ORAS UU The Armored Paladin: Escavalier Balance Team

Escavalier is bawse or nah?

• Total voters
Im going to be honest, I never expected this team to be any extent of good, but it actually turned out well, despite the fact it took ten minutes to make. While I haven't had any success with the team (mostly because I suck), many people have had success with it and got to good postions on the ladder. Serperior for Uber for example, got a 10-0 record before he stopped laddering, and to me, that's great.

I really wanted to build around a Pokemon that doesn't see much light in Underused, especially one that is overshadowed by a more used equivalent. Escavalier seemed to be the prime Pokemon to build around, as it is surprisingly powerful as well as being less used then it's more fleshy counterpart, Heracross.

Feel free to leave any rates to any extent, even if it involves replacing Escavalier. Please note that English isn't my forte, so notifying me of any grammatical errors would be highly appreciated (I want this RMT to be very professional looking, as I am jealous of the other amazing RMT makers).

OH YEEAAAH (Escavalier) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

As said before, I wanted to build around this guy. I decided to use the standard Choice Band wallbreaker set since nothing else is really too effective on Escavalier.
Coming from an attack stat of over 600 with a Choice Band, Megahorn is probably the best move for use of Escavalier, as it is the most powerful bug STAB any bug can have access to, usually OHKOing any Pokemon that don't resist it. Iron Head is a second good STAB move for Escavalier, and the best one it has access to. Knock Off is nice to have for Chandelure, which is a tempting switch in for players, considering Escavalier's 4x weakness to fire. Drill Run is for steel types for people who wish to switch in a more defensive Pokemon, such as Empoleon or Mega Aggron.
"Why 84 speed EV's?" You might be wondering, well I have a good answer. It's to creep Slowking, a bulky threat to all of UU kind. Outspeeding that damned retard lord is invaluable, as a scald burn could be the most infuriating thing to happen when you're a physical attacker.

Princess Bitch (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

A wishing cleric is a requirement for Escavalier, as he can be worn down easily from the bombardment of attacks he will endure. Florges seemed to be the prime candidate for such a task, due to florges being able to consume Fire Blasts from a Chandelure, as well as other attacks.
The Wish Protect combo is almost a mandate on certain support Pokemon such as Umbreon, Blissey, or in this case, Florges. The combination is a good self-healing technique as well as a team healing technique, just make sure you play wisely as wishing to a weakened Pokemon is an incredibly obvious course of action. Moonblast is a great STAB move for Florges and it also has a chance to lower you target's special attack, just in the case you're a hax God. Aromatherapy is great if Escavalier suffers any ailments such as a burning, which cripples it severely.

George Foreman (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Late game sweepers appreciate breakers such as Escavalier's ability to weaken teams, allowing them to come through. I decided to use Chandelure as it absorbs fire attacks entirely, as well as fighting type attacks which sometimes are targeted towards Escavalier or Heliolisk.
I decided to use the standard Choice Scarf set as it is (imo) the best set for Chandelure. Fire Blast is the best STAB move Chandelure has access to, that is if you're not Sacri' and are the victim of hax every match. Shadow Ball is also a great STAB move, resisted by little it can deal good damage Toa good portion of the tier. Energy Ball is just kinda there for what the other two moves can't hit too hard, such as Swampert or even Suicune. Trick is for breaking certain stall happy Pokemon like bulky waters or something else along those lines.

ALTERNATIVE SET:

Chandelure @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

This set was suggested by beppityboopbop, but I'll need confirmation from multiple sources to make this a permanent change on the team. Sub + CM takes down setup Pokemon such as Reuniclus more efficiently then scarf, as scarf can only do its job once or twice if you're lucky.
Personally, I never liked Sub + CM Chandelure, which is another reason I didn't apply it offically to the RMT, I never like slow, frail pokemon, so I don't see how sub + cm could be good in any manner. On the other hand I've seen it successfully sweep many teams so what do I know?

