EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Tera Type: Fire / Poison / Steel
Relaxed / Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Yawn / Roar
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Roar

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its bulk and unique dual typing, Swampert is a good Stealth Rock lead that matches up well against most Archaludon sets.

* **Flip Turn**: Unlike Ting-Lu and Hippowdon, Swampert can use Flip Turn to safely bring in its teammates.

* **Yawn versus Roar**: Yawn synergizes best with Stealth Rock, forcing switches that gradually rack up hazard damage. On the other hand, Roar lets you phaze out troublesome setup users and isn't blocked by Substitute.

* **Earthquake**: Earthquake is the preferred attacking move for pressuring Archaludon and Gholdengo.

* **Knock Off**: Knock Off is a great support option that can remove items from the likes of Porygon2, even if the lack of power makes Swampert even more passive.

* **Avalanche**: Avalanche can be used over Earthquake to surprise Dragonite and Landorus-T.

Other Options
========
* **Mirror Coat**: Mirror Coat can OHKO Ursaluna-B, provided you have invested in enough Special Defense.

* **Protect and Leftovers**: This combination can give Swampert more longevity, and Protect also helps Swampert scout for Trick and surprise Grass-type coverage.

* **Focus Sash**: Focus Sash doesn't always make sense with Swampert's bulk, but it is the best insurance against Grass-type moves. It also has good synergy with Mirror Coat and the less common Counter.

Tera Types
========
* **Tera Dependency - Medium**: Swampert has excellent bulk and only a single weakness, but opponents will often try to exploit that weakness, often making Terastallization necessary.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants a superb defensive typing. Not only does it flip the script on powerful Grass-types like Ogerpon-H and Rillaboom, but its Fairy resistance makes dealing with Flutter Mane much easier.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison covers up Swampert's massive Grass weakness while allowing it to neutralize Toxic and Toxic Spikes throughout the match.

* **Steel**: Tera Steel's Dragon resistance can be pivotal for standing in the way of sweepers like Scale Shot Dragonite, giving Swampert an opening to use Yawn or Roar against them.

* **Water**: Tera Water makes it so that not even Tera Water Choice Band Urshifu-R can 2HKO Sitrus Berry Swampert. It also gives Flip Turn some extra damage potential.

EV Spreads
========
* **0 Speed IV with Relaxed or Sassy**: Having the slowest Flip Turn possible is great for pivoting, but it does make Swampert more vulnerable to bulky attackers like Ursaluna-B.

* **252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD with Relaxed or Impish**: This EV spread prioritizes physical bulk, but enough Special Defense EVs are allocated to avoid a 2HKO from Timid Flutter Mane's Moonblast.

* **252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD with Relaxed or Impish**: Some physical bulk is cut for special bulk, but now Swampert can survive a Draco Meteor from Modest Choice Specs Archaludon.

* **252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD with Sassy or Careful**: The focus on Special Defense investment with Sitrus Berry makes it so Timid Choice Specs Latios will fail to 2HKO Swampert with consecutive Draco Meteors, as well as making it so maximum Special Attack Modest Choice Specs Flutter Mane will fail to 2HKO with Moonblast 95% of the time. Ursaluna-B's Tera Normal Blood Moon into Earth Power will also fail to 2HKO with Sitrus Berry factored in. The Defense investment gives just enough physical bulk to always avoid the 2HKO from Jolly Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes after Sitrus Berry recovery.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/photon.516307/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/theorymon.29010/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/tbolt.555379/

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally got time to give this a check, sorry that took over a week!

Main Set Comments

- I'd actually consider making the nature slash in Relaxed / Sassy with a Speed IV of 0, mainly because Sassy helps a LOT against Archaludon (and they are super close in usage, though Adamant has the most usage... I'll address that at the end lol)

- I'd change the wording to "most Archaludon sets", because the given EV spread does actually have a shot of getting OHKOed by Modest Choice Specs Archaludon! Now granted if you want, we CAN adjust the EV spread to prevent that (granted the Swampert teams I saw didn't really go this far): 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD Relaxed will dodge a OHKO from Specs Archaludon!

