Tournament The Balanced Hackmons Open [Semi-finals]

Welcome to the Balanced Hackmons Open!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Balanced Hackmons ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays must be posted alongside the result.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Semi-finals

Deadline is 7 days from this post, May 18th. Remember to post replays or your match will be coin-flipped.

RNGIsCancer vs TheBurgerKing99
Duckymomo Senior vs jasprose

Thank you to h_n_g_m_n for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RNGIsCancer vs TheBurgerKing99
Duckymomo Senior vs jasprose

Not really much to say about the first one, Halliday is a better player than most of our BH ladder heroes so imo he's the clear pick here, but I wouldn't rule out RNG getting 4 paras on Halliday's Imposter surprising his opponent.

Second one was a little more challenging to predict, and I reserve the right to be completely wrong but jasp did really well in the tour so far, beating the Man Of Many Names. It's like I said - You're an underrated player. Have more faith in yourself :]

Second one's the match to go watch imo, it'll be killer for sure.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Lost, pretty pissed off that it was 2-0 but the overall experience was a fun tour for me since it is first open tour in my Smogon experience.

Amongst 5+ people who supported Halliday, I had no choice to turn modchat on to sustain my sanity and allow myself to focus in the game, but I ended up losing both.

GG's, I lost, and shoutouts to

TI for hosting fun tour
Halliday for reking me even when I had lots of hax advantage and giving me a chance to have some humility in BH ladder, good luck in finals!
UC, motherlove, and others for supporting me with silence with each games I won in round
Duckymomo Senior for supporting me in a giant conversation. I promised I will go to finals and defeat jasprose, but I could not. But we made it pretty far, didn't we? I have no regrets. You shouldn't have any, too.
Many other people I missed who secretly supported (doubt there were anyone else but)

and everyone else who wanted Halliday to take me down!

Thank you everyone for making my first Smogon Open Tour a fun and joyful experience. I will return next tour with better strategies, and less complaints about hax.

Edit:
I can finally focus on school finals now

Last edited:

Duckymomo Senior

Banned deucer.
I'm pretty dissapointed that I was killed by 6 pogres but besides that it was indeed a fun tour. I shouldve turned the modchat to + like RNG cause there were like 20 ppl rooting against me lol

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I'm pretty dissapointed that I was killed by 6 pogres but besides that it was indeed a fun tour. I shouldve turned the modchat to + like RNG cause there were like 20 ppl rooting against me lol
I wouldn't recommend doing that in general, bc it might help you concentrate but that also means other people can't talk because of that.

I kinda regret doing it, felt like I was being rude overall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)