GIVE ME CUNES (Heliolisk) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Hyper Voice

Something to catch scald attacks, considering I have something heavily reliant on physical offense as well as a fire type, and a frail one at that. Heliolisk seemed to be the prime candidate, as the rest of the team has Suicune issues.
I decided to go with a life orb attacker set, I use to run Choice Scarf but I realized having three choice Pokemon on a single team isn't the wisest course of action. Thunderbolt is the best STAB move for any special attacking electric type, as it has perfect accuracy and great power. Volt Switch is a good pivoting move which is nice in the case you make a prediction. Surf beats Nidos who may try to absorb your electric fury and retaliate with a powerful ground move. Hyper Voice is the only normal STAB move Heliolisk has access to, and is decently powerful to boot.

General Patton (Blastoise-Mega) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

A hazard remover is nice for the team, considering a good amount of it is weak to things such as Stealth Rock or Spikes, as well as Sticky Web. Mega Blastoise seemed to be the best choice as it resists fire, water, as well as absorb other attacks due to Blastoise's absurd bulky prowess.
I went for the more defensive set, as it is overall better in my opinion as opposed to the other more offensive sets. Scald is the move no man, woman, or child enjoys being hit by. Due to its 100% Chance 30% chance of burning, your opponent will cringe as they await the results of whether or not their MVP was burned. Dark Pulse hits spinblockers who may try to block your Rapid Spin if they're reliant on their hazards. Aura Sphere is great to have for things like Snorlax, who may try to set up to get past your defenses.
You may be questioning the 68 speed EV's, and it's an understandable question. I was told to run those speed EV's as it creeps certain pokemon like Cresselia. But instead of 64, I chose 68 as sometimes pokemon like Cresselia run 4 speed to make sure they aren't creeped.

Dundeez Nuts (Krookodile) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Having some sort of hazard setter is invaluable for all types of teams, slowly wearing down your opponent. This slot used to be taken by Swampert but multiple suggestions led to me replacing it for Krookodile. I went with the reccomended Expert Belt set, as it seemed the most practical for the team.
Earthquake is a no-brainier attack for any and all physical attacking ground types, as it is the most well rounded move in the game. Knock Off is another staple attack on Krookodile, as with the expert belt, Cresselia will suffer immense damage. Stealth Rock, as said before, is for the invaluable hazard setting for the team. Taunt is a must have as it cripples setup Pokemon such as Reuniclus, who set up all over the team in most cases.
You may be still questioning the fact that I accepted the Expert Belt suggestion. The reason is, it's probably one of the best items you can run. Krookodile's role on the team is to rid of certain pokemon and set up rocks, and with the expert belt, eliminating those specific threats becomes a much less tedious task. Don't pay attention to Verlisify, the Expert Belt is a good item.

Even though some things can take a few hits from the beast, late game if this team is weakened, nothing can take down Mamoswine if Chandelure is out of the picture.

No switchins of the sort, you may have to play around with some predictions. Though if you're facing a less experienced player Nidoqueen should not be too much of an issue. Nidoking could also be here, but it's not seen nearly as often.

If it's the mixed attacker set with Iron Tail and if Mega Blastoise and Escavalier are weakened, it's essentially over. Your best bet is switching into Chandelure after a teammate goes down to trick it into an unfavorable move.

OH YEEEAH (Escavalier) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

Princess Bitch (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 232 HP/ 252 Def/ 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

George Foreman (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

GIVE ME CUNES (Heliolisk) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice

General Patton (Blastoise-Mega) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
sup lilli solid looking balance you have. First off I suggest you change florges evs to 232 hp 252def 24spD bold. your original set is really lacking on the physical side and it lets certain physical mons pound on you even harder and get 2hkod by banded hera after rocks. It is really nice to have the extra physical bulk on florges for mons, especially in a very physical uu meta.

I also think a stealth rocks krook would fit your team nicely over swampert. I can really see krook fitting this team as it provides a good offensive presence that pert sometimes fails to do and checks slower bulky attackers like nidoqueen and mega abomasnow better. pert is looking just a bit too passive and with the amounts of threats uu has gained, it can be overwhelmed easily. Krook is such a good mon right now especially paired with florges. Krook still allows you to check certain aero sets bar aqua tail but with stoise and a bulkier florges you can still decently handle mence along with escav threatening it out.

Krookodile @ Expert Belt/dread plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

I have expert belt as the first choice because it lets you 100% ohko empoleon and it gives you more damage on mons like abomasnow that think they can come in safely and get ohkod after rocks.
And with expert belt you retain the 1.2 boost when you are knocking off mons like cresselia, reuniclus, and slowking.