- The biggest change: I'd slash in Protect in the last slot alongside Leftovers. While not as high usage as other things, it is a well known Swampert set (also the on the only high ranking Swampert team we know of from last season I think LOL). Basically, it plays mostly the same as the usual set, except it uses Protect to both scout Tricks from stuff like say Latios or Gholdengo (better have a decent NP Gholdengo check though lol), and it pairs really nicely with Yawn and Leftovers.

Other Options

- I'd bring up Focus Sash, as absurd as that sounds, it means you won't be totally screwed if you get hit by a Grass-type attack or something crazy powerful like Specs Tera Stellar Archaludon! Of course the thing is, Swampert is sorta bulky to be using Focus Sash with, though you can make it more worth it by running an offensive spread (note I don't think this is the reason Adamant is the top nature atm lol)

- I'd also bring up Avalanche for doing nice damage against Dragonite and other dragons.

Tera Types

-I'd say Terastallization is often necessary rather than it point blank being needed.

EV Spreads
==========

- I notice in the first bullet you have Flip Turn mislabeled as Quick Turn.

- I'd include that "survive Specs Arch" spread I mention, even if I will admit IDK if anyone but me really used that on the high ladder, just because I do think leading OK against Archaludon is a big enough deal to at least include that spread, even if it ends up not being the main one!

About Adamant...

So I THINK this is because a lot of Swampert started to run Assault Vest?! Honestly I didn't see Swampert enough to even figure out what is going on there, so I don't think we need to cover Adamant Swampert yet!

Let me know when you implement this stuff and I'll give you the stamp!

Finally got time to give this a check, sorry that took over a week!

Main Set Comments

- I'd actually consider making the nature slash in Relaxed / Sassy with a Speed IV of 0, mainly because Sassy helps a LOT against Archaludon (and they are super close in usage, though Adamant has the most usage... I'll address that at the end lol)

- I'd change the wording to "most Archaludon sets", because the given EV spread does actually have a shot of getting OHKOed by Modest Choice Specs Archaludon! Now granted if you want, we CAN adjust the EV spread to prevent that (granted the Swampert teams I saw didn't really go this far): 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD Relaxed will dodge a OHKO from Specs Archaludon!

- The biggest change: I'd slash in Protect in the last slot alongside Leftovers. While not as high usage as other things, it is a well known Swampert set (also the on the only high ranking Swampert team we know of from last season I think LOL). Basically, it plays mostly the same as the usual set, except it uses Protect to both scout Tricks from stuff like say Latios or Gholdengo (better have a decent NP Gholdengo check though lol), and it pairs really nicely with Yawn and Leftovers.

Other Options

- I'd bring up Focus Sash, as absurd as that sounds, it means you won't be totally screwed if you get hit by a Grass-type attack or something crazy powerful like Specs Tera Stellar Archaludon! Of course the thing is, Swampert is sorta bulky to be using Focus Sash with, though you can make it more worth it by running an offensive spread (note I don't think this is the reason Adamant is the top nature atm lol)

- I'd also bring up Avalanche for doing nice damage against Dragonite and other dragons.

Tera Types

-I'd say Terastallization is often necessary rather than it point blank being needed.

EV Spreads
==========

- I notice in the first bullet you have Flip Turn mislabeled as Quick Turn.

- I'd include that "survive Specs Arch" spread I mention, even if I will admit IDK if anyone but me really used that on the high ladder, just because I do think leading OK against Archaludon is a big enough deal to at least include that spread, even if it ends up not being the main one!

About Adamant...

So I THINK this is because a lot of Swampert started to run Assault Vest?! Honestly I didn't see Swampert enough to even figure out what is going on there, so I don't think we need to cover Adamant Swampert yet!

Let me know when you implement this stuff and I'll give you the stamp!
I made Relaxed the preferred nature but left Impish there. It probably only makes sense to use Sassy with the SpD spread, so the natures in the summary should match the main spread I think.

Other than that, I added those "Other Options" and reworded some stuff. Let me know if it looks good.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Besides the tiny nitpick of changing Archaludon to "most Archaludon" (blame Specs lol), this looks good to me, QC Approved 1/1!

