That Totally Un-original Team

Coming back with my 2nd RMT is, as the title says, a team almost completely made of smogon sets.

Common Lead

Heatran (F) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

This four legged fire breather is a force to be reckoned with. Stealth rocks set up to make it easier to sweep and limit switching with flying types which threaten the main sweeper Infernape is never a bad thing. After its initial job will-o-wisp can cripple any unwilling physical attacker with the right prediction. It also isn't a complete dead weight after it's support role is done either, STAB Fire Blast and Earth power round out the set making for a potent combination.

Punch?

Infernape (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SpDef
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Blistering speed, strong STAB choice, a priority move, and a boosting move that many physical attacker envy. After a swords dance boost Infernape can get a garuanteed 2HKO on Tyranitar with its mach punch and an OHKO on most Lucario even without a boost. Fire Punch is run to limit recoil and provide a longer survivability as life orb and Flare Blitz recoil stack quickly.

Shrubs Hurt

Shaymin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Rest
- Seed Flare

With such an amazing movepool and base 100 stats all around who wouldn't want to use Shaymin? Seed Flare is the main STAB move and the crux of this set allowing to tear through bulky water types that dare oppose it. Earth power allows Shaymin to race through threats like Jirachi, Heatran, and others. Hidden Power Fire lets it roast threats like Scizor and Set-uppers like Forretress.

Does Bulky mean Fat?

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 Spd
Bold nature (+Def,-Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Surf
- Wish

Vaporeon, possibly the most used bulky water out there, but who can blame people with its irresistable movepool including wish, substitute, and the ability to pass those substitutes! Forming excellent synergy with Jolteon who, with volt absorb takes those thunderbolts easily.

Lightning Strike

Jolteon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Jolteon strikes fast and high-tails it out of there, outspeeding gengar to hit it with a super effective shadow ball and a STAB thunderbolt that will leave a dent in anything that doesn't resist it. Jolteon comes out strong and eases prediction somewhat with protect. Hidden Power ice allows for a quick take-down of Flygon and Dragonite.

Red Baron

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Lonely nature (+Atk,-Def)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

A great supporter even when not a sweeper. By taking advantage of its high attack and access to a priority move, Scizor becomes immediately threatening instead of having to spend a valuable turn setting up. U-turn allows for a quick retreat when in an unfavorable position. Pursuit destroys any form of rotom or starmie who try to get away.

A little help on this team would be much appreciated my record so far is 16-4. I feel like this team has a lot of potential but some holes in it too.

The first thing I see about your team is that only Shaymin resists Ground, meaning the team is wrecked by Ground types (Vaporeon doesn't appreciate switching in on a powerful one, and neither does Scizor). I would suggest Zapdos over Jolteon. It also provides you at least one Fighting resist, which is another thing you lack. These are both extremely common offensive types. Zapdos provides you something for both. Since you have a Grass type and lack an Ice move, use Hidden Power Ice on it, over Grass. It'll let you answer Dragonite and Flygon.

The first thing I see about your team is that only Shaymin resists Ground, meaning the team is wrecked by Ground types (Vaporeon doesn't appreciate switching in on a powerful one, and neither does Scizor). I would suggest Zapdos over Jolteon. It also provides you at least one Fighting resist, which is another thing you lack. These are both extremely common offensive types. Zapdos provides you something for both. Since you have a Grass type and lack an Ice move, use Hidden Power Ice on it, over Grass. It'll let you answer Dragonite and Flygon.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely try Zapdos over Jolteon. I think that I prefer to keep Hidden Power Ice on Zapdos though as It answers both Dragonite and Flygon easily.

I would probably consider changing jolteon for bulky scarf rotom instead, because the second you change jolteon to zapdos, you lose the only poke capable of forcing LO starmie out (scizor can kinda but can't switch into hpump or tbolt) whereas bulky scarf rotom can at least outspeed it, and with vappy passing wish to it, it should be very hard to wear down. It also patches your offensive gyara weakness, at the moment it can outspeed all members at +1 and sweep you pretty clean

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 HP/40 Sp.Atk/ 216 Spd
-Tbolt
-Hpump
-shadow ball
-trick

I'll probably post a more thorough rate when I get back from work lol hope this helps in the meantime

You can't really touch Gyarados after a DD, which is especially troublesome because it can set up on a lot of your team. I'd just play it safe and run Hidden Power Electric on Vaproeon, as it also gives you a means of damaging Starmie. You should probably run HP Electric and Protect over Substitute and Baton Pass, since it's more helpful to be able to beat these Waters than pass Subs to teammates.

Specs Shaymin is almost entirely outclassed by Life Orb Shaymin, which goes almost triple since you have Rest. Definitely run LO; the ability to switch attacks and heal immediately after attacking is way better than the slight power boost.

If I were you I'd run Substitute over Protect on Jolteon, since it's a little more useful for scouting Gliscor / Mamoswine / FLYGON switch ins so you don't need to blindly fire off Thunderbolts. Sub + LO means Jolteon will dies quickly, but it's not too big of a deal with Wish support from Vaporeon. You could also try Leftovers in place of LO, as Sub + Lefties Jolteon gives the absolute shits to most run of the mill offensive teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)