Solid team hope I helped.

Edit: Krook isn't an aboma check its a good lure. I misworded.

Last edited:
Can I second that Krook>Swamp? I think it really helps your team with some much needed coverage. I think the set above it pretty good, but alternatively you could run a more bulky set to stall a bit more. Oh, and Krook doesn't check Abomasnow at all. Blizzard and Wood Hammer are both OHKOs. But Krook is still really friggin awesome for his ability to pursuit-trap half the tier and destroy the rest w/ powerful STABs. May I suggest this set?

Krookodile @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 112 Def / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

The EVs are basically designed to check some of the most offensive mons in the Meta right now. 252 HP is pretty standard, 112 Def is to make aqua tail from Aero a guaranteed 2HKO even after stealth rocks on krook that let's you follow up with a guaranteed OHKO Stone Edge after stealth rock. The Attack also helps you OHKO Mamo with stone edge after stealth rock, but that is only if you predict a switch because icicle crash can OHKO you if the Mamo's LO. The rest is dumped into speed because you're not going to be survivin' any SE Sp. hits any time soon. I think this guy is a really good addition to your team because, although you have really good coverage, pursuit trapping is insane and aero still puts in work to your team after General Patton/Hyperion are gone.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so I suggest changing the CHandelure EVs from 4 HP to 4 SpD. 4 HP EVs means Chandelure takes more damage from Stealth Rock, while the 4 SpD also ensure Download P-Z and P2 don't get a SpA boost. Should you decide to have Krookodile over Swampert, I suggest having Aura Sphere on Blastoise over Ice Beam, as it helps you beat Snorlax. I'm going to suggest Surf over Grass Knot on Heliolisk, as it gives you an easier time dealing with Nidoqueen, which seems to be a threat to your team since you have next to no switch-ins (all your Pokemon are 2HKOed or OHKOed). I suggest having at least 64 Speed EVs on Blastoise to outspeed uninvested base 85s, such as Cresselia and Suicune, as hitting them before they can setup would benefit you.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Can I second that Krook>Swamp? I think it really helps your team with some much needed coverage. I think the set above it pretty good, but alternatively you could run a more bulky set to stall a bit more. Oh, and Krook doesn't check Abomasnow at all. Blizzard and Wood Hammer are both OHKOs. But Krook is still really friggin awesome for his ability to pursuit-trap half the tier and destroy the rest w/ powerful STABs. May I suggest this set?

Krookodile @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

The EVs are basically designed to check some of the most offensive mons in the Meta right now. 252 HP is pretty standard, 112 Def is to make aqua tail from Aero a guaranteed 2HKO even after stealth rocks on krook that let's you follow up with a guaranteed OHKO Stone Edge after stealth rock. The Attack also helps you OHKO Mamo with stone edge after stealth rock, but that is only if you predict a switch because icicle crash can OHKO you if the Mamo's LO. The rest is dumped into speed because you're not going to be survivin' any SE Sp. hits any time soon. I think this guy is a really good addition to your team because, although you have really good coverage, pursuit trapping is insane and aero still puts in work to your team after General Patton/Hyperion are gone.

I suck at getting across what I actually try to say but I should've said with superpower it is a good abomasnow lure as they will most likely think they are safe to come in on a krook. It's most certainly not a check you are right about that I misworded.

OK so I suggest changing the CHandelure EVs from 4 HP to 4 SpD. 4 HP EVs means Chandelure takes more damage from Stealth Rock, while the 4 SpD also ensure Download P-Z and P2 don't get a SpA boost. Should you decide to have Krookodile over Swampert, I suggest having Aura Sphere on Blastoise over Ice Beam, as it helps you beat Snorlax. I'm going to suggest Surf over Grass Knot on Heliolisk, as it gives you an easier time dealing with Nidoqueen, which seems to be a threat to your team since you have next to no switch-ins (all your Pokemon are 2HKOed or OHKOed). I suggest having at least 64 Speed EVs on Blastoise to outspeed uninvested base 85s, such as Cresselia and Suicune, as hitting them before they can setup would benefit you.
sup lilli solid looking balance you have. First off I suggest you change florges evs to 232 hp 252def 24spD bold. your original set is really lacking on the physical side and it lets certain physical mons pound on you even harder and get 2hkod by banded hera after rocks. It is really nice to have the extra physical bulk on florges for mons, especially in a very physical uu meta.

