Ability:Guts
Nature:Adamant
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk/ 136 SpD / 120 Hp
-Payback
-Mach Punch
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch

Role: Conkeldur is an excellent bulky attacker. He is here to do massive damage with drain punch and finish up the job with a mach punch. He has payback for his weakness of physcic. He could take a hit then give one right back. And guts is just self explanitory.

Volcarona
Ability:Flame Body
Nature:Timid
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden power Rock

Role: Volcanora is my main special sweeper. He has excellent power. I have him knowing fiery dance to raise his speed and do damage at the same time. He has quiver dance so if he gets the chance he could become a deadly sweeper. Fortress has great synergy with volcanora because he resists rock.

Fortress
Ability:Sturdy
Nature:Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes

Role: Thanks to you guys I'm now running with a fortress instead of my old ferrothorn. He is here to sponge up physical hits while setting up entry hazzards or getting rid of them with rapid spin. He is absolutely essential since I have a salemance and a Volcanora on my team. I have gyro ball just to pack a punch because he has alarmingly low speed. Plus he also keeps the same synergy alive that ferrothorn did.

Zoroark
Ability:Illusion
Nature:Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Night Daze
-Focus blast
-Nasty Plot
-Flamethrower

Role: I needed a dark pokemon for synergy reasons but it turns out Zoroark is amazing. I have Jellicent on the bottom of the team so the opponent may use dark on the jellicent image causing them to hit zoroark with a dark move. I have him knowing foucus blast instead of nasty plot so he could take out other dark pokemon the jellicent image may draw out.

Salamence
Ability: Intimidate
Nature:Naive
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe /4 Def
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast

Role: Salemance is my physical sweeper. He is awesome. I use dragon dance to set up then sweep with outrage and earthquake. I had him knowing Fire blast to get rid of common threats and possibly take out a physical wall.

Jellicent (Woko)
Ability:Water Absorb
Nature:Calm
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-will-O-Wisp

Role: Jellicent is my special wall. Even though he is a wall he still packs a punch with a life orb. I have him knowing will-o-wisp so if I burn the opponent it kind of makes Jellicent a Physical wall to. Jellicent also works well with Zoroark.Most people like running water absorb on him but I like curse body. Because if the opponent does mannage to almost OHK him that move might just get disables so the opponent can't use it again.But know I think I'll run with water absorb so I'll be able to switch into water pokemon's attacks and just heal it.It seems pretty good to me. Too bad I don't have a grass or electric move.

I think your team needs a spinner because volcarona has a bad stealth rock weakness and salamence is also weak to stealth rock

You really don't need two fire moves on Volcarona. I recommend a hidden power instead of heat wave, perhaps Rock or Ground. And I agree with berry that a rapid spinner would greatly help with Volcarona's survivability. Substitute is nice on Ferrothorn, but I think something like Spikes would be better so it has things to do when it is switching in on resisted hits stalling a pokemon out. Take shadow ball off of Zoroark, because it hits pretty much the same things super effectively as night daze, but it doesn't get STAB. That would also allow you to play nasty plot again. If you want to run Roost on your Mence, I suggest making it a bit bulkier with the EV's and the nature, or just take it off completely for something like Fire Blast, which provides more great coverage.

Also, you may want to extend your descriptions just to give the viewers some more insight.

Yea, you really need a spinner and your team has no entry hazard supporter. To keep synergy, I suggest replacing Ferrothorn for Forretress. Here's the set:

Forretress @ Leftovers -- Sturdy
Nature: Sassy - EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Pain Split
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Jellicent will be your water absorber, so give it Water Absorb ability.

Take off Heat Wave from Volcarona, no reason for that move when you already have Fiery Dance. Give it Hidden Power Ground so you're not walled by Heatran.

Thanks guys I think I will try spikes, use nasty plot over shadow ball, and try hidden power. O yeah and thanks for the fire blast idea I really never liked the roost idea.

Agreed, Life Orb isn't the best item for Bulk Up Conkeldurr in my opinion. Leftovers provides recovery, while Flame Orb/Toxic Orb gives Conkeldurr a Guts boost and allows it to fill the role of a Status Absorber. If you're going to be switching Conkeldurr out a lot then Toxic Orb is preferable because if you are badly poisoned, then you will take 1/16, 2/16 (1/8) and then 3/16 of it's Max HP over three turns, whereas Flame Orb will take 1/8 each turn. After 3 turns they will have both done the same amount, but Toxic Orb does less over 1 or 2 turns. It depends on whether Conkeldurr is used more for Revenge-killing or if it uses Bulk Up and stays in.