Feel free to highlight GP when you're ready!

add remove comment

[SET]
Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
name: Support Pivot
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed / Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Yawn / Roar
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Roar / Avalanche (We only keep 3 slashed options max in the set; you can still include Avalanche in the analysis itself.)

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its bulk and unique dual typing, Swampert is a good Stealth Rock lead that matches up well with against most Archaludon.

* **Flip Turn**: Unlike Ting-Lu and Hippowdon, Flip Turn lets Swampert can use Flip Turn to safely bring in its teammates (This made it sound like you were comparing Flip Turn to Ting-Lu and Hippowdon, instead of Swampert.).

* **Yawn versus Roar**: Yawn has the most synergy with Stealth Rocks Rock, allowing Swampert to start devastating Yawn chains (Could you please clarify what a "Yawn chain" is?). On the other hand, Roar lets you phaze out troublesome set up setup users and isn't blocked by Substitute.

* **Earthquake**: Earthquake is the preferred offensive option attacking move for pressuring Archaludon and Gholdengo.

* **Knock Off**: Knock Off makes Swampert very passive (why?), but being to able to remove items from the likes of Porygon2 can be a huge boon for its team.

* **Avalanche**: Avalanche can be used over Earthquake to surprise Dragonite and Landorus-T.

Other Options
========
* **Mirror Coat**: Mirror Coat is a great way to can OHKO Ursaluna-B, provided you have invested in enough Special Defense.

* **Protect and Leftovers**: This combination can give Swampert more longevity, and Protect also helps Swampert scout for Tricks and surprise Grass-type coverage.

* **Focus Sash**: Focus Sash doesn't always make sense with Swampert's bulk, but it is the best insurance against Grass-type moves. It also has good synergy with Mirror Coat and the less common Counter.

Tera Types
========
* **Tera Dependency - Medium**: Swampert has excellent bulk and only a single weakness, but opponents will often try to exploit that weakness, often making Terastallization necessary.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants a superb defensive typing. Not only does it flip the script on powerful Grass-types like Ogerpon-H and Rillaboom, but its Fairy-type resistance make makes dealing with Flutter Mane much easier.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison covers up Swampert's massive Grass weakness while allowing it to counter neutralize (It doesn't make sense to say that you "counter" a move.) Toxic and Toxic Spikes throughout the match.

* **Steel**: Tera Steel's Dragon resistance can be pivotal for cushioning standing in the way of ("Cushioning" is not a verb you can use on its own here.) sweepers like Scale Shot Dragonite, giving Swampert an opening to use Yawn or Roar against them.

* **Water**: Tera Water makes it so that not even Tera Water Choice Band Urshifu-R can 2HKO Sitrus Berry Swampert!. (AP, RE) It also gives Flip Turn some surprising surprise damage potential.

EV Spreads
========
* **0 Speed IV and Speed negative nature Speed-reducing Nature**: Having the slowest Flip Turn possible is great for pivoting, but it does make Swampert more vulnerable to bulky attackers like Ursaluna-B.

* **252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD with Relaxed or Impish**: This EV spread prioritizes physical bulk, but enough Special Defense EVs are allocated to avoid a 2HKO from Timid Flutter Mane's Moonblast.

* **252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD with Relaxed or Impish**: Some physical bulk is cut for special bulk, but now Swampert can survive up to a Draco Meteor from Modest Choice Specs Archaludon.

* **252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD with Sassy or Careful**: The focus on Special Defense investment with Sitrus Berry makes it so Timid Choice Specs Latios will fail to 2HKO Swampert with consecutive Draco Meteors, as well as making it so maximum Special Attack, (RC) Modest Choice Specs Flutter Mane will fail to 2HKO with Moonblast 95% of the time. Ursaluna-B's Tera Normal Blood Moon into Earth Power will also fail to 2HKO with Sitrus Berry factored in. The Defense investment gives just enough physical bulk to always avoid the 2HKO from Jolly Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes after Sitrus Berry recovery.

Make sure that you credit everyone!

GP Team done

add remove comment

[SET]
Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed / Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Yawn / Roar
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Roar / Avalanche (We only keep 3 slashed options max in the set; you can still include Avalanche in the analysis itself.)

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its bulk and unique dual typing, Swampert is a good Stealth Rock lead that matches up well with against most Archaludon.