I also think a stealth rocks krook would fit your team nicely over swampert. I can really see krook fitting this team as it provides a good offensive presence that pert sometimes fails to do and checks slower bulky attackers like nidoqueen and mega abomasnow better. pert is looking just a bit too passive and with the amounts of threats uu has gained, it can be overwhelmed easily. Krook is such a good mon right now especially paired with florges. Krook still allows you to check certain aero sets bar aqua tail but with stoise and a bulkier florges you can still decently handle mence along with escav threatening it out.

Krookodile @ Expert Belt/dread plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

I have expert belt as the first choice because it lets you 100% ohko empoleon and it gives you more damage on mons like abomasnow that think they can come in safely and get ohkod after rocks.
And with expert belt you retain the 1.2 boost when you are knocking off mons like cresselia, reuniclus, and slowking.

Solid team hope I helped.

Edit: Krook isn't an aboma check its a good lure. I misworded.

Krookodile @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

I suck at getting across what I actually try to say but I should've said with superpower it is a good abomasnow lure as they will most likely think they are safe to come in on a krook. It's most certainly not a check you are right about that I misworded.
All suggestions have been considered and the team has been updated

Last edited:

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
What I've noticed is that you're a little weak to bulky setup mons like Cress, Ice Beam / Sub Cune, and Reuniclus.

For this, I recommend Taunt over Superpower on Krook, since you already Escavelier and Blastoise as decent checks to Mamoswine, and Florges to keep them healthy throughout the game. Furthermore, you need something to consistently shut stuff down so you aren't setup fodder.

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

You could also potentially run Sub Calm Mind on Chandelure over Scarf. Although Scarf is nice for Speed and crippling bulky setup like Cress and Reuniclus, you have thigns to check faster threats like Mega Aero (which Scarf Chandy doesn't even outspeed anyway), Scarf / DD Mence, and Scarf Shao. Also, Sub Calm Mind can very reliably break stall and bulky setup, whereas Scarf can only do its job once.

George Foreman (Chandelure) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

This spread makes it so 0 SpAtk Florges will never break your Sub with Moonblast unless it crits.

GJ on the team! Looks solid, mate! (.n_n.)

What I've noticed is that you're a little weak to bulky setup mons like Cress, Ice Beam / Sub Cune, and Reuniclus.

For this, I recommend Taunt over Superpower on Krook, since you already Escavelier and Blastoise as decent checks to Mamoswine, and Florges to keep them healthy throughout the game. Furthermore, you need something to consistently shut stuff down so you aren't setup fodder.

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

You could also potentially run Sub Calm Mind on Chandelure over Scarf. Although Scarf is nice for Speed and crippling bulky setup like Cress and Reuniclus, you have thigns to check faster threats like Mega Aero (which Scarf Chandy doesn't even outspeed anyway), Scarf / DD Mence, and Scarf Shao. Also, Sub Calm Mind can very reliably break stall and bulky setup, whereas Scarf can only do its job once.

George Foreman (Chandelure) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

This spread makes it so 0 SpAtk Florges will never break your Sub with Moonblast unless it crits.

GJ on the team! Looks solid, mate! (.n_n.)
I will take your suggestion about Krookodile, but sub cm Chandelure is bad in my hands, so I will only put in the RMT

Hi there :]

I just figured I'd drop a few suggestions for your team. First, I'd like to recommend Assault Vest > Choice Band on Escavalier. Choice Band allows it to be a nice wallbreaker and such, but Assault Vest can at least help to patch up your weakness to Nidoqueen. Since you wont be as weak to Nidoqueen at this point, I recommend Grass Knot > Surf on Heliolisk, allowing you to take on Swampert, which could be a problem if you decide to make the change for my next suggestion, which is Memento > Grass Knot on Chandelure. With this, you can cripple Hydreigon upon switch-in, which is also a threat to your team, and allow Escavalier or Mega Blastoise to come in for free to fire off a big hit.

Hope this helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)