Team FAT

Hello, my name's Garagara. I have a stupid need to make teams with a specific pattern, such as every poke evolving 3 times, or one being from every gen (plus 1 of whatever), or something dumb. This team was supposed to be all 3 evo pokes, and it almost is.

But during my stupidness, I actually developed a pretty good team with a certain playstyle that ended up working pretty well. I'm not a huge fan of hyperoffense, and I can't stand stall either. This one's kind of a mix of both. They're pretty much all slow, bulky pokes with a ton of priority. This team's gotten me pretty high on the ladder, I think the highest was around 100 on PO's dream world. And I don't spend much time at all on it, so I think it's pretty cool.

So, without any further wasting of peoples' time...

THE DUDES

So yeah the teambuilding process made no real sense and took place over a long period of time. I'm also pretty terrible with EV's, and so the numbers are probably gonna be pretty lame.

Eelektross
@leftovers
252 hp/252 spa/4 def
Modest Nature
Levitate

Flamethrower
Grass knot
Thunderbolt
Volt Change

My usual lead. For a long time I tried to do the traditional thing, with SR leads, antileads, suicide leads, what have you. But team preview makes all this a lot more difficult, so most of the time predicting the right poke to lead with is all you really need to do, IMO. Anyways, I love this guy. He's pretty bulky, and has no weaknesses. For a while there haxorus was running a bit rampant, and with mold breaker he gave this guy problems, but I haven't seen them around that much. With these 3 move types, he hits a lot of stuff for unexpected SE damage, taking out nattoreis, scizors, gyaradoses, the genies (Minus landorus), rotom forms, and a few other things. Unfortunately he doesn't have many other special options, and I haven't had much success with a mixed or physical set. He's not useless or anything, but he miiight have to go. Maybe. The flying/electric resist and ground immunity is pretty important for my team, and no weaknesses, immunities to spikes/tspikes is also awesome.

Togekiss
@Choice Scarf
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Hp
Timid Nature
Serene grace

Air slash
Trick
Flamethrower
Aura sphere

Yeah, I know, it's mean. But I don't feel too bad, simply because of its unpopularity and because Jirachi does the same thing, but is more OP, in my opinion. Anyway I really think trick is a must have on every team. There's so often that one poke that your team can't do squat to at the end of a match, when your counters to it are KO'd. Trick neuters everything, and I love it. It also makes a pretty mean lead a lot of the time, with it's high speed and hax, it's kind of a fail safe. There really aren't that many flying resists out there anymore, except steels and rocks, which is what the last two moves are for. They're rarely used though, unless the Scarf's already tricked, since I won't be staying in against Ttars or anything anytime soon.

Scizor
@Leftovers
252 Atk/252 Hp/4 SpD
Adamant Nature
technician

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Aerial ace

Scizor. The man. Just the coolest poke ever. Ash should really think about getting one ' these bad boys. So yeah, the first of my priority users, and one of the best there is. There's not much to say about scizor that hasn't already been said. I do think that I'm going to change him up a bit though, make him more Specially defensive. Seems all scizors are going that way, and I may do the same. Friggen Latios needs to be banned again damnit. Scizor's kinda dieing though I think, with all the damn 5th gen threats out there. Jellicent is getting more popular, who Scizor hates, but I'm not sure if I want to put night slash on there or not. And gliscor/landorus take diddly from any of these moves too. So yeah, suggestions are welcome. Keeping scizor, for sure, but moveset can definately be changed.

Azumarill
@Choice Band
252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant Nature
Huge power

Aqua Jet
Ice punch
Superpower
Return

Yeah, he's actually pretty bulky, and yeah, Aqua Jet does a ton of damage, but Azumarill isn't that great. He's a great check against dory, urugamosu, anything else weak to water, but he's absolutely stopped cold by jellicent/most bulky waters. I like him because he's got the strongest jet around, and he's a 3 evo poke, but other than that he can be dead weight some games. Not to mention the prevalence of sun and rain teams. He actually does terribly against both, since sun weakens aqua jet and rain teams are full of water types and powerfull electric moves. Thinking about feraligatr, with encourage and swords dance, I bet his aqua jet's pretty mean too. Also the only poke on my team who cares about tspikes.

Conkeldurr
@Big Root
252 Def/252 Atk/4 SpD
Adamant Nature
Guts

Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Payback

Ah, Conkeldurr. The baddassiest/scariest poke there is. I really don't like his name though. Seriously, both his prevos have way better names. Timburr and gurdurr are great. ANYWAYS, yeah he rocks your socks. Big Root might seem a little strange, but that extra drainage is awesome. And personally, I prefer payback to stone edge, taking out jellicent pretty handily. Not to mention guts, taking poison and paralysis like a champ and hitting haaard. This guys mach punch is insanely strong, and is another surefire dory kill. He's also very tough with maxed out def.

