Teenager murders mother & sister, calmly calls 911 afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
stolen from neogaf

Jake Evans, a 17-year-old boy from Aledo, Texas, called the local police department admitting to killing his mother and 15-year-old sister. The amazing 911 operator stayed on the phone with Evans until the police arrived and he fully cooperated with the operator and did not seem remorseful of his actions.

From listening to the 911 recording, Jason called the police about 30 minutes after killing them. Evans calmly speaks to the operator and explains what happened and how he murdered his mother and sister.

Jake states, “I don’t really like people’s attitude. They’re … verbally rude to each other and stuff like that.” That statement is the only sort of reasoning for these actions. Evans continues stating, “I wasn’t even really angry with them. It just kind of happened. I’ve been kind of planning on killing for a while now.”

Luckily (If you call anything in this situation lucky), the father was out of town on business and Jake’s other sisters were either away at college or living in another city.

Jake explains to the operator that he is considers himself evil and is terrified of the nightmares that will follow. He was taken into custody calmly and is being charged with capital murder and denied bail.

I am going to post the YouTube video of the 911 conversation, it is not for the faint of heart. Warning: Watch at your own risk!
audio recording. it's fairly tame.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Some people are just inherently slightly fucked in the head, I don't know what else to say about it.
Not much else to say about it, really.

That being said we're going to be hearing dozens of talking heads' takes on this over the week.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is going to sound fucked up, but I somewhat feel sorry for him.

Fortunately he was caught before becoming some sort of mass murderer.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's at least good that the guy cooperated and turned himself in instead of escaping and possibly killing more people. This kind of stuff is disturbing though, as you really can't attach any sort of reasoning or purpose to it. It's awful that people can just murder other humans remorselessly and stay so calm about it, especially without any kind of training to control emotions.

I just can't understand things like this. In the phone conversation he didn't sound evil. He didn't really sound remorseful but he also didn't sound proud of it. It's fascinating how some people can just be so psychologically messed up.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the scary thing is that he said he was thinking of killing for a while, and that it could be anybody, then realizing that he's not the only one like that.

There's more to this, of course. Unfortunately for him committing the crime in Texas almost assures the death penalty.

I am not a psychologist or anything so I can't comment on why but thoughts go out to the family, the people effected and this poor kid.

There's more to this, of course. Unfortunately for him committing the crime in Texas almost assures the death penalty.
Not if he's a minor. Supreme Court stopped executions of minors around 2005 I think. (Edit: Yeah, it's Roper v. Simmons)
Also he might be able to plead insanity, I obviously don't know enough about his current mental state to tell. Sure, he sounded calm and somewhat collected on the phone, but that could just be an indicator that he was beyond regular insanity, that he had lived like that so long that it had become normal for him. It's terrible that things like this happen, and it's also terrible that people will try provide a singular cause for this (gun control, drugs, etc) when it's clearly far too complicated for any of us to understand. My condolences for the family, and for anyone who is that mentally broken.

Not if he's a minor. Supreme Court stopped executions of minors around 2005 I think. (Edit: Yeah, it's Roper v. Simmons)
Also he might be able to plead insanity, I obviously don't know enough about his current mental state to tell. Sure, he sounded calm and somewhat collected on the phone, but that could just be an indicator that he was beyond regular insanity, that he had lived like that so long that it had become normal for him. It's terrible that things like this happen, and it's also terrible that people will try provide a singular cause for this (gun control, drugs, etc) when it's clearly far too complicated for any of us to understand. My condolences for the family, and for anyone who is that mentally broken.
Rick Perry~

not feeling remorse after committing acts of evil is a sure sign of a psychopath. fortunately this kid is a psychopath who cooperates with police instead of going on a killing spree. idk what to say really, other than theres something clearly wrong with him.

if he pleads insanity, it might have some viability, but considering that only 5% of criminals who plead insanity actually get it, theres a good chance he will be locked up/put to death (i'm not sure about the death penalty laws in texas).

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You have to be 18 in Texas to get the death penalty, so no, he won't be executed.

The kid's clearly a psychopath, and I'm feeling a strange mix of loathing and pity towards him. Not really sure what I'm hoping for at this point.

This will sound really weird, but I kind of see where he is coming from. I'm no murderer but I don't think it is too weird. I am not endorsing it but just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)