Team Desolation

Team​
Desolation​
At a Glance:

The main basis of this team is not to repeat types, but still have a fearsome team.I hope you enjoy the read, and please rate while you criticize.

Jirachi@ChoiceScarf
Jolly;80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Def
~ Iron Head
~ Stealth Rock
~ Trick
~ U-turn
My lead. Lays down SR, attacks with a STAB move with double the normal flinching rate and tricking away choice scarf allowing him to U-Turn at will. Many leads won't even be able to setup with the flinch-rate making Jirachi a superb anti-lead.

Tyranitar@ChoiceScarf
Jolly;4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Stone Edge
~ Superpower
~ Crunch
~ Fire Punch
Choice Scarf Tyranitar is really helpful revenge killer hitting many targets such as Scizor, and Weavile with Superpower and Fire Punch. Stone Edge, and Crunch for STAB. Tyranitar easily outspeeds many common threats with scarf as well.

Gengar@LifeOrb
Timid;4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Fire
Standard Gengar with great coverage, and life orb is necessary to finish off the job. Thunderbolt takes care of those bulky water types(especially Gyrados), and certain flying types. Not to mention my team's inability to handle water types. Shadow Ball for the STAB. Focus Blast generates ridiculous damage with Gengar's special attack, and Life Orb. HP Fire for coverage, and the lack of fire moves on my team to combat Forretress & Scizor's.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold;188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
~ Wish
~ Roar
~ Surf
~ HP Electric
Standard Support Vaporeon as a Healer. Wish heals the team while Wish+Protect heals himself. Surf for the STAB, HP Electric for the coverage against. I'm not fully sure if I want to use HP Electric or Roar on this one. I'm also deciding on using a SubPassing Vaporeon for support.

Gallade@ExpertBelt
Adamant;56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Leaf Blade
~ Shadow Sneak
He's no Scizor, but I wanted to try him as a revenge killer(hence Shadow Sneak), and a way to cover types Tyranitar doesn't. Psycho Cut is great for STAB, and high critical hit ratio of course. Close Combat is also for the STAB, and base 120 power it has. Ice Punch for coverage, and possible freezing ability. I might replace shadow sneak with Leaf Blade since this team has a huge weakness against ground, and water types such as Swampert.

Gliscor@LeftOvers
Jolly; 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~ Stone Edge
Ahhh I love this moveset. Comes in withstands hits, sets up, and then sweeps. Roost heals him while he sets up. EQ for the STAB, and Stone Edge for it's base 100 power/high crit-hit ratio. The Lum Berry is there incase of status effects that defeat his purpose(burn/paralyze).

Changes in Bold.

I'd keep Shadow Sneak on Galade simply because he needs a Priority move. Why they didn't give him Mach Punch is a mystery to me. Keep Hidden Power Fire on Gengar because it covers Steels. You'll have to be careful of Scizor since he can punch through half of your team with little worries, but your Gliscor does help cover that weakness. Gyarados can set up on Blissey, and if you aren't careful, he'll take out your Gengar and proceed to wipe the rest of your team. I would suggest replacing Blissey with Latias, but your Blissey is a Healer...hmmm...I'll give you the set regardless.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset:
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Trick

Latias makes a fine Gyarados Counter, a great Revenge Killer, a good Wall Tricker, and a good Wall Breaker with this set. It allows her to take out many problems, such as Salamence, Gyarados, and even wall Scizor if it doesn't have Pursuit.

Hopefully this helps a bit. Have fun!

-Jen

I'd keep Shadow Sneak on Galade simply because he needs a Priority move. Why they didn't give him Mach Punch is a mystery to me. Keep Hidden Power Fire on Gengar because it covers Steels. You'll have to be careful of Scizor since he can punch through half of your team with little worries, but your Gliscor does help cover that weakness. Gyarados can set up on Blissey, and if you aren't careful, he'll take out your Gengar and proceed to wipe the rest of your team. I would suggest replacing Blissey with Latias, but your Blissey is a Healer...hmmm...I'll give you the set regardless.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset:
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Trick

Latias makes a fine Gyarados Counter, a great Revenge Killer, a good Wall Tricker, and a good Wall Breaker with this set. It allows her to take out many problems, such as Salamence, Gyarados, and even wall Scizor if it doesn't have Pursuit.

Hopefully this helps a bit. Have fun!

-Jen
Hm. I'll think about that change, but I don't know since Latias might go Uber. I see what you mean about Scizor, thanks for the advice.