The only issue is that the Status Orbs don't work too well with Payback, as the damage racks up quickly with entry hazards, Poison/Burn and the damage from the attack you will be taking. Of course, the Entry Hazard problem could be solved with Forretress like others have suggested. Still, Forretress doesn't have great synergy with the rest of your team.

Perhaps something like this could be used:
Forretress @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
Sturdy
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball / Counter

Counter is gimmicky, but alongside Sturdy I have used it with some great results if I need to get rid of sweepers who have set up multiple boosts (like Excadrill). However, this does require 2 turns of Leftovers recovery. It can leave Forretress with very low HP as well, which is not an attractive proposition if they can still set up Entry Hazards. Gyro Ball is an excellent move though, and should probably be considered first.

Being a Special Sweeper, Volcarona absolutely needs coverage. Use a Hidden Power such as Rock or Grass. Ground can be useful, but with some Pokemon who are weak to Ground (namely Heatran) holding Air Balloon it won't be as useful as it might seem. HP [Rock] helps take care of Pokemon such as Gyarados and Salamence, whereas Bulky Waters can be hit with HP [Grass].

I would suggest Hidden Power [Rock] because you have no Super Effective moves against Gyarados, and with no Weather-Inducer, Gyarados can threaten you if Rain is up. This is also a good reason to change Jellicent's ability to Water Absorb, so you have something to switch into if Gyarados uses Waterfall.

Ferrothorn takes 30.7% - 36.4% in Rain from 252+ CB Gyarados, which seems OK but If you end up changing Ferrothorn to Forretress, you need Jellicent taking as little damage as possible. Volcarona's HP [Rock] OHKOs 248/8 Gyarados at +1 after Stealth Rock. Unfortunately, switching in isn't an option, as Volcarona is outsped at +1 and immediately threatened by Stone Edge.

i would sat change nastly plot over focus blast, cuz when they see a jellicent, electric pokes will be drawn out more often then dark, so you can set up. just a thought

Thanks I'm definately going with fortress. And I think you guys convinced me to use water absorb on jellicent. Also another think I'm sure I'll do is go with hidden power grass.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Life Orb on Jellicent is really not a good item, because it allows a big part of the meta to easily 2HKO it, which isn't really good considering its a wall. Give it Leftovers instead.

You should use Hidden Power [Rock] on Volcarona since it keeps you from being stopped cold by Dragonite, Gyarados, and Salamence. Meanwhile, Hidden Power [Grass] is usless since Water-types (outside of Jellicent who should be significantly weakened before you even attempt to sweep) are easily 2HKO'd or even OHKO'd in Rotom-W's case by a +1 Bug Buzz anyways.

You should use Hidden Power [Rock] on Volcarona since it keeps you from being stopped cold by Dragonite, Gyarados, and Salamence. Meanwhile, Hidden Power [Grass] is usless since Water-types (outside of Jellicent who should be significantly weakened before you even attempt to sweep) are easily 2HKO'd or even OHKO'd in Rotom-W's case by a +1 Bug Buzz anyways.
Wait isn't hidden power rock a physical move. If not please tell me how to get it special. I agree with you and have been wanting that attack rock for a while.

Alright guys I added Fortress. Do you think he should be my lead or keep him in the same place. And do you think I should run with toxic spikes.

dont use forry as a lead, hes shut down by taunt and is too slow. keep him for later so u dont waste his spinning abilities.

use timid on volcarona, and use hp ground.

on conk, dont bother with a flame orb, cos he doesnt get to set up as much. use lefties, cos hes powerful enough anyway.

on salamence, use naive over jolly, so his fire blast can ohko skarm after sr and do more to ferrothorn.

that's all. this team is pretty good

Wait isn't hidden power rock a physical move. If not please tell me how to get it special. I agree with you and have been wanting that attack rock for a while.
No, all Hidden Power attacks have hit from the special side of the spectrum since the beginning of 4th generation.

Guys i have two questions for you. What should I use as my lead and what should I do about this other problem. If a dragonite gets to use dragon dance, a scisor gets to use sword dance or if there is a choice scarfed mamoswine that comes out after Conkeldur is dead I am left defenseless. Should I get a new pokemon on my team and if so what would I take off and what would I put on.

I guess you could save conkeldurr if the opponent has a mammowswine until it is dead. Also don't let scizor set up swords dance and volcaorona should cover that because bullet punch isn't good on him. For dragonite stealth rock will make multiscale uselss and he can be killed by jellicent if it doesn,t already have a dance and is weakened by SR. As a lead i don't know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)