Switch, Smash, then Laugh

So I posted a similar team to this one a few months back. The team has gone through a lot of changes, for the better. I am looking for some feedback to make it rock even harder!

As you can see, every Pokemon on my team has an immunity to some type or the other. This makes it every effective for switching Pokemon back and forth at will. Also Many of these Pokes are not effected or effected very little by entry hazards. Usually I will switch in to an attack that my Pokemon is immune to, and set up as my opponent switches out.

For the curious, most of my Pokemon are named after demons in Christianity.

Raijin (Jolteon) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

I often use Jolteon to paralyze the opponent then switch out, or sometimes I just keep attacking. It depends on the situation, but I often like to use him to paralyze as many Pokemon as he can so my other teammates have a speed advantage. Also, the occasional free move allows for some set up. The Focus Sash often allows me to take out major threats and reduces the threat of surprise Earthquakes.

Eurynome (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

Gengar is a must for a team based off of type immunity. He is immune to to 4 different types and is quick enough to get out a Substitute if I am worried my prediction is wrong. I used to run a Sub/Disable set on Gengar, but I decided Will-O-Wisp was more effective. Reducing the opponents attack is nice when using a glass cannon such as Gengar. I can often keep using Substitute while the burn is slowly taking down the opponent, then switch out for the final smash. Destiny Bond is a lovely little surprise. Occasionally I come across a Pokemon I do not have a good strategy for. That is when I will use Destiny Bond to eliminate the threat. Sometimes I consider switching Destiny Bond for Disable for the increased annoyance and a possible switch out. I have not really tested the theory yet.

Thamuz (Metagross) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Metagross has very few weaknesses and is immune to poison, which is a plus against Toxic Spikes and his typing makes Spikes and Stealth Rock useless. I used to use Hone Claw in aiding with the low accuracy of Meteor Mash and the occasional miss with Zen Headbutt, but I decided to run Bullet Punch instead of Meteor Mash. I was in desperate need of a Pokemon with a priority move. Many people would chose to use an Agility set instead of Hone Claws, but I find Hone Claws to be incredibly useful. It eliminates the issue of occasionally missing with Zen Headbutt and boosts the effectiveness of my Bullet Punch. Right now I am running with a Shell Bell due to my Vaporeon already using Leftovers. The increased attack and the recovery from Shell Bell is really nice. Especially since I tend to lose a lot of health setting up.

Abaddon (Hydreigon) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is here for his immunity to Ground and Psychic types and his power and bulk. I used to run a White Herb to make up for the stat decrease from Draco Meteor and Superpower, but honestly, Life Orb seems to make up for that issue. I am often switching out Hydreigon anyway since so many people run Ice Beam.

Ornias (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Gliscor is one of my favorite Pokemon and with his Poison Heal ability he has an immunity to 3 types. Also, while Gliscor is poisoned, he cannot be effected by any other status problem. I used to run Substitute over Protect but I found too many Pokemon still out sped Gliscor and this would often lead to a quick loss. Ice Fang is there for Landorus and other Gliscor. It also helps my team with Dragons. In the passed, I would use Swords Dance, but I find Toxic to be more useful. Especially if I am often switching out and would lose that stat increase anyway.

Focalor (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald
- Roar

I used to run the classic Toxic/Protect technique, but I found that method to be often useless since it was so predictable. Hidden Power Fire is great for the common grass switch ins and often helps with steel Pokemon. Scizor and Ferrothorn are much less of a threat. I never expected Roar to be so freakin' useful. It is nice against Dragons that try and increase their stats such as Dragonite, or Pokemon that I just really don't want to deal with at that moment. It is also a plus against annoying Baton Pass teams that I sometimes come across. Using Protect then an attack often helps increase my life span and makes me less worried about no longer running Wish.