Having both Shadow sneak and psycho cut seems rather wasteful to me, and seeing as you have that scizor weakness, I recommend giving Gallade Fire punch over Psycho cut. You already have CC for coverage, and Fire punch gives you better type coverage.

Having both Shadow sneak and psycho cut seems rather wasteful to me, and seeing as you have that scizor weakness, I recommend giving Gallade Fire punch over Psycho cut. You already have CC for coverage, and Fire punch gives you better type coverage.
Great idea. Thanks!

Galade:
Switch FIre punch with Thunder punch.
can it learn thunder punch?
well it should :P thunder and ice have Great coverage!

plus give it an LO instead of Choice band, cause i got swept by a very diverse Gallade with LO/expertbelt. it needs the diversity to sweep :D

Galade:
Switch FIre punch with Thunder punch.
can it learn thunder punch?
well it should :P thunder and ice have Great coverage!

plus give it an LO instead of Choice band, cause i got swept by a very diverse Gallade with LO/expertbelt. it needs the diversity to sweep :D
I think Leaf Blade would be more viable. And hm I'll think about the item change.

Your team has a glaring Gyarados and DDMence weakness considering that they treat Blissey as set-up bait and without Thunder Wave support from anyone on your team your best checks against both Pokemon are outsped and OHKOed by +1 LO Outrage/Waterfall doesn't help a single bit. I would suggest either physically defensive Porygon2 or Vaporeon in place of Blissey because you don't have a phazer on your team that would handle said Pokemon should they set up on Blissey. Porygon2 survives thanks to Trace while Vaporeon survives most Gyarados due to great bulk, Water Absorb and has Wish/Protect for support/healing purposes but won't be readily switching into Mence because +1 LO Outrage OHKOes but you'll probably be fine thanks to all the Stone Edges on your team. Furthermore both Pokemon can OHKO said threats with HPElectric/Tbolt/Ice Beam and can also spread status and in Vaporeon's case pass wishes while P2 can use Thunder Wave to deabilitate fast yet frail threats that would threaten Gengar and would increase Gallade's ability to sweep a team. I really don't know which of the two would suit your playstyle better though so I'm just posting both.

Porygon2@Lefties
Nature: Bold
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP, 216 Def, 40 SpA (SpA EVs allow an OHKO on Gyara after 1 round of LO recoil or 2 turns of sandstorm damage)

-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
-Recover

-or-

Vaporeon@Lefties
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 Spe (I believe this spread allows her to outspeed all variants of Scizor, correct me if I'm wrong though)

-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-HP Electric

I would also suggest running Leaf Blade to nab surprise KOs on Swampert and since you would have a pretty good check to most waters if you run either two of the Pokemon. By the way your EVs on ScarfRachi seem a bit goofy.

Hey nice team, but currently, you have two water weaknesses and no resists.
I advise using Vaporeon over your Blissey, preferably the set provided above.

I see. I'll go with Vapereon, but I'll also test Porygon2 and Latias as well. Thanks guys. Question why do people suggest pory2 instead of Z? And whats wrong with Rachi's EV setup?

Porygon-2 has Trace, which allows it to come in on stuff like Heatran fire blast and still be unharmed. It can also come in on Gyara and Salamence and make them weaker with their own intimidate.

Jirachi needs max speed, 'nuff said. You're running a scarf, and Jirachi is definately more than bulky enough to survive to be your revenge killer.

Looks like a good balance team except one thing; Heracross completely and utterly outclasses Gallade. If you want to keep a revenge killer, simply equip Heracross with a scarf. Megahorn, Close Combat, Stone Edge and Night Slash / Pursuit checks alot of things and is generally unexpected in this metagame. If you want to keep a non choiced sweeper like Gallade, you could use a simple Swords Dance set, which Heracross can preform much better than Gallade thanks to both higher attack and speed.

Hope I helped

I like how Vapereon fits with my team when I used shoddy. I missed aromathreapy though =[, and thanks but I like Gallade because he just fills in what Tyranitar can't do. And the reason I didn't give Gallade SD is because I already have two setup Pokemon. Well Jirachi seems to be doing fine with it's EV setup, and I like that can take a explosion nicely with it's EVs. His main purpose is just to setup or beat the other lead but he makes a great revenge killer with iron head.
EDIT:Technitop?

i suggest that you need a sub baton passer to lessen the burden of T-Tar setting up DD. Vaporeon fills that role perfectly. you should have sub, baton pass, wish, surf/roar/protect on vaporeon to help T-Tar set up DD and even Gliscor set up SD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)