessary. U-Turn still grabs the momentum like it should, and Earthquake is a pretty strong STAB. Not much to say about Lando, it’s good at its role and that’s basically it. I tried a Double booster set at one point with SR > Spikes on Ferro, but that didn’t work out too well. Landorus works best when you use the defensive variant.
Arpegius is like Landorus-T, just rockin his way through everything.

Earl (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
King's Shield

Aegislash is the kind of pokemon that fits everywhere, thanks to a great typing and stats. It can also act as a decent spinblocker. Shadow ball with max investment hits pretty damn hard and Shadow Sneak + King’s Shield are standard. I chose Sacred Sword because it has the most utility in my opinion, and killing Chansey/Blissey/Bisharp etc is really useful, especially Bisharp since it’s a big threat to the team. Not really sure about the EV spread, I wanted the bulk so that’s that.
Not surprising that Aegislash is Earl, the bad guy in the movie.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Surf / Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Latias <3. How did this pokemon drop to UU? It’s literally amazing. I use it in all my teams. I remember I had 5 pokemon in my team, but I was scared that Mega Venu would smash me and I wanted a bulky levitater so I started off with Brave Bird Mandibuzz lol. It didn’t take me very long to see how bad it was, and then I suddenly remembered Latias existed, and it has yet to disappoint me. Standard attacker really, except with Surf > Defog, because Defog on a team with SR + Spikes isn’t exactly great, but it’s still handy nonetheless. Surf is also a great way to punish Scizor, Mega Mawile, Genesect who think they can switch in and that way it also checks Heatran. Draco Meteor to smack things and Psyshock for fighting types/Mega Venu. Latias is a great pokemon overall that can check a lot of dangerous pokemon while remaining a dangerous attacker herself.
Ok, Latias is Octave, but you have to remember that this was originally a Mandibuzz so then it makes at least a little more sense right? (He’s black in ‘human form’)

Shep (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Quick Attack

Terrakion :]. Terrakion is a powerful pokemon, and even though Aegislash exists now, Terrakion can still fuck you up. Base 108 speed is still great to outspeed Mega Pinsir, Charizard and the like. Terrakion was added because it can easily take advantage of Absol’s wallbreaking. Stone Edge + Close Combat are very strong, and only a handful of pokemon can switch in. Terrakion is an excellent pokemon, but if SubSalac or regular SD were still as good as last gen, there isn’t any doubt I’d used that instead. This gen was p hard on Terrakion, but LO attacker is a nice new set it can use too, but I prefer the raw power of choice band. Straightforward EVs, 4 Def for the Special Attack boost for Genesect.
Terrakion is Shep, the hero of the movie.

Stella (Absol) (F) @ Absolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
Knock Off

Here she is. Here is the star. Hate me for using it in OU, but Mega Absol is great. Great speed, great stats, great ability, not-so-great bulk, but what does it matter? Mega Absol is the best hazard abuser in the tier. If only it could carry 7 moves, it would be the perfect pokemon. Sadly it can’t, so I had to make some choices. Sucker Punch is mandatory, Knock Off for when you don’t want to predict, Fire Blast to roast Steel-types and Ice Beam for Gliscor, Lando(-T), Chomper and everything else 4x weak to Ice. Ideally I would run Superpower, Iron Tail, Play Rough and Swords Dance, that’s just how versatile she is. Absol is also hilarious versus Deoxys-S and Deoxys-D leads. They can literally do nothing and after it has Mega-Evolved, they are shut down for the rest of the game. And look at it’s design, it’s just great, I’m actually kinda mad it isn’t Fairy/Dark. How cool would that be. Anyway, if you get some decent Fighting-type and Fairy-type checks, you’ll be surprised how good this thing is.
Absol is Stella ofc, who is the main character in the movie, who’s it all about.

That was it! I hope you liked it. It may not be the best team I’ve ever built, but it is one of my fun teams so rate, hate, steal!

Arpegius (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Beryl (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Earl (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Shep (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Stella (Absol) (M) @ Absolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Knock Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)