* **Flip Turn**: Unlike Ting-Lu and Hippowdon, Flip Turn lets Swampert can use Flip Turn to safely bring in its teammates (This made it sound like you were comparing Flip Turn to Ting-Lu and Hippowdon, instead of Swampert.).

* **Yawn versus Roar**: Yawn has the most synergy with Stealth Rocks Rock, allowing Swampert to start devastating Yawn chains (Could you please clarify what a "Yawn chain" is?). On the other hand, Roar lets you phaze out troublesome set up setup users and isn't blocked by Substitute.

* **Earthquake**: Earthquake is the preferred offensive option attacking move for pressuring Archaludon and Gholdengo.

* **Knock Off**: Knock Off makes Swampert very passive (why?), but being to able to remove items from the likes of Porygon2 can be a huge boon for its team.

Other Options
========
* **Mirror Coat**: Mirror Coat is a great way to can OHKO Ursaluna-B, provided you have invested in enough Special Defense.

* **Protect and Leftovers**: This combination can give Swampert more longevity, and Protect also helps Swampert scout for Tricks and surprise Grass-type coverage.

Tera Types
========

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants a superb defensive typing. Not only does it flip the script on powerful Grass-types like Ogerpon-H and Rillaboom, but its Fairy-type resistance make makes dealing with Flutter Mane much easier.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison covers up Swampert's massive Grass weakness while allowing it to counter neutralize (It doesn't make sense to say that you "counter" a move.) Toxic and Toxic Spikes throughout the match.

* **Steel**: Tera Steel's Dragon resistance can be pivotal for cushioning standing in the way of ("Cushioning" is not a verb you can use on its own here.) sweepers like Scale Shot Dragonite, giving Swampert an opening to use Yawn or Roar against them.

* **Water**: Tera Water makes it so that not even Tera Water Choice Band Urshifu-R can 2HKO Sitrus Berry Swampert!. (AP, RE) It also gives Flip Turn some surprising surprise damage potential.

EV Spreads
========
* **0 Speed IV and Speed negative nature Speed-reducing Nature**: Having the slowest Flip Turn possible is great for pivoting, but it does make Swampert more vulnerable to bulky attackers like Ursaluna-B.

* **252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD with Relaxed or Impish**: Some physical bulk is cut for special bulk, but now Swampert can survive up to a Draco Meteor from Modest Choice Specs Archaludon.

* **252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD with Sassy or Careful**: The focus on Special Defense investment with Sitrus Berry makes it so Timid Choice Specs Latios will fail to 2HKO Swampert with consecutive Draco Meteors, as well as making it so maximum Special Attack, (RC) Modest Choice Specs Flutter Mane will fail to 2HKO with Moonblast 95% of the time. Ursaluna-B's Tera Normal Blood Moon into Earth Power will also fail to 2HKO with Sitrus Berry factored in. The Defense investment gives just enough physical bulk to always avoid the 2HKO from Jolly Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes after Sitrus Berry recovery.

Make sure that you credit everyone!

GP Team done
Implemented, thank you.

Made a couple tweaks based on feedback:
  • Reworded Yawn bullet slightly.
  • Used different wording on Tera Water in reference to Flip Turn to better fit the intent I was going for.
  • Referenced natures specifically for the "0 Speed IV" bullet. This was to try and be more consistent with what other analyses use, as I don't think "Speed-reducing" is commonly used.
If those changes are good, this is ready for Dex!

add remove comment

[SET]
Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed / Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Yawn / Roar

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its bulk and unique dual typing, Swampert is a good Stealth Rock lead that matches up well against most Archaludon sets.

* **Flip Turn**: Unlike Ting-Lu and Hippowdon, Swampert can use Flip Turn to safely bring in its teammates.

* **Yawn versus Roar**: Yawn has the most synergy synergizes best with Stealth Rock, causing forcing switches that gradually rack up hazard damage. On the other hand, Roar lets you phaze out troublesome set up setup users and isn't blocked by Substitute.

* **Earthquake**: Earthquake is the preferred attacking move for pressuring Archaludon and Gholdengo.