Reuniclus
@Life Orb
252 Hp/252 SpA/4 Def
Quiet Nature
Magic Guard

Trick Room
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

And the coolest poke ever made. Seriously, he's so original, I love this little cutie. I still remember seeing him for the first time in that triple battle screenshot forever ago, and I was really hoping he's be awesome. I also thought he'd be grass/ghost, but w/e. This dude is the glue for my team. With the exception of togekiss and (Kinda) scizor, my team's all super slow, and all of them can take advantage of TR. Plus, with all the priority, all I really have to do is weaken the enemy team a bit for Reuniclus to do his thing, which is easier since they always go first and are guaranteed to do at least some damage. But even without their help, Jello here has 5 free turns of massacres if he can get TR up, which is really easy if you're not a dolt.

So yeah, that's the team. I might have to replace some pokes, but it's been doing pretty well thus far.

Okay, first off i suggest you change your lead to a Borutorosu. It is faster, has mischievous heart, and really can pack more of a punch.
Borutorosu
@Leftovers/Life Orb
252 sp Att/4 sp Def/252 spe (lol you put spa)
Timid/Modest (timid is recommended for outspeeding quite a few other leads)
Mischievous heart
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Change
-Focus Blast
-Taunt/Nasty Plot/Thunder Wave
This set really just overall is much better than the eel lol.
It can scout, just destroy with stab, or cripple a poke as it goes down when needed.

Togekiss should run Fire Blast over flamethrower because it is running timid and won't have that extra punch that FB has. Or change it to modest, which isn't really isn't suggested.

Scizor: Run Roost over aerial ace. AA really is terrible, especially since it isn't stab and when there is a clause specifically banning moves like double team :p
Also, i'd run careful nature if you so wish to survive hp fire from a latios/other LOer who are common on rain teams. But, adamant can stay because it is still very nice on scizor anyways (even tho you have SD).

Azumarill: Looks good except for I'd run max speed instead of HP.

Conkeldurr looks fine. The standard set, and it is a good one.

Reuniclus: You really have to run recover if you want to be an effective sweeper. Run that over Shadow Ball.

Once these changes are made, this will be a good team. GL!

Thanks for the tips!

Borutorosu actually loses to eelektross 1v1, and has much better coverage than electric/focus miss. I already have togekiss/conkeldurr/reuniclus and azumarill for fighting moves anyways.

Changed Flamethrower for FB, you're probably right there.

I think I'll stick with adamant on scizor for the huge BPs. The reason I run aerial ace is because fighting is s common this gen, and it's 60 BP which is perfect with technician. However, I was thinking of going with roost anyways, and with that comment I probably will.

Reuniclus, with a TR set, needs shadow ball. Go try it out, you'll see I'm right. Recover's needed for cm sets mostly.

Yeah TR Reuniclus has no reason NOT to run shadow ball

Scizor needs roost over Aerial Ace, it isn't really helping him out in any way since he still gets fucked by fighting types like conkledurr

And please replace Eelectross with boru, its better in every possible way(as Eos said) unless you want it to work in trick room, it doesn't matter if he loses to the eel 1v1

Conkeldurr looks fine. The standard set, and it is a good one.

Reuniclus: You really have to run recover if you want to be an effective sweeper. Run that over Shadow Ball.
There is nothing standard about that item or EV spread. Fact is that Leftovers is a far superior revoery move since it heals every turn, not just when you use Drain Punch, and over time the healing is more significant. Also, Jellicent without Taunt is Bulk Up fodder, Stone Edge has no problem killing it especially if it activates Guts for you. You're losing out on a lot more OHKOs without Stone Edge. Also, no HP or SpD EVs means you're going to die to special attacks far too easily. Use 120 HP / 252 At / 136 SpD.

And CM Reuniclus needs Recover, TR Reuniclus needs Shadow Ball. He gets perfect coverage and can hit many opposing Psychic and Ghost types.

BTW Garagara, this style you've discovered is what we call bulky offense. Welcome to the club,.

Thanks for the conkeldurr tips, but I'm not sure that I'm going to change the ev's yet. Full defense lets me take on chomp without any boosts. Not switch in on it, but if it switches in on me/tries to revenge. But I'm not saying I discovered a new playstyle, just that I found one that works well for me. Plus TR and so much priority, I'd like to think it's a little unique at least.

Edit: And yeah I'm leaving azumarill with max hp lol >.< Though I might still switch him out alltogether.

A banded Outrage maybe, but if a Garchomp is switching in on you, you should always BU on the switch. But anyway, I don't think chomp can OHKO Conkeldur without band or Sword Dance. All you have to do is Drain Punch to heal most of the damage and then finish with Mach Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)