That OU Team You Face and go, "Really? A shiny? What a n00b"

This has been my go to team for a good few months now, and worked well entering competitive play for the first time. But, moving up Showdown, its cracks have begun to show, and I'd really appreciate any advice.
Froggy (Greninja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes
- Extrasensory

Greninja has been a great team player for me, usually my lead unles facing a Smeargle or Ferrothorn team. Ice Beam can STAB well, hitting a lot neutral and being my team's only ice move. Hydro Pump is over Surf because of its power, and Greninja not really having much HP (I'd rather have more chance to OHKO than get hit). Toxic Spikes because its unexpected, and can really help if you get two layers down, or even one, and has occasionally stalled some bad Toxic Blissey /Chancys. Extrasensory for Conkeldurr, and any other fighting types, since Fighting is a typical Frog counter.

Rinse Cycle (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Rest

Rotom Wash is my Semi-Wall, semi electric attacker. Its one of the pokemon I feel really comfortable using competitively. Hydro Pump for dat STAB tho, not much else as it can be risky. Will o Wisp is for when they counter with a physical attacker. Volt Switch is a good electric scouting stab, but stealth rocks kills it, so ChestonRest gives it a second wind. Considering giving this more defense however.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang

Before you hate on Shiny Mawile, its my only in game shiny I had for months, and have grown very fond. Sucker Punch lets me flex my brain power, which always makes battles more fun. Play Rough and Iron Head are main
attacks, for dealing with most enemies, but are standard Mega Mawile sets. Fire Fang for those dang people who chalenge your MMawile with another, and ferrothorn.

Dragonite @ Assault Vest
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Dragonite is a tank, I generally keep him out while the enemy sends all the annoyingly powerful ones at him, which he usually outspeeds and hugely dents for me. Dragon Claw for the Garchomps out there, and a good stab move. EQ to deal with any fire types for a good scare, or when nothing else hits as hard. Extreme Speed for a boosted quick attack, for when the enemy is red, and Fire Punch for when they send out Ferrothorn. Fire Punch is nice to have, although sometimes I wish I had Thunderpunch too.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

This is my weakest link, I feel anyway, he usually gets out sped and crushed before he can do much of anything. I added him whenTalonflame was huge, but now doesn't do much. Stealth Rock for some free damage, which usually kills Talonflame after it switches out on a Pursuit. Stone Edge is an unreliable stab which always seems to fail me, and Earthquake is good but never really does much. Chople berry is a pitiful attempt to stop all the fighting OHKO's.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Aaannndd Heatran. Flash Fire is great for switching in on a fire type vs Mawile, as it gets no damage and is a free switch. Earth Power takes care of the fire type, and Dragon Pulse is an unexpected Garchomp killer (who wastes a turn destroying air balloon). Flash Cannon is just a Steel Stab which is its go to move, like Fire Blast/Flamethrower.

So, my team obviously has a SR weakness, and a wall weakness. So any advice is really appreciated!

Don't run assault vest on Dragonite. Run this set, you can swap out fire punch if you want but the first three are pretty much mandatory
Dragonite @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

You might want to switch out tyranitar for scizor. He is my defogger and works as an excellent wall
Scizor @ leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Hmm, Scizor as a defogger would actually help me out a lot. And I'd been thinking no Leftovers on Dragonite because otherwise he'd have low defenss, but Leftovers might work out better... thanks for the advice, I'll try this out and experiment a bit.

I'd use Life orb in Gren. I hinders its ability to come into most stuff and kill them, but you lack a good spinner/defogger so Sash can be really pointless. Also, with LO, you can use Surf without worry. Iirc, there isn't any important KO HYdro pump gets over Surf, and since missing hydro pump really might kill you, I see no reason to risk, really. Maybe U-turn over Toxic Spikes? I mean, you're running 4 points in Attack that are being wasted, and U-turn lets you switch-out gaining momentum against potential threats.

Froggy (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald/Surf
- Dark Pulse / Water Shuriken
- Extrasensory

Life orb on greninja w/ Ice Beam can one shot through a Dnite's Multiscale, this is a necessary en-devour. I would also recommend if your gonna put anything into Atk to run water shuriken, its a good move if youve been para'd or you just need to get off the quick kill but personally i'd put the Ev's you have invested into Atk into Def and run Dark Pulse. Scald/Surf is a better option with you already running Hydro Pump on Rotom you need a perfect accuracy hit water move.

Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Rest

Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Dnite is to good to pass up as a physical sweeper, he is a very good setup and you get weakness policy off ALOT. Once thats set ive swept through entire teams with this set on him. Though personally I like DD over Fire Punch but thats just me personally.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Turn this man into a Bulky stealth rock setup and you have yourself a VERY solid poke. Personally if given the chance I would test replacing him with Landerous-T does his job but better.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon

He seems alright but personally if you feel your in need of another Def based poke I would go with Chansey for wish to heal your team up or Skaromory for anti-lead + setup.

Just would like to take note that you can't use Stealth Rock with Assault Vest, so that set won't work, TheWatchingSpirit.
I see Heatran as a better Stealth Rocker, so it seems a nice choice to change Dragon Pulse for Stealth Rock. I see that a more bulky option with 252SPDef instead of 252SPAtk may work better, and in this case use Roar instead of Flash Cannon and Lava Plume instead of Fire Blast.
I would seriously consider taking out Tyranitar and put something like Gliscor or Landorus-T to get resistance to Fighting and immunity to Ground, making good sinnergy with Heatran.
Rotom-W has the set to fit the use of Choice Specs in order to bring it more power, if you choose to use change Rest for Trick.

Just would like to take note that you can't use Stealth Rock with Assault Vest, so that set won't work, TheWatchingSpirit.
I see Heatran as a better Stealth Rocker, so it seems a nice choice to change Dragon Pulse for Stealth Rock. I see that a more bulky option with 252SPDef instead of 252SPAtk may work better, and in this case use Roar instead of Flash Cannon and Lava Plume instead of Fire Blast.
I would seriously consider taking out Tyranitar and put something like Gliscor or Landorus-T to get resistance to Fighting and immunity to Ground, making good sinnergy with Heatran.
Rotom-W has the set to fit the use of Choice Specs in order to bring it more power, if you choose to use change Rest for Trick.
your right sorry forgot that for a sec xD, in addition I am glad you agree. Dropping T-Tar for Landerous-T would help balance ALOT

I'd use Life orb in Gren. I hinders its ability to come into most stuff and kill them, but you lack a good spinner/defogger so Sash can be really pointless. Also, with LO, you can use Surf without worry. Iirc, there isn't any important KO HYdro pump gets over Surf, and since missing hydro pump really might kill you, I see no reason to risk, really. Maybe U-turn over Toxic Spikes? I mean, you're running 4 points in Attack that are being wasted, and U-turn lets you switch-out gaining momentum against potential threats.
I've been trying this out, it works really well. I had stopped running a LO set a while ago, but forgot why, although I see no good reason now. Thanks!

Froggy (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald/Surf
- Dark Pulse / Water Shuriken
- Extrasensory

Life orb on greninja w/ Ice Beam can one shot through a Dnite's Multiscale, this is a necessary en-devour. I would also recommend if your gonna put anything into Atk to run water shuriken, its a good move if youve been para'd or you just need to get off the quick kill but personally i'd put the Ev's you have invested into Atk into Def and run Dark Pulse. Scald/Surf is a better option with you already running Hydro Pump on Rotom you need a perfect accuracy hit water move.

Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Rest

Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Dnite is to good to pass up as a physical sweeper, he is a very good setup and you get weakness policy off ALOT. Once thats set ive swept through entire teams with this set on him. Though personally I like DD over Fire Punch but thats just me personally.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Turn this man into a Bulky stealth rock setup and you have yourself a VERY solid poke. Personally if given the chance I would test replacing him with Landerous-T does his job but better.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon

He seems alright but personally if you feel your in need of another Def based poke I would go with Chansey for wish to heal your team up or Skaromory for anti-lead + setup.
As above, LONinja is working really well, thanks for the EV advice too. Good to know it helps OHKO a dragonite!! :D
I hadn't even considered a weakness policy on Dragonite, and it makes perfect sense, so thanks for that advice as well!
I'lk be replacing Tyranitar thouh, he really pulls me down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)