* **Knock Off**: Knock Off is a great support option that can remove items from the likes of Porygon2, even if the lack of power makes Swampert even more passive.

Other Options
========
* **Mirror Coat**: Mirror Coat can OHKO Ursaluna-B, provided you have invested in enough Special Defense.

* **Protect and Leftovers**: This combination can give Swampert more longevity, and Protect also helps Swampert scout for Trick and surprise Grass-type coverage.

Tera Types
========

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants a superb defensive typing. Not only does it flip the script on powerful Grass-types like Ogerpon-H and Rillaboom, but its Fairy resistance makes dealing with Flutter Mane much easier.

* **Poison**: Tera Poison covers up Swampert's massive Grass weakness while allowing it to neutralize Toxic and Toxic Spikes throughout the match.

* **Steel**: Tera Steel's Dragon resistance can be pivotal for standing in the way of sweepers like Scale Shot Dragonite, giving Swampert an opening to use Yawn or Roar against them.

* **Water**: Tera Water makes it so that not even Tera Water Choice Band Urshifu-R can 2HKO Sitrus Berry Swampert. It also gives Flip Turn some extra damage potential.

EV Spreads
========
* **0 Speed IV with a Relaxed or Sassy nature Nature**: Having the slowest Flip Turn possible is great for pivoting, but it does make Swampert more vulnerable to bulky attackers like Ursaluna-B.

* **252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD with a Relaxed or Impish Nature**: This EV spread prioritizes physical bulk, but enough Special Defense EVs are allocated to avoid a 2HKO from Timid Flutter Mane's Moonblast.

* **252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD with a Relaxed or Impish Nature**: Some physical bulk is cut for special bulk, but now Swampert can survive a Draco Meteor from Modest Choice Specs Archaludon.

* **252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD with a Sassy or Careful Nature**: The focus on Special Defense investment with Sitrus Berry makes it so Timid Choice Specs Latios will fail to 2HKO Swampert with consecutive Draco Meteors, as well as making it so maximum Special Attack Modest Choice Specs Flutter Mane will fail to 2HKO with Moonblast 95% of the time. Ursaluna-B's Tera Normal Blood Moon into Earth Power will also fail to 2HKO with Sitrus Berry factored in. The Defense investment gives just enough physical bulk to always avoid the 2HKO from Jolly Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes after Sitrus Berry recovery.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

GP Team done (again)

add remove comment

[SET]
Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed / Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flip Turn
- Yawn / Roar

[SET COMMENTS]

* **Yawn versus Roar**: Yawn has the most synergy synergizes best with Stealth Rock, causing forcing switches that gradually rack up hazard damage. On the other hand, Roar lets you phaze out troublesome set up setup users and isn't blocked by Substitute.

Other Options
========

Tera Types
========

EV Spreads
========
* **0 Speed IV with a Relaxed or Sassy nature Nature**: Having the slowest Flip Turn possible is great for pivoting, but it does make Swampert more vulnerable to bulky attackers like Ursaluna-B.

* **252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD with a Relaxed or Impish Nature**: This EV spread prioritizes physical bulk, but enough Special Defense EVs are allocated to avoid a 2HKO from Timid Flutter Mane's Moonblast.

* **252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD with a Relaxed or Impish Nature**: Some physical bulk is cut for special bulk, but now Swampert can survive a Draco Meteor from Modest Choice Specs Archaludon.

* **252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD with a Sassy or Careful Nature**: The focus on Special Defense investment with Sitrus Berry makes it so Timid Choice Specs Latios will fail to 2HKO Swampert with consecutive Draco Meteors, as well as making it so maximum Special Attack Modest Choice Specs Flutter Mane will fail to 2HKO with Moonblast 95% of the time. Ursaluna-B's Tera Normal Blood Moon into Earth Power will also fail to 2HKO with Sitrus Berry factored in. The Defense investment gives just enough physical bulk to always avoid the 2HKO from Jolly Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes after Sitrus Berry recovery.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

GP Team done (again)
OK, probably should've just removed the word nature altogether. We (BSS) normally just list the nature name without the word "nature" in the EV spread section, so if its a consistency thing I'll remove it. Does that work?

Other than that, changes have been implemented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)