SM UU the Clamps

The Clamp and Turn

So after 3 years, i decided to play some UU. I decided i wanted to use craw and went from there

Teambuilding Process

Craw is one of my favorite mons, and can do a lot of work

Other than being both the clamp and the turn, scizor is a good, heavy hitting momentum grabber

So another favorite of mine is swampert. general utility with scald and stealth rock/FONT]

So i noticed that all the things up to here, other than swamp, kinda needs a lot of HP, and even swamp doesn't like poison from spikes

I honestly wasted to use this because it has never ending hurricanes and makes a core with sciz

I noticed that this whole team got laughed at by bulky waters, and i figured that U-Turn support for raikou is good, with the hyper Z/FONT]

The Team

Dauntless (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Craw is my start for this team. I wanted to use it because it can be unstoppable once conditions are met.

The Clamps (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor can scare most grass types and gives me some momentum to get things in, as well as having it's own priority to take weakened mons out

Mud Dragon (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Protect

Standard swampy, gives me chip damage and he's THICC bulk.

Japan (Tentacruel) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb

Tentacruel provides good defense paired with swampert, as it can Haze anything that gets too greedy, absorb toxics and get rid of hazards

Generic Bird (Pidgeot) (M) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Pidgeot is fast, never misses, and gets U-Turn. It takes care of grasses, and anything that's in range of a hurricane. Roost and U-trun for moment, standard stuff

Thunderstruck (Raikou) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hyper Beam

Basically my set up and clean/sweep. It also deters bulky waters and can lure in quag for a point blank breakneck

The End

There are some things that threaten the team, such as unaware users, like quag.

Dauntless (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Protect

Japan (Tentacruel) (F) @ Black Sludge
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb

Generic Bird (Pidgeot) (M) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Thunderstruck (Raikou) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hyper Beam

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, SD Crawdaunt is a fun thing to build around but can always be a little tricky to actually sweep with due to too many water resists being around for ajet to clean most of the time, and it's trashbin speed tier. The key issues I see with this team are the fact that it lacks a fairy, can't beat stall, and it stacks 3 waters for no real reason. Not having a fairy type on a team like this pretty much automatically means having a shitty Hydreigon matchup. Raikou can setup on like scarf sets but scarf sets aren't the only ones out there. Your lack of a stallbreaker relies on Quag being chipped and Alo being toxiced and chipped or something to beat stall. On top of that your team seems to be 6-0d by Zera, all while not really supporting SD Daunt very well due to Scizor's BP being the only real thing that makes up for Daunt's lack of ability to take out faster foes and being setup fodder for most dders. With that all said, let's see what can be done about this.

- The first thing I did was compress Raikou + Tentacruel into Defog Rotom-H. This gives both a scizor answer and a bird answer in one slot, and one thing I really really like about it is it's access to Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave is amazing on teams built around these slower sweepers like daunt b/c it gives the mon more opportunity to sweep vs a team that might have faster mons that resist water such as Latias. I went with a bulkier set w/ 20 SpA to OHKO Celebi after rocks.
Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

- The next thing I did was Togekiss > Mega Pidgeot. I did this to sort of apply the same pressure that Mega Pidgeot did, but it also gives a fairy typing and a stallbreaker. This provides a hydreigon answer and something that can support the team by busting through fatter teams and with Heal Bell. The set is standard.
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

- So in the free slot I got from compressing Raikou + Tentacruel into Rotom-H, I wanted a few things. I wanted something that could support Daunt, I wanted something that could check fighting types like Cobalion more effectively because that's something Tentacruel does that Rotom-H doesn't, and I wanted something that could punish setup sweepers b/c rn Scizor is still our main source of speed control, and most definitely a zera check. I went with Amoonguss because of it's perfect defensive type synergy with Crawdaunt, access to Stun Spore to provide more support in daunt's quest to sweep, it's ability to blanket check so much of the tier, and it's a pretty reliable zera check which this team gets 5-0d by w/o this. You can play around with the set but I suggest having Stun Spore on it LOL.
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Smaller changes:
- I gave Crawdaunt Waterium Z. This gives it a nuke to muscle through some water checks like a parad Hydreigon at +2 n shit. This also improves your stall matchup a bit since w/ Waterium Z it can power through Quagsire.
- I made Scizor spread a bit bulkier, you don't need max speed these days tbh. I crept Klefki and dumped as much as I could into Hp considering it's your main Latias answer and that could be bad w/ a frail spread.
- I went with Toxic > Protect on Swampert because nothing has Toxic on this team and Toxic is always good for chipping shit, normally Rotom-H would have Toxic on that set to pressure Hippo but it doesn't which makes the matchup more annoying to get rocks off the field, any chip helps. Roar is another option.

Dauntless (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Waterium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Pursuit

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Roar

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

That's it, the NP Lucario matchup could be scary but it doesn't really setup on much and if you keep everything healthy and play smart it's far from undoable with Rotom-H, Amoonguss, etc. The lack of a scarfer could get annoying ig but with prio spam and twave spam it more than makes up for it, I think this team looks and is super fun to play around with so hf and lmk how it goes n_n.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cool team. I thought of a few changes that could help the team get better. I tried to have a more hyper-offensive-ish direction here because of the nature of the starting core.
  • Cobalion > Swampert was the first change. Cobalion is a Stealth Rock setter that keeps up the pressure and grants the team a reliable to UU's new toy, Bisharp, which had an extremely good matchup against the team as it was. It also helps to weaken defensive walls for Scizor and Crawdaunt to let them have a better shot at breaking themselves. Cobalion's typing also grants the team a secondary Steel-type, which is appreciated on most teams that rely on Scizor as their sole Steel-type.
  • At this point, you did not have a Volt Switch absorber, which could've led to some troubles against VoltTurn teams. Raikou > Zeraora seemed obvious at that point. Thanks to Zeraora's ability, typing, and moveset, it is able to outperform Raikou and absorb Volt Switch. Furthermore, unlike Raikou, Zeraora can beat bulky Ground-types like Hippowdon and Swampert reliably with Grass Knot, which eases the job of your physical attackers.
  • The matchup against Dark-types like Hydreigon and Krookodile was rough, so I changed Mega Altaria > Mega Pidgeot. Not only does Mega Altaria help with the Dark-types matchup, but it also synergizes well with the initial physical spam core of the team. It is also capable of revenge killing Bisharp if Cobalion is not healthy enough to do that.
  • Nitpicky, but I changed Crawdaunt's nature to Adamant because it simply does not need Jolly anymore (Rotom-W is not in the tier and you have enough checks to Scizor). I also changed Scizor's spread to a bulkier one.

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry / Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt / Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Zeraora @ Fightinium Z / Shuca Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

I hope that the rate helped, feel free to leave any question you might have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)