SV UU SV UU with scarf gard + Okidogi (thx apple for showing me how good it is) (Peak is top 15 / 1674)

Click on the pokemon below for the link to the pokepaste
1699202226615.png 1699143973778.png 1699144293292.png 1699145806944.png 1699146768630.png 1699151253727.png

Let's introduce the team to the audience:
1699202226615.png

Gardevoir is the star of the show! With Scarf it can steal swift swim from rain, it can copy regen to allow it to stay healthy throughout a game, or it can copy adaptability from bascu-F which makes it an amazing pokemon to take advantage of such teams. With tera fairy you can clean late game esp since most iron treads do not have the bulk to take repeated moonblast esp with their item being knocked off or taking previous chip. Focus Blast helps against iron treads with a bold prediction can allow you to take it out of the game right away or do crazy damage against h-arc, empoleon, goodra-h, ad more!

Gardevoir last slot is healing wish. Okidogi is the best recipient for it as you can be more aggro early game trying to spread toxic and then healing wish late game when everything is worn down.

(future me edit: Trick is a great last option if you feel that clicking healing wish isnt smth that happens often, this can help in last mon situations, help against the dreadful cress MU i missed, and give a fighting chance against Crit me not sweepers like cress, slowbro-g, and makes more pokemon setup fother)

1699143973778.png

Torn-t is the next member of the team, and it does standard torn-t things after all this time. With AV it is able to be a great check and scout for many things special pokemon want to do against us. Smth like hydreigon, salamence, scarf gengar, scarf bascu-F, and more! We take their hits and retaliate with knock off or u-turn to bring in the other members of the team. This is the main pivot of the team and is the one who usually wears things down by the end of the game. Tera dragon gives me 3 things 1) An emergency water resist 2) A resist to volcanion's stabs since the team is very weak against it otherwise and 3) A way to deal with thundy-t and sandy shocks without getting deleted by other pokemon like iron treads.​

1699144293292.png

Iron treads is the lando-t of UU... does a lot of things and you want it on your team. With iron treads you have rocks, spin, and a great steel type. Offensive treads applies a lot of pressure and can keep rocks up for the team thanks to ice spinner threatening things like hydreigon, torn-t, thundy-t, mandi, etc. Tera ground allows it to pressure the pokemon like amoonguss, slowking, quaq, sylveon, gastrodon, etc and to remove its weakness from opposing treads allowing it to riskless try to win the 50/50. It does treads things so nothing much to say

1699145806944.png
Mandibuzz is the 4th mon on the team. Mandibuzz provides a lot by being a great phys def stop to many like scizor, meowscarada, scarf hydreigon, bascu-f, and can lure in pokemon like rotom-w, slowking, torn-t, and more with toxic to help cripple them for late game... or u-turn on them into a teammate like torn-t or okidogi to pressure them with knock off + poisons and it doesnt care that much about scald or WoW because i can healing wish okidogi late game. Mandibuzz also helps check HO with its phys bulk and foul play. Tera steel is to be able ot be immune to poisons while also taking less damage from hurricane from torn-t esp in rain.

1699146768630.png

Rotom-wash is a great pivot into torn-t and can check it pretty well and it is a good rain answer in annoying the crap out of pelipper + barra squads. Rotom-w is also able to wear down things with WoW such as pressuring amoonguss more, okidogi, and pokemon like meow who may try to be balsy and switch in. Protect instead of thunder wave (my default option is double status) is because this allows me to scout CB meow better and get extra recovery vs smth like NP torn-t, allow myself to see what my opponents wants to do, and to get extra chip damage from burn and toxic

Tera steel makes it the perfect answer to smth like ursaluna, ogerpon, DD mence, amoonguss, etc. You have to like how tera steel makes you completely wall smth like BU ursaluna, DD mence, and allows you to stay in on amoonguss and keep up the pressure.

