National Dex Taking to the Skies: A Competitive Birdspam Team Build for M-Pidgeot - NAT DEX OU

Hey everbody! As a longtime fan of Pokémon, I have been trying to create a competitive team that revolves around the use of the Mega Pidgeot. While this majestic bird may not be the most popular or commonly used Pokémon in the competitive scene, I believe that with the right team and strategies, it can become a force to be reckoned with. After many hours of testing and tweaking, I have finally created a team that I am proud of and eager to share with you all. In this post, I will be sharing my team and I hope i can get some useful feedback or any tips you guys might have, Thanks!
additional note: this team was built with the idea of no gen 9 pokemon and only 1 legendary allowed in mind, thank you.

Pidgéoncé (Pidgeot) (F) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Pidgeot is a great choice for a team, with a solid offensive presence and the ability to pivot and support the team with its movepool. With its Mega Evolution, Pidgeot gains a massive boost to its Speed and Special Attack, making it a powerful special sweeper. Hurricane is a great choice for STAB, as it has perfect accuracy from no guard and can easily knock out bulky Grass and Fighting types. Heat Wave is a great option for coverage against Steel types that resist Hurricane. Roost provides much-needed recovery, allowing Pidgeot to switch in and out more frequently, and U-turn is a great pivot move that allows Pidgeot to maintain momentum.

Dojaflame (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Talonflame is an excellent choice for a physical attacker, with access to a priority Brave Bird and the ability to pivot with U-turn. The Choice Band item boosts its already impressive attack power, allowing it to deal massive damage to any unprepared opponent. Flare Blitz is another strong STAB move, but it does come with recoil damage. Steel Wing provides coverage against Fairy types and Ice types, which can be problematic for the rest of the team. Overall, Talonflame serves as a great revenge killer and pivot, allowing the team to maintain offensive momentum.

Arianalucha (Hawlucha) (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Wouldn't be a bridspam without the unburden sweeper and Hawlucha is an excellent choice with access to Swords Dance and Unburden. With Electric Seed, Hawlucha gains a speed boost and can easily set up Substitute, allowing it to avoid status and take minimal damage while boosting its Attack. Close Combat is a powerful STAB move that can deal massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Acrobatics becomes even stronger after Hawlucha consumes its held item, and Substitute helps it avoid any threats that may threaten its setup. Swords Dance is a great option to boost Hawlucha's already impressive attack power even further, and it can easily sweep through teams that aren't prepared for it or have fainted walls.

Lady Koko (Tapu Koko) @ Power Herb
Ability: Electric Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Tapu Koko is a fantastic choice for a team, with great offensive presence and the ability to support the team with its Electric Surge ability. With its high Speed and Attack, Tapu Koko can easily sweep through teams that aren't prepared for it. Sky Attack is a great option for STAB, dealing massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Brave Bird is a great option for coverage against Grass and Fighting types, and Wild Charge is a great option for coverage against Water types. U-turn allows Tapu Koko to pivot out and maintain momentum. The Power Herb item is a great choice, as it allows Tapu Koko to use Sky Attack without having to waste a turn charging.

Nicki Swampey (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Swampert is a great choice for a bulky pivot, with access to Stealth Rock and the ability to pivot with Flip Turn. With its high HP and Special Defense, Swampert can easily switch into special attacks and take minimal damage. Stealth Rock is a great option for hazards, wearing down the opposing team and making it easier for the rest of the team to pick up KOs. Flip Turn is a great pivot move, allowing Swampert to switch out and maintain momentum. Earthquake is a powerful STAB move that can deal massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and Toxic can help wear down opposing walls that Swampert can't break through.

SZAbuzz (Mandibuzz) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 152 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

mandibuzz is an excellent fit for this team, as it is able to provide much-needed Defog support, allowing the team to deal with entry hazards and prevent the opponent from gaining a significant advantage. Its access to Roost also allows it to heal itself, which makes it an even more effective pivot and allows it to stay in the game for longer.

Foul Play is Mandibuzz's primary STAB move, dealing damage based on the target's attack stat rather than its own, allowing it to hit hard against physical attackers. Additionally, Mandibuzz's ability, Overcoat, prevents it from being affected by moves such as Spore and Powder moves, which makes it an excellent answer to certain threatening Pokemon such as Amoonguss.

Mandibuzz's EV spread is designed to maximize its bulk while still allowing it to outspeed certain threats. With 248 HP and 152 SpD EVs, Mandibuzz is able to take on special attackers, such as Tapu Koko and Alakazam, with ease. The 92 Defense EVs provide extra physical bulk, which is further boosted by the Impish nature. The 16 Speed EVs allow Mandibuzz to outspeed certain slower walls and support Pokemon, such as Ferrothorn and Hippowdon, allowing it to get off a crucial Defog or U-turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)