Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Browser: Google Chrome,mobile and
application
Other browser: I've tried this in the PS program, Google Chrome, and on Opera
When started: Last week
Username: DeadKenta
Problem: PS is under heavy load and cannot accommodate your connection right now.
Your IP address was flagged for connection flooding and temp banned. It should resolve itself if you wait a few hours.

Browser: Google Chrome
Other Browser: (Works in Safari and PS Program, but my teams are on Chrome)
When Started: Yesterday
Username: TezGreninja
Problem: Showdown displays "Loading Client", but no matter how long the page is open and how many times I refresh it, the client just wouldn't load.

• Web Browser: Chrome
  • I tried Firefox and desktop app and there are no problems
  • The problem started 1 day ago
  • PS Username: DebiruWing
  • Every 5-10 min I get disconnected from servers (I play on a laptop with very good wifi connection, on pc I have no problems)

1. Operating system: Android
  2. Web Browser: Chrome
  3. When did this problem start? A lot of time ago, but didn't happened frequently since very recent.
  4. PS username: on both Sabbio and other alts
  5. Problem: When I connect with mobile data sometimes it disconnects without notifying me.

1. Chrome OS (Pretty Crappy but dont worry boot it)
  2. Chrome
  3. Firefox
  4. Since I first tried To make an account, so around August 13th
  5. Messendzher
  6. I've wanted the name "TheMessenger" since I created an account but it says "Username is no longer available" at first I thought this meant someone had the name, but I've come to realize no one has the name and I simply cant change my name to it for some weird reason. Minor issue I know, but I thought this would be the best place to come with this issue as its the only support forum I can find.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
  1. Chrome OS (Pretty Crappy but dont worry boot it)
  2. Chrome
  3. Firefox
  4. Since I first tried To make an account, so around August 13th
  5. Messendzher
  6. I've wanted the name "TheMessenger" since I created an account but it says "Username is no longer available" at first I thought this meant someone had the name, but I've come to realize no one has the name and I simply cant change my name to it for some weird reason. Minor issue I know, but I thought this would be the best place to come with this issue as its the only support forum I can find.
The name is disabled, possibly for being inactive/comprimised.

Other browser: Firefox
When started: Years ago
Username: Trajer
Problem: I've asked about this before, I think last year. But I'm trying to play this at work (lots of downtime - don't judge!) and since my work uses a VPN I'm unable to play it. I've tried both browser and application and neither can connect to the network. Is there ANY way to bypass this VPN block? I can't NOT use it at work, I have to be on a VPN for my company's security.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Other browser: Firefox
When started: Years ago
Username: Trajer
Problem: I've asked about this before, I think last year. But I'm trying to play this at work (lots of downtime - don't judge!) and since my work uses a VPN I'm unable to play it. I've tried both browser and application and neither can connect to the network. Is there ANY way to bypass this VPN block? I can't NOT use it at work, I have to be on a VPN for my company's security.
No there isnt. You cannot speak (are locked) while using a VPN, when you get home if you disable it and logout youll be unlocked. The reason for this is that VPNs are used to evade punishments alot.

No there isnt. You cannot speak (are locked) while using a VPN, when you get home if you disable it and logout youll be unlocked. The reason for this is that VPNs are used to evade punishments alot.
That's a shame. I understand why it's done, but I never have time to play at home and have ample downtime at work, so it'd be great to be able to play here. Oh well.

1. Operating system windows 10
  2. (Web Browser) using the client to play, but i use chrome mainly
  3. (Other Browsers?) i have edge
  4. (When did this problem start?) this happened a atleast a few months ago
  5. (PS username) weltandmelt
  6. (Problem) when i am in a battle, my client randomly closes, i play off and on, so when it first happened i thought it was a temperary thing, so i never looked into it farther.

1. Windows 10
  2. The application you download
  3. Chrome, Firefox, Edge. Showdown works correctly on all of these.
  4. About an hour ago
  5. shanejpark
  6. When I open showdown on my computer (not browser, the physical application), it won't load. On the top left below the "Pokémon Showdown! Beta" logo, where you usually can find the list of formats you can play and your team are, a transparent box with "Initializing...DONE/Loading libraries...DONE/Loading data...DONE/Loading client..." has been appearing instead, as shown in the image I've attached. I'm not sure why, since showdown is working on all the browsers I've tested. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling showdown, keeping the window open for a while, closing other applications, etc. and it still hasn't been working.

Hey uhmmm.. my PS Username is FakeDoHollow and i'm having problems in connecting and stay connected
It started 2 days ago...
In the start i just couldn't connect, so i tried connecting with HTTPS and it worked, in the other day the same message appears, so i tried to play with HTTPS and it didn't worked...
I tried to reinstall PS, it "did" work, but after 10-20mins i just got disconnected and the same message appeared
Tried to play in my smartphone, didn't work
Already checked internet so i'm sure that it isn't any internet issue
All my friends that play PS can connect in it..
Here's a following image of the issue:
Hope anyone can help me ;-;

Attachments

Hello!! I've a problem with showdown for Android. I cannot do login and the game logs with guest account itself. I cannot change nothing.. I tried to unstall the game and install again but nothing...
Can you help me, please ?

Ps. There's a bug.. When I want to use heal pulse on my Pokémon.. The game write error (always only on Android app) and don't work it.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hello!! I've a problem with showdown for Android. I cannot do login and the game logs with guest account itself. I cannot change nothing.. I tried to unstall the game and install again but nothing...
Can you help me, please ?

Ps. There's a bug.. When I want to use heal pulse on my Pokémon.. The game write error (always only on Android app) and don't work it.
The Android app is not made by PS devs and is, from what I've heard, not that well supported either. Errors like that are not within our reach and it's better for you to just use the website on mobile instead.

1. Win 10
  2. chrome
  3. edge
  4. today
  5. G3ARJAX
  6. I accidentally logged in while my Nord VPN was still on, I got the warning message, I shut it off, and now that its off PS seems to think my actual ip is a proxy, I tried closing and opening PS and I tried restarting my computer but PS still thinks I'm using a proxy. This is happening on the .exe and the web version, if this could be fixed, I would appreciate it.
Update: it seems to have sorted itself out.

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
  1. Win 10
  2. chrome
  3. edge
  4. today
  5. G3ARJAX
  6. I accidentally logged in while my Nord VPN was still on, I got the warning message, I shut it off, and now that its off PS seems to think my actual ip is a proxy, I tried closing and opening PS and I tried restarting my computer but PS still thinks I'm using a proxy. This is happening on the .exe and the web version, if this could be fixed, I would appreciate it.
Update: it seems to have sorted itself out.
The solution is to /logout after disabling your VPN.

Navigator: Chrome Mobile
PS name: Mavesin
Today
Problem : can't access PS, instead I get the following error message on a blank page:
include_once() called at [/var/www/html/pokemonshowdown.com/index.php:41]

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Navigator: Chrome Mobile
PS name: Mavesin
Today
Problem : can't access PS, instead I get the following error message on a blank page:
include_once() called at [/var/www/html/pokemonshowdown.com/index.php:41]
Yo Malv, same things going on with me! Does that mean PS is dead?...
Were aware of the issue, and are looking into it. No PS is not dead, its just a technical issue. All other pages/ect are operational.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)