Tapping Unused Potential! Kind Of.

Hi everybody! time for one more doubles RMT! exclusive to te 2014 VGC metagame, we get to see all kinds of unique and innoovative strategies. Just kidding, its all Rotom and Talonflame. Anyway, this team is (un)fortunately Not that different, as it is mostly a fairly Cookie-cutter team, except this one uses an underrated new move this Gen, Rototiller.

Now, for those who don't know how the move works, it basically acts as a free +1 boost to both Attacking stats for all Grass Type pokemon. The problem with this, is that it has to have the Grass pokemon be on the field to work (a real shame, because this move mostly goes to Ground types...) but that is not a problem, thanks to double Battles!

But, you guys don't really care about this intro, nor am I good at doing them, so, onto the team!

THE TEAM:

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Rototiller
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Dugtrio, the joyful little... mole, thing.... I dunno its clearly innuendo. But despite this, it has a cool niche, as the fastest pokemon able to use the move Rototiller. By a fair margin. Thanks to this, it gets to become by far the likeliest to get the move in play at least one time. Earthquake and Sucker Punch are meant to be STAB and for dealing that tiny extra piece of damage that you're pokemon can never seem to get, y'know? When you hit a great move, and it hangs on with the littlest bit left? Anyway, Protect is Protect. and Focus Sash is to likely guarantee that Dugtrio can get at least 1 Rototiller up, which is best for everyone, or me. Mostly me.

Something worth noting, is that everyone seems to assume its going to attack, which is weird, because it doesn't have a fantastic attack stat. As such, it takes a lot of burns, and gets targeted fairly often, even when my opponent should really be targeting someone else. Speaking of which...

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Rock]/Return

The main recipient of Dugtrio's efforts, the mighty Mega Venusaur. With the Mega Evolution and Thick Fat giving it a major increase in bulk, Venusaur is now able to stick around long enough to get a boost or two and clean house. Sludge Bomb is STAB/Fairy Murder, which is kinda important on this team, and Giga Drain is recovery. Hidden Power is to deal with the Dragons everywhere, or the common Rotom-H or Charizard (Y), although since its a pain to actually get, I sometimes use Return as well, because of the physical boosts its getting also makes it not a half bad attack. Protect is Protect. A good thing is that with 1 boost its able to OHKO Rotom-W and Azumarill, which both cause a pretty big issue to my team otherwise.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw
- Draco Meteor

Time for the cookie-cutter! its common because its good, though, and I don't actually know what the standard moveset is, but I think i'm pretty close. Fire Blast deals with Grass/Ice/Steel types, primarily Ferrothorn, because there seems to be a ton of those in VGC for some reason... Rock Slide is to hit both opponents, and for hopeful flinch-hax, and deal with Charizard/Talonflame, who cause huge issues with my Rototilling team. Shadow Claw allows me to have a way of dealing with Ghost/Psychics, primarily Gardevoir, or at least as much as It can. The Draco Meteor kills stuff. The Scarf is so I can outspeed everything and deal with dangerous things that would otherwise kill it. It is fairly expected to be scarfed, but ehh, what can you do.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

With Dugtrio being the original backbone of this team, I needed something to help it try to survive longer. Since it had Sand Veil as an ability, I thought adding Sand to up its evasion was a natural step, to hopefully allow Dugtrio to get off 1 more boost. Anyway, along with slapping T-Tar on, I also added Garchomp, and with a higer average of Physical attackers, I made my Reptar-Godzilla Special instead. Because T-Tar IS SPECIAL! So, yeah, Blizzard, Focus Blast, and Fire Blast, because who cares about Accuracy? Anyway, lots of coverage and Protect, which is protect.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Gentle Nature
- Teeter Dance
- Fake Out
- Leech Seed
- Hydro Pump

The unofficial greatest model to ever be in 3D, and will always have some kind of disco or funk music playing in the background as it battles (thanks, Miror B!) And is also quite possibly one of the most feared things in VGC today, although its never used. Fake Out because I think thats a doubles requirement, and Teeter Dance because a 100% accuracy move that confuses everyone angers people greatly. It also can confuse its ally to, but that's why everyone knows Protect. because its, y'know, protect. Leech Seed for some recovery, and Hydro Pump acts as a way of actually dealing damage, STAB, and stops the need to just use struggle when it gets Taunted. It happens to get targeted first thing by everyone, which I'm not totally sure why, but defeating Ludicolo is often deemed more important that +2 M-Venusaur. It is also capable of getting Rototiller boosts, which is another plus.

Garchomp @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Double Team
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

And with Sand already going, why not go further with it? Although the strategy rarely works properly, the idea is to Evasion up under cover of Brightpowder and active Sand Veil, then use Swords Dance and kick ass. However, with the plethora of Fairies and Dragons in this metagame right now, it can often be KO'd, because of all the hax people seem to complain about, hitting a Garchomp with Sand Veil + Brightpowder + 1 Double Team happens all the time! /rant. Anyway, Rock Slide is double opponent damage, and EQ is STAB, to go along with all the Protects.

Well, thats kinda it, so I don't know what else to put here... please don't judge me for having Double team? It's not illegal in VGC! So... yeah, please tell me what you think.

*Awaits responses eagerly*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)