Just pointing it out, immunities are not quite so strong teams in OU, due to the massive forces that take apart even resisting types like salamence and Scizor. Salamence with dragon claw and EQ would rip through your team save Metagross, which it carries EQ for. I recommend making a UU or RU team with this, but regardless I like your idea :D (Despite previous comments).
With that in mind, I think that for an immunities team you need to have only one immunity to each type, so as to make room for more immunities. For example, Houndoom with flash fire could do the job of houndoom, with an added immunity to fire, as you already have gengar. If you gave it a set like this, it could do a similar job, too:

Houndoom (M) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid / Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sludge Bomb / Hyper Voice

Similar move types, with an added immunity and adds to your team a revenge killer who can come in and sweep several mons (Especially on a flash fire boost). You may also want to run a mixed LO set with FB, Dark Pulse, Sucker punch and HP Ice/Fighting.

If you MSGed me I could give you some more suggestions, and Thx for reading :D

Just pointing it out, immunities are not quite so strong teams in OU, due to the massive forces that take apart even resisting types like salamence and Scizor. Salamence with dragon claw and EQ would rip through your team save Metagross, which it carries EQ for. I recommend making a UU or RU team with this, but regardless I like your idea :D (Despite previous comments).
With that in mind, I think that for an immunities team you need to have only one immunity to each type, so as to make room for more immunities. For example, Houndoom with flash fire could do the job of houndoom, with an added immunity to fire, as you already have gengar. If you gave it a set like this, it could do a similar job, too:

Houndoom (M) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid / Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sludge Bomb / Hyper Voice

Similar move types, with an added immunity and adds to your team a revenge killer who can come in and sweep several mons (Especially on a flash fire boost). You may also want to run a mixed LO set with FB, Dark Pulse, Sucker punch and HP Ice/Fighting.

If you MSGed me I could give you some more suggestions, and Thx for reading :D
Hey thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely keep them in mind. I have come across many Salamence in the past and have never really had a problem. My Jolteon seems to take care of them pretty fast. Did you mean switch out Hydreigon for Houndoom? I really do want to try and incorporate a fire type into my team but it's hard when so many people are running Stealth Rock and Earthquake. But I do have issues with Venasaur and Ferrothorn. I suppose Houndoom would be a good option since many people will be trying to Fire Blast my Metagross. Thanks!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Smogon doesn't use Item Clause; feel free to run Leftovers on Metagross and Vaporeon.

Also, you are in desperate need of Stealth Rock - Volcarona runs straight through this team, Salamence can plow through this team (Sash Jolteon won't save you if the Sash is broken from hazards), Dragonite runs straight through this team, Gyarados can run right through this team (although Jolteon should outspeed Adamant Gyarados and Dragonite after Dragon Dance - don't quote me on this), and there's just so much you lose out on without Stealth Rock. If you want to actually be able to combat boosting sweepers, I suggest you drop Hone Claws on Metagross for Stealth Rock. You may also want to switch Jolteon to a Choice Scarf Thundurus-T. Jolteon is a poor choice of a paralysis supporter due to its frailty anyway. Thundurus-T will add some much-needed Speed to this team, letting you revenge kill Dragonite, Gyarados, and Salamence far more easily. You can't really revenge kill Volcarona, but none of the Pokémon on your team give it much of a setup opportunity if it switches in on Stealth Rock, so you should be okay.

Also, Gengar has three immunities and Gliscor has two - while they are immune to Poison status (thanks to Poison Heal on the latter) they will still take damage from Sludge Bomb and friends.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid / Naive Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch / U-turn

First problem: You have nothing to get rocks/hazards up

Your Metagross, should also have shell bell removed. It will consistently get more health even when not attacking with leftovers.

Jolteon should have Choice Specs, paired with its immaculate speed to wreck anything it hits. Nothing is touching it because it either 1 hit it, or it switched out. So theres no need for a sash.

I suggest gengar carry have destiny bond and will-o-wisp removed. It seems like a useless support combo that other ghosts far outclass it in. Rather, it should be a revenge killer with a scarf, 3 attacks and trick. Or the classic Substitute, Disable, and 2 attacks.

Your hydreigon is fine, but if I were you I would run Focus Blast over Superpower. However, superpower will work fine, especially since attack drops dont harm you too much.

Your Gliscor should run Roost over toxic, as it allows you to Roost+Protect, and over those two turns earn back 74% of your health.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)