Team Something or other(Standard OU)

I've used this team for quite a while, and I have done alright with it. I do want to know any ways I can improve though.

At a glance:

Lead/Physical sweeper:

"Bulky tauntados"
Adamant
Leftovers
216 Hp/16 Attack/176 Def/100 Speed
<3 Waterfall
<3 Earthquake/Stone edge
<3 Taunt
<3 Dragon dance
Pretty standard here, although it doesn't mean that it can not sweep teams. With Skymin around Seed flaring everything, counters such as Vaporeon are going to become less common if (god fobid), it stays in OU.
This set have problems with the mentioned Vapoureon, but also Salamence.
I am thinking of changing the nature to Impish, to help me counter Scizor better, among other non eletric using physical sweepers.
I'm thinking of replace this with Sword dancing Breloom or a Weavile.

Physical wall/Spiker:

" I miss when Close combat did not exist"
Impish
Shed shell
252 HP/4 Att/252 Def
<3 Whirlwind
<3 Drill peck
<3 Roost
<3 Spikes
Again standard. I am thinking of replacing this with Gliscor, but I usually need spike support to win.
You should know what this does, if not, then it attempts to wall physical based pokemon and hopefully get three layers of spikes down, then whirlwind pokemon away to collect damage.
Besides to usual any-special-attack problems it has, it also is get two hit ko'ed by beasts like Lucario(after a swords dance) and heracross.

Special wall:

"Commence calling Dis cheap"
Bold(Natural cure)
Leftovers(I don't play under item clause)
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
<3 Sesmic toss/ HP ground(testing)
<3 Softboiled
<3 Ice beam
<3 Toxic
Yes, SkarmBliss. I may not keep Skarm for much longer though.
Basically, a Counter/Special wall blob. Counters physical sweeper( as in the move) and stops special sweepers(Does a treat for mixed sweepers not named Infernape too). I have toxic because the most common switch in for my Bliss seems to be Metagross( Some Machamp like No guard over guts as well). Ice beam is there to hit Outrage Mence, Skymin and other stuff.
I have encountered problems with Heatran using this set, Heatran usually explodes and takes Blissey with it.

Mixed(?) Sweeper:

" Am I going to be named Garchomp just because an 100 speed DDable Outrage?"
Adamant
Focus sash
252 Att/4 Def/252 spe
<3 Dragon dance
<3 Outrage
<3 Flamethrower/fire fang?
<3 Earthquake
The spread is Nooby, I know.
Another Dragon dance-sweep in my team. With outrages, it KO's a lot of things it could not before. Flamethrower is to hit steels and Earthquake is for coverage(And to hit that Heatran!)

Mixed sweeper:

"You doing see me around, not lately"
Naive
Life orb
128 Att/ 128 Sp.att/252 Speed(De ja vu? I need to stop doing this)
<3 HP ice
<3 Grass knot
<3 Flamethrower
<3 Close combat
Life orb Mixape. Close combat for Stab and Bliss+Lax, Grass knot for waters and grounds, Flamethroer for stab and HP for dragons.
I have been using HP ice less since Chomp went, should I keep it? I never get time if Nasty plot.
Problems with Vapoureon and Tentacruel at the moment, should I replace HP with Thunderpunch?

Spinner/Rocker/Emergency physical wall:

"I'm becoming less emergency you know"
Impish
Leftovers
252 Hp/4 Att/252 Def
<3 Earthquake
<3 Ice shard
<3 Stealth rock
<3 Rapid spin
Second physical wall, stealth rocker and spinner. Ice shard is for prioty and if I'm one on one with Mence or Skymin.
I have had no problems so far with this guy, besides the special waters/grassers.

Threat list:
vapoureon: Bliss is to only thing that can take it, but who says it wont switch into a guts heracross? Bliss still somewhat deal with it.
Heatran: No counters. Bliss stalls it and Mixape/ Mence can take fire blasts and KO back. Now have HP/ Sesmic toss to deal with it on Bliss
Zapdos: Can toxic stall Blissey, thunderbolt skarm and gyra. HP ice for Mence and Donphan. Mixape can not switch in. Sesmic toss on Blissey deals with it.

Possible donphan replacement:

"Spinner"

Timid
Natural cure
Leftovers(?)
160 HP/132 Sp.att/216 Spe
<3 Ice beam/Thunderbolt(After a few DDs, both Salamence and Gyrados rip through this team)
<3 Recover
<3 Rapid spin
<3 surf

Please tell me in what ways I can inprove this time.

Edits are in bold.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I'm down with Shed Shell > Leftovers as well, you have Roost and you don't want some random ass Magnezone taking out Skarmory.

Heatran can be stopped by Blissey, you're just using the wrong set. For one, I don't know what are you doing letting Blissey take hits and hit them back with Counter, that strategy is old and does not work, Blissey shouldn't be taking blows like that. Seismic Toss over Counter will help you with Heatran and Zapdos, with Toxic and Seismic Toss you'll be doing alot to themand they will either switch out or die. You can have problems with MixApe, the HP Ice variants for the most part since they can actually take down Salamence, but Gyarados can probably handle it, and the non-HP Ice variants can be handles by Salamence with ease, just watch out for them. You need coverage against Gyarados, which can destroy this team alone after some Dragon Dances, so I would strongly suggest replacing Donphan with Starmie, Starmie will Rapid Spin and be useful at countering Starmie and MixApe too, and is a fast sweeper in general.

If you fear Skymin, Flamethrower could be an option over Ice Beam, you'll have a harder time predicting a Heatran, but you will still hit Skymin and other annoying steels like Foretress that try to use Blissey as set up bait, and still hit Gengar as well. 116 Atk / 216 SpAtk / 176 Spe if the standard MixMence, but your MixMence does not look like a MixMence at all, maybe you should use Draco Meteor over Outrage, since it won't really work that way, or you could just go with a DD Outrage Salamence if you want to use Outrage, which Outrage will benefit more out of.

Just expanding on what Venom said, you could run something like Hidden Power Ground / Flamethrower / Wish or Softboiled / Seismic Toss, Ice Beam or Toxic. Hidden Power Ground helps with your Heatran problem, as I personally find Seismic Toss a tad unreliable to deal with it, especially RestTalk versions of whom you shall get into a stall war with, with Heatran eventually stalling you out of PP due to Rest. Hidden Power Ground would also help with Tyranitar. Wish or Softboiled is your choice, and the last slot can go to Seismic Toss, Ice Beam or Toxic. Ice Beam helps more with Shaymin, but Flamethrower still hits that, albeit not as hard. Toxic can be used for stalling and hurts with Sandstream, (as well as helping against things with Life Orb!) and works well coverage wise with Flamethrower (which hits Lucario switch-ins!) and Hidden Power Ground, although Seismic Toss will help you beat Raikou easier (if Raikou has a few Calm Minds, Hidden Power Ground and Blissey's moderate Special Attack is a bit unreliable).

This is just to generally make life easier.

Actually, I would probably use some insurance against Lucario.

An Adamant +1 Life Orb Lucario does 107.01% - 126.23% (Swords Dance - Intimidate), even Jolly does 97.14% - 114.81%.

All right, I've done a few changes based on the advice given to be( Thanks guys!) These include:
Possible stone edge on Gyra(To deal with Mence)
Shed shell on Skarm(I am seeing a lot of zones without Chomp now)
sesmic toss or HP ground on Blissey(I need advice with this one, sesmic toss is reliable damage, HP ground hits to problem heatran)
Changes in nature, EV's and possibly a not for Mence(fire fang over flamethroer?)
Possible replacement for Donphan- Starmie.
Anything else I could do you improve this team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)