Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a loss of 4 points in a stat like Special Defense is really going to matter in the long run, since it's like 2% of the full stat. On the other hand, Speed is a stat where even a couple of points can make a huge difference, and you are running a Speed-boosting nature, so I think it would make more sense to go for the perfect Speed IV.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Zygarde with perfect Attack, Defense, and Special Defense with an Adamant Nature. Keep or toss?

Microprecise spread: 4-5/31/31/x/31/16-17

Last edited:
Got another Zapdos in X, and I really wish this was HP Ice
Modest 31/x/31/31/31/30 HP Psychic. I guess Psychic has its benefits. I wish this thing had more a movepool and I wish you could choose your Hidden Power. Fuck it, IVs like that, I'm definitely keeping.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I got a Modest Moltres with 31/x/31/26/31/31 which is HP Grass (And i would have been HP Grass 70 using previous gen mechanics. ;-;)

I kept it but I'm not so sure. Is there use for HP Grass this gen? (Also I would like more feedback on the Yveltal thing. Leaning towards the one with perfect speed but I don't know...)

Xerneas - #716 (Naive) : 26 / 31 / 20 / 31 / 31 / 31
Possible Hidden Power Types: Ice

Probably going to keep this one. Is the hidden power useless?

AfroThunderRule I don't know how useful HP Grass is/will be, but that's a really good catch regardless!

goomy pls I'm not sure what you'd want to hit with HP Ice that isn't destroyed by Moonblast already. For reference, neutral Moonblast does over 3/4 as much as x4 SE HP Ice, and a SE Moonblast always outdamages it. But those stats (except for Defense) are all very good. If you're happy with the IVs, I'd keep it, otherwise keep going (and don't worry too much about Hidden Powers).

So, I just caught this Xerneas, 201/123/115/166/118/119.

After leveling it, I found out it's IV's are Xerneas - #716 (Modest), 31/2/31/31/30/31, and it has HP Ghost. I had been soft reseting to hopefully get an HP Fire Xerneas.

Here's my question to you all. Is it really worth keeping this while having to rely on Focus Miss, but getting perfect IV's in speed? Or do any of you feel HP Fire and -1 speed is REALLY worth it?

Let me know all.

Last edited:
Definitely keep that Xerneas. Catching a good HP Fire Xerneas is really hard, because you need your 31s to land in HP/Def/SpD. Otherwise there's no way to get even IVs in your other three stats. Given the odds of that happening (1/8), plus the odds of getting good IVs in SpA/Spe (28 or 30)...it's just not something to bank on until/unless we can RNG.

Poorly-Focused Blast may let you down some of the time, but it's still a very legitimate option and worth using on cartridge for sure.

So I just found this off the GTS:

Sassy Xerneas 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 28 - 29 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 2 - 3. I really like the IVs on this. The nature might be questionable, but it might be good as a Specially Defensive cleric. I kinda don't want to fodder this off. It even has the attack where it can Night Slash Aegislash and speed where it can run in Trick Room. What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
I got a 31/22/31/31/31/22 calm zapdos. Keep or trow away?

I'm a noob and need help please. XD

Last edited:
Modest Moltres, 31/28/16/31/27/31, HP is ice. Keep or toss? The defense IV isn't that great but this is by far the best I've had so far.

So, I just caught this Xerneas, 201/123/115/166/118/119.

After leveling it, I found out it's IV's are Xerneas - #716 (Modest), 31/2/31/31/30/31, and it has HP Ghost. I had been soft reseting to hopefully get an HP Fire Xerneas.

Here's my question to you all. Is it really worth keeping this while having to rely on Focus Miss, but getting perfect IV's in speed? Or do any of you feel HP Fire and -1 speed is REALLY worth it?

Let me know all.
Omg no. Getting a Xerneas with more than the 3 guaranteed IVs in the right stats is painful enough, and I think to get HP Fire with the highest IV spread still requires a 30 IV in speed, which is really hard to obtain, then the rest of the IVs have to be the right numbers as well.

i caught a mild yveltal with the following ivs:

31/6-7/29/31/31/21-22

keeper? can anyone recommend a good ev spread? will play around on the simulator to see what fits best as well..

I started to soft-reset Xerneas to get a good one, and I quickly found this one:

30-31/5/31/30-31/30-31/6-7
Nature : calm

This is for a defensive cleric set.
Defenses are amazing, and this special attack is nice, but speed sucks. Uninvested flawless base 90 like Giratina will outspeed it. Should I keep it?

Edit: i eventually kept it. Do you think the bad speed is really an issue?

Last edited:
Is Hidden Power Electric good for Blastoise?
I started to soft-reset Xerneas to get a good one, and I quickly found this one:

30-31/5/31/30-31/30-31/6-7
Nature : calm

This is for a defensive cleric set.
Defenses are amazing, and this special attack is nice, but speed sucks. Uninvested flawless base 90 like Giratina will outspeed it. Should I keep it?

Edit: i eventually kept it. Do you think the bad speed is really an issue?
Fluze3:
HP Electric is pretty bad on Blastoise. It's resisted by Grass, a type Blastoise already has difficulty with, and to be stronger than Surf/Water Pulse (MegaLauncher), it has to be 4x effective. So it could maybe help you with, uhm, Swanna and Pelipper.
ShinyRegice: Great, but that speed is forcing you to run a bulky cleric set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)