Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've downloaded the PO application. When I try to connect to the Pokemon Online battle server I'm asked to enter a password. I do so and I recieve the message "Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection." Does this mean the server is down?

I'm also not entirely sure if I did the password think correctly. Was I just supposed to make one up or was I supposed to register somewhere?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you get that before registering the name you are using it means someone else has registered it. You will have to choose another name.

OK, so I downloaded it, and made my teams and everything, but when i try to do anything (find battles, chat, etc.) it does nothing. However, I can still read what other people are saying. I might just uninstall and reinstall it, or use my better desktop instead of this retarded laptop.

I exited the server to try to create another name, but when i tried to go back to my regular username it wouldn't except my password.

Why is it that I get this message?

(17:12:16) Connected to Server!
Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection
(17:12:17) Disconnected from Server!

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've downloaded the PO application. When I try to connect to the Pokemon Online battle server I'm asked to enter a password. I do so and I recieve the message "Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection." Does this mean the server is down?

I'm also not entirely sure if I did the password think correctly. Was I just supposed to make one up or was I supposed to register somewhere?
Your name was taken. Try a different one.

Alrite this is getting kind of annoying. I've been d/ced three times from this shit server costing me several -20 diffs. So much for reqs...

Hey there. =)
It's my first time connecting to the Smogon server on Pokemon online, though everytime it comes up with this error:

"Error while connected to server - received error nº5: Connection timed out"

Now, I'm at a bit of a loss since I've added Pokemon Online to my firewall exceptions, I've reinstalled, and I can even join other servers, just not this one. also, google searches don't come up with anything useful.

Does anyone by any chance know how I can fix this? =) Thanks for your patience in helping out a noob.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hey there. =)
It's my first time connecting to the Smogon server on Pokemon online, though everytime it comes up with this error:

"Error while connected to server - received error nº5: Connection timed out"

Now, I'm at a bit of a loss since I've added Pokemon Online to my firewall exceptions, I've reinstalled, and I can even join other servers, just not this one. also, google searches don't come up with anything useful.

Does anyone by any chance know how I can fix this? =) Thanks for your patience in helping out a noob.
im getting the same thing, i didnt even know there was a tech support thread so i made a new topic but this hasnt been addressed in 4 days so it might get some attention at least!

This started happening a really long time ago, but i have been too lazy to do anything about it. The problem is this: i try to go onto the server, but i disconnect. Then when i try again, it says i'm permanently banned. I have no idea how this happened, as i have always followed the rules/ tried my best to follow the rules. One thing that is noteworthy is that i got a new router semi recently, so i think that i may have gotten a new ip address that is already banned. I really have no idea. I would really appreciate if i could get unbanned from the server, and i wouldn't do anything against the rules if unbanned.

EDIT: if this is not the right place to post this, sorry, and it would be nice if someone told me where to post this

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The account "1001100110" is banned and has the same IP as yours. I've unbanned it. Please do not do anything to get banned in the future.

thank you so much i wont do anything bad
Edit: it still says i'm banned.
file:///Users/ben/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-06-11%20at%207.15.26%20PM.png

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Upload the picture using www.tinypic.com

I have also checked all the alts connected to 1001100110 and none of them are banned. If you can think of any other alts you may have used in the past, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)