1699151253727.png

Okidogi is the 5th member of the team and is a great stallbreaker and counter to meow which this team likes. Okidogi has 2 diff playstyles on thi steam. The first one is to mash to get poisons like ur life depends on it and knock off items to be able to get a healing wish late game and clean up or to stay healthy throughout the game to make sure u can come in after everything has been worn down and go for the sweep

Why tera dragon? Why not smth else? Well tera dragon helps against meowscarda flower trick as it is one of the things that is annoying asf, being a great water resist as well esp since you can just pop it take a water move and retaliate back esp if you had a +1 boost. Tera electric made it weak to iron treads so i didnt like it and it just made it feel inconsistent. Tera fairy makes it super weak to scizor and amoonguss becomes a pain esp if you didnt wear it down fast enough and they get a sludge bomb poison It supports the team by taking advantage of pokemon like amoonguss after a spore, slowking whenever it tries to recover or you pivot it in for ex. torn-t vs breloom and slowking decides to switch in so you u-turn.

How this team plays:

This team plays by having torn-t and okidogi using knock off throughout the game to wear down the checks and counters to prepare for late game. By mid game you usually have rocks up and are trying to open them up whlie they are trying to put a hole into your team to make sure their win con can win. You can usually stop this because torn-t, mandibuzz, and okidogi cover everything by this point so you shouldn't ever insta lose to smth. Another thing by this point is you should try to status or weaken several things to make sure your win con late game can go ham.

By late game your win con is usually either tera fairy scarf gard or BU tera dragon okidogi. This is because usually a fairy resist is smth like iron treads which doesnt like moonblast or god forbid u just nail it with a Focus blast and you can go ham. If its smth bulkier like AV treads of lefties then you usually want to either lure it in with knock off or hit it hard with smth like okidogi drain punch or torn-t heat wave. Okidogi as a late game win con happens if they have a bulkier structure or they have pokemon like amoonguss + iron treads + AV torn-t which make gardevoir not like this situation, with tera dragon you can setup on smth like amoonguss and make sure you dont die to iron treads or flower trick meow and gives you outs vs torn-t to. Okidogi against bulkier teams is amazing and esp if you give it a healing wish it can really be a miracle maker

The audience needs to know the threats vs this team, lets show them what pokemon I found difficult while testing:

:arcanine-hisui: A good h-arc can really put in numbers against this team... but you can play around it by making sure you can never really give it free turns... the only thing that is free for it on this team is if its willing to eat a knock off from torn-t, or eating a toxic / foul play from mandibuzz and even then it has to 50/50 flare blitz / head smash

NP :tornadus-therian: This is a big threat but its usually managable esp if you get an early toxic off or a great knock off and you pressure it out with ur own AV torn-t or force it out with rotom-w and try to keep it low throughout the game. This is generally very achievable and is a more playable MU. But this is something you have to plan around to not be owned

tera :sinistcha: Are very dangerous pokemon that can come in late game and go ham esp if your iron treads is weakened or is eating sap and not doing much. You can play around it by making it eat a toxic early, or by trying to be in a situation where this isnt the matter. But yes sinistcha is prob the worst MU for such a team late game.

Tera :cresselia: Is very very very dangerous and I mean very if you are running HW over trick. This is smth I didnt catch on until super super late but pressuring it with the HW team is a pain and while its an uncommon pokemon its a mon that can 6-0 under proper circumstances. With trick this is pretty easy and it doesnt do much and it has to bait it out. Another way you can play is by using okidogi to poison it or mandibuzz

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1983557203-k5b6up78ts0d73a56ixvr3v0hk3lmhrpw (playing around double dark types and how good prediction with gardevoir against iron treads leads to victory late game)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1983545461-9kf5b6j2m5fv3bl9x444c9l89xo3pqzpw (i won this due to good play using the iron treads and making it so hazards arent staying up against such a team and sweeping late game with BU okidogi as their special attacker got taken out of the game)

I also got to top 15! it is always important to have something to back up your team to show you have tried it out
1699